Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

CASEY SCORPIONS v PORT MELBOURNE

KC from Casey

Back on topic. I don't think we have a spot to make White eligible to be promoted right now, shame. He seems to be playing good consistent footy.

You'd think Ben Ken would come in. Hopefully ANB, Newton, Michie, Grimes etc keep grinding away to improve. 

I'm actually most interested in Spencer. Gawn seems to be marking the ball forward better this year and could hold his own for 30% or so game time forward, whilst doing maybe 50-60% in the ruck. Which would mean Spencer could come in and do 40-50% in the ruck, maybe another 20-30% forward and spend the rest of the game on the bench.

What did everyone make of Spencer's game today? Is he marking the ball well around the ground and forward? Is he dominating the ruck, is he using the ball safely when he gets it? I'd love to play 2 rucks,, swapping them deep forward and then just have Hogan and Watts working in tandem across half forward and inside 50. So I'm very interested in Spencer reports please!

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Earl Hood said:

I was at the game yesterday and yes Garlett had a shocker but I don't remember him getting a run in the centre ball ups. Am I wrong? My thoughts are he adds value with cameos in the centre clearances, he has great reflexes and provides another midfield variation and it is good for him as he gets some contested game time , rather than sitting in starvation corner hoping for a ball to come his way. 

Some early touch through the mid couldn't hurt Hood and i've seen some very nice cameos from Garlo there, albeit they rarely give him a run there. Can't recall seeing him play through there y'day. FD might be worried about him getting hammered or something so are reluctant to play him there too often. I reckon his pace through there adds a diff look for the opponent at times and would be a nice, occasional, change up and maybe help warm him up for better work closer to goal when he goes back again.

I also seem to recall him playing occasionally off HB for the Blues and coming through the mid on some mad runs (and a few running goals!) if my memory serves me correctly. We don't seem to try any of that.

Edited by Rusty Nails

4 hours ago, KC from Casey said:

It's all over with Casey winning by 35 points.

Casey Scorpions 2.6.18 3.9.27 6.11.47 12.14.86

Port Melbourne 0.3.3 4.4.28 7.8.50 7.9.51

Goals

Casey Scorpions Kennedy 3 Hulett Spencer Terlich 2 Michie Pattison Weideman 

Disposals Kennedy 30 Newton 27 Grimes White 24 Neal-Bullen

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4
Casey Scorpions 2.6-18 3.9-27 6.11-47 12.14-86
Port Melbourne 0.3-3 4.4-28 7.8-50 7.9-51
Casey Scorpions
Goal Kickers: B. Kennedy 3, D. Terlich 2, L. Hulett 2, J. Spencer 2, P. Pattison, S. Weideman, V. Michie
Best Players: B. Kennedy, J. Hutchins, D. Keilty, J. Spencer, L. Hulett, V. Michie
Port Melbourne
Goal Kickers: J. Scipione 4, H. Sandilands 2, M. Rivett
Best Players: S. Crocker, K. Haretuku, D. Mascitti, H. Sandilands, G. Dickson, L. Tynan
  • Like 3

Good to see Spencer named in the better players, and Hulett too.

A question for KC (and other regular Casey observers) - how would you say Hulett is progressing as compared to Weideman?  Who do you see as closer to a game for the Dees?  Are they competing for the same position?  Are either like kelt to get a few games this year?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demi Dee said:

have you ever had a Buck's Fizz? 

A tasty little champagne cocktail  and no I wasn't referring to the 81 Eurovision contestants  

Yes...hence the word play ?

1 hour ago, monoccular said:

Good to see Spencer named in the better players, and Hulett too.

A question for KC (and other regular Casey observers) - how would you say Hulett is progressing as compared to Weideman?  Who do you see as closer to a game for the Dees?  Are they competing for the same position?  Are either like kelt to get a few games this year?

I thought Hullett was good today. Weid was okay but not really conditions that suited him and his game. Hullett was very good below his knees and whilst a big fella was very mobile and unphased by the conditions. Disposal lets him down at times.

15 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

lol....  If you were the sole selector nobody would ever get dropped and we would run out on the field with 35 players each week

It was in answer to Uranus who said Harmes turned it over every time he got it, so he had 4 clangers same as Breust and Rioli, nowhere near the same impact as Rioli and Breust agreed, but not being a selecter like the rest on here, I/we don't know what role Harmes was given yesterday and for all the wishing and hoping, not any influence on which team is picked next week either

I was pointing out a fact, like others on here, but as per the norm, I am not allowed to.........

PORT SIDE SMASHED by K C from Casey

The Casey Scorpions overcame wet and greasy conditions and a persistent opponent in Port Melbourne to remain perched on top of the VFL ladder as the halfway mark of the season approaches. The 35 point win over the Borough was by no means convincing but it was a testament to the superior fitness and a determined final quarter effort that has characterized the team's season to date.

Casey dominated the opening term and though wasteful in front of goals, it held a handy 15 point lead at quarter time. Port scored its first goal of the match early in the second term but the Scorps maintained their grip on the game and their inaccuracy until an unexpected burst of three goals from the visitors saw them grab the lead in the shadows of half time.

The condition were dark and grey and the home side was far from convincing after the main break with the Borough scoring the first goal to make it four on end and threatening to take control of the game. A few individual efforts from the Scorps kept them in the game but when Port kicked successive goals to go to an eight point lead, the danger signals were out. A late goal against the flow saw them go into the final huddle three points in arrears and with a real game in their hands.

Coach Justin Plapp's call to arms got the desired result as his charges took a stranglehold on the game with an emphatic six goals three behinds to a solitary point in the next half hour. Fittingly, it was two of the day's dominant players, one small and one tall, who each scored two goals that drove the momentum in their team's favour. Ben Kennedy who was busy all day and started with fourteen touches on the way to a 30 possession and three goal game showed that he was up to taking on his old club in the coming Queens Birthday Blockbuster while Port had no answer to big Jake Spencer in the ruck and he drove the nail into the coffin with those strong goals in the last.In the end Port was smashed.

Other Demon listed players to impress were midfielders Ben Newton and Viv Michie while Jack Grimes' experience around the ground was invaluable. The Scorps were well served by skipper Jack Hutchins and promising Declan Keilty in defence and unearthed another youngster in second-gamer Dylan Collis. 

If there was a dark cloud on the horizon it was the injury to Lynden Dunn who left the field early with what appeared to be a hamstring injury.

Casey comes up next against an improving Collingwood in what has become a traditional game on the Saturday of Queens Birthday weekend. The Magpies sit in fifth spot on the ladder and that must have been behind the decision of the Seven Network to televise the game - Casey's first for the season. 

Casey Scorpions 2.6.18 3.9.27 6.11.47 12.14.86

Port Melbourne 0.3.3 4.4.28 7.8.50 7.9.51

Goals 

Casey Scorpions Kennedy 3 Hulett Spencer Terlich 2 Michie Pattison Weideman 

Port Melbourne Scipione 4 Sandilands 2 Rivett

Best

Casey Scorpions Kennedy Hutchins Keilty Spencer Hulett Michie

Port Melbourne Crocker Haretuku, Mascitti Sandilands Dickson L Tynan

Statistics

Lynden Dunn 6 disposals 3 kicks 3 handballs 2 tackles 20 dream team points [injured]
Jack Grimes 25 disposals 13 kicks 12 handballs 4 marks 15 tackles 137 dream team points
Liam Hulett 2 goals 13 disposals 8 kicks 5 handballs 6 marks 2 tackles 69 dream team points
Max King behind 10 disposals 7 kicks 3 handballs 3 marks 5 tackles 11 hit outs 68 dream team points
Matt Jones 11 disposals 7 kicks 4 handballs 3 marks 6 tackles 59 dream team points
Ben Kennedy 3 goals 2 behinds 30 disposals 19 kicks 11 handballs 9 tackles 139 dream team points
Jay Kennedy-Harris 1 behind 11 disposals 5 kicks 6 handballs 8 tackles 60 dream team points
Viv Michie 1 goal 21 disposals 14 kicks 7 handballs 5 marks 4 tackles 90 dream team points
Alex Neale-Bullen 22 disposals 9 kicks 13 handballs 2 marks 6 tackles 77 dream team points
Ben Newton 30 disposals 9 kicks 21 handballs 13 tackles 110 dream team points
Cam Pedersen behind 12 disposals 6 kicks 6 handballs 4 marks 8 tackles 6 hit outs 82 dream team points
Jake Spencer 2 goals 1 behind 11 disposals 7 kicks 4 handballs 3 marks 6 tackles 47 hit outs 121 dream team points
Dean Terlich 2 goals 1 behind disposals 13 kicks 6 handballs 3 marks 6 tackles 94 dream team points
Sam Weideman 1 goal 2 behinds 12 disposals 5 kicks 7 handballs 3 marks 1 tackles 49 dream team points
Mitch White behind 25 disposals 13 kicks 12 handballs 6 marks 2 tackles 90 dream team points

The Development League team lost a hard fought, high scoring game by 21 points.

Casey Scorpions   2.3.15 5.6.36 10.8.68 14.11.95 

Port Melbourne   2.1.13 7.3.45 13.8.86 18.8.116

Goals

Casey Scorpions Baker 3 Freeman Wilson 2 Ambler Briggs Cotte Lovett McInerney MacHaya Muir

Port Melbourne Hogan 6 Beddison 3 Toman Williams 2 Hogan Osborne Pearson Spencer Urban

Best

Casey Scorpions Daniel Johnston Moncrieff Lovett Muir Wilson McInerney

Port Melbourne Toman Spencer Urban Hogan Osborne Beddison 

just out of curiosity does Plapp play the same diamond with Casey ?

Stats and stories about yesterday's game:-

Lynden Dunn 6 disposals 3 kicks 3 handballs 2 tackles 20 dream team points [injured]
Jack Grimes 25 disposals 13 kicks 12 handballs 4 marks 15 tackles 137 dream team points
Liam Hulett 2 goals 13 disposals 8 kicks 5 handballs 6 marks 2 tackles 69 dream team points
Max King behind 10 disposals 7 kicks 3 handballs 3 marks 5 tackles 11 hit outs 68 dream team points
Matt Jones 11 disposals 7 kicks 4 handballs 3 marks 6 tackles 59 dream team points
Ben Kennedy 3 goals 2 behinds 30 disposals 19 kicks 11 handballs 9 tackles 139 dream team points
Jay Kennedy-Harris 1 behind 11 disposals 5 kicks 6 handballs 8 tackles 60 dream team points
Viv Michie 1 goal 21 disposals 14 kicks 7 handballs 5 marks 4 tackles 90 dream team points
Alex Neale-Bullen 22 disposals 9 kicks 13 handballs 2 marks 6 tackles 77 dream team points
Ben Newton 30 disposals 9 kicks 21 handballs 13 tackles 110 dream team points
Cam Pedersen behind 12 disposals 6 kicks 6 handballs 4 marks 8 tackles 6 hit outs 82 dream team points
Jake Spencer 2 goals 1 behind 11 disposals 7 kicks 4 handballs 3 marks 6 tackles 47 hit outs 121 dream team points
Dean Terlich 2 goals 1 behind disposals 13 kicks 6 handballs 3 marks 6 tackles 94 dream team points
Sam Weideman 1 goal 2 behinds 12 disposals 5 kicks 7 handballs 3 marks 1 tackles 49 dream team points
Mitch White behind 25 disposals 13 kicks 12 handballs 6 marks 2 tackles 90 dream team points

... and from the Port Melbourne website

• Like 3

Just taking a look at the VFL ladder, and apart from Casey being a game clear on top, I notice that 6 of Casey's 8 games played have been against teams in the top 8.  Footscray (currently 7th) is the only top 8 team we're yet to play.

Certainly bodes well for the Scorps for the remainder of the season.  Top 4 spot is their's to loose you'd think.

Edited by AngryAtCasey
  • Like 10

Couldn't get there on the weekend due to being in Tassie, but its the first time I've had cause to watch some of the VFL replay on the MFC website.  Must say I am impressed with the camerawork when you see what they have to work with.  Apart from the soundtrack distraction of gossiping from the kitchen behind, it's a nice piece of coverage for an amateur setup.  Wouldn't mind seeing that paired with the Casey radio soundtrack.

Most of the time the MFC players can be clearly distinguished, though it helps a lot to know their Casey numbers.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2016 at 8:28 AM, AngryAtCasey said:

Just taking a look at the VFL ladder, and apart from Casey being a game clear on top, I notice that 6 of Casey's 8 games played have been against teams in the top 8.  Footscray (currently 7th) is the only top 8 team we're yet to play.

Certainly bodes well for the Scorps for the remainder of the season.  Top 4 spot is their's to loose you'd think.

Or even lose.....

Thanks again KC, greatly appreciated allows us fans to get a feel for what is happening at the Scorp's games, thanks also all other posters. - Go Dee's, Go Scorp's

25 touches and 15 tackles to Grimes is another great effort.

Not sure what else he could do to get a look in at the moment unless his touches have been horrendous (which of course is possible). Wasn't listed in the best so maybe.

I don't doubt his papers are stamped and I'm not his biggest fan however I think he deserves a couple weeks to at least show the improvement he's obviously had with better coaching/development.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bjDee said:

Couldn't get there on the weekend due to being in Tassie, but its the first time I've had cause to watch some of the VFL replay on the MFC website.  Must say I am impressed with the camerawork when you see what they have to work with.  Apart from the soundtrack distraction of gossiping from the kitchen behind, it's a nice piece of coverage for an amateur setup.  Wouldn't mind seeing that paired with the Casey radio soundtrack.

Most of the time the MFC players can be clearly distinguished, though it helps a lot to know their Casey numbers.

MFC players wear numbers 49 and above. Weid is 49.

2 hours ago, deeko said:

25 touches and 15 tackles to Grimes is another great effort.

Not sure what else he could do to get a look in at the moment unless his touches have been horrendous (which of course is possible). Wasn't listed in the best so maybe.

I don't doubt his papers are stamped and I'm not his biggest fan however I think he deserves a couple weeks to at least show the improvement he's obviously had with better coaching/development.

I wonder if possessions in games played under the conditions of last sunday (or even MFC's game on Saturday) are a good indication of the player's performance. The Casey game was more like a rugby union game for the most part, except perhaps the last quarter. Seemed a lot of handballs and kicks were inconsequential given the rolling maul played most of the game. Same with tackles, would not be surprised if there was close to a record number of tackles because the ball moved by inches most of the time. The stoppages often had 2 or 3 ball ups because there was no real clearance. The last quarter saw Casey start to dominate and saw better ball movement and resulted in 6 (?) goals. 

Just dropping in for a quick hello guys! :rolleyes:

12-Rocky.gif

On 6/5/2016 at 4:27 PM, Whispering_Jack said:

Doubt that Garlett would get dropped for a big occasion game like QB.

On 6/5/2016 at 3:49 PM, The Song Formerly Known As said:

no mate.

On 6/5/2016 at 4:07 PM, bing181 said:

Not even close.

On 6/5/2016 at 4:09 PM, titan_uranus said:

No.

Not even close.

Seriously, no.

That's not to say he's in sparkling form, he's not and he needs to lift. But he's seriously not even close to our worst in the last month. Try Harmes, Kent or OMac for starters, let alone those who weren't good enough to hold their spots (ANB, Michie, Newton, Kennedy).

On 7 June 2016 at 10:37 PM, bjDee said:

Apart from the soundtrack distraction of gossiping from the kitchen behind, it's a nice piece of coverage for an amateur setup. 

I would rather listen to the tinkling of cutlery and chit chat than some blowhard like BT. 

• Like 1