Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here

Grapeviney

On 01/09/2016 at 9:19 PM, willmoy said:

Why doesn't someone say, Quote:" we are all adults here, how much do you want, and what can we help you with. And while i'm on the subject, and as we are adults, you have a responsibility to be fair and honest with your fellow players, the Club and the supporters as well as to yourself and your family, so make up your ###ken mind"

I'll be disappointed if the club doesn't proactively sort this soon.

The whole waiting for CBA is rubbish. Can/is accommodated in others dealings already.

Id call his bluff.  'bout the club !!

• Like 8

The club has contacted Jesse and told him some on DL are in a hysterical psychotic state and that he must publicly announce his intentions. Subsequently there will  be a presser today at 3.00 PM. 

Gee, calm down, clearly the parties are working toward a result and DL meltdown is not going to change it or speed it up. Love the timeframe demands on here 

• Like 5

I have always said Jesse will eventually return home. When? i have no idea just a personal opinion. Deep down his heart has always been set on Perth.

I'd like to ask though if it is worth the club sitting down with Jesse soon and asking him the question if he does want to return? I think with Freo having pick 3 this year it could be the only chance they could actually give us something decent back in return.

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

The club has contacted Jesse and told him some on DL are in a hysterical psychotic state and that he must publicly announce his intentions. Subsequently there will  be a presser today at 3.00 PM. 

Gee, calm down, clearly the parties are working toward a result and DL meltdown is not going to change it or speed it up. Love the timeframe demands on here 

Hardly in a meltdown Red. I may be among the lesser number here who simply doesn't think he is quite the football progidy many others guffaw. He is good for sure but very lazy and inconsistent. He isnt for mine an absolute necessity for our success. Our fwd 50 actually functions better without him currently . Imho

Right atm we need more grunt and class in the middle. We can muster goalkicking players.

My view is simply along the lines of PR himself who says you don't wait till contracts are up to sort your list.

Even though that comment was more directed at FA the likes of Hogans situation is the same; so treat as same

He signs before trade week or trade him.

Is about Melbourne....not 'tickets on self' 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I have always said Jesse will eventually return home. When? i have no idea just a personal opinion. Deep down his heart has always been set on Perth.

I'd like to ask though if it is worth the club sitting down with Jesse soon and asking him the question if he does want to return? I think with Freo having pick 3 this year it could be the only chance they could actually give us something decent back in return.

That's what I'm saying. If he leaves at the end of 2017 we will get a worse value deal, and it also delays our plans for 12 months as we have been playing a guy who won't be there. He doesnt have to sign a new deal before trade week but needs to tell the club whether he is staying or going. If he isn't traded but doesn't sign by start of 2017 it'll be a really bad look and won't end well when Freo lowball us because he is OOC.

31 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Hardly in a meltdown Red. I may be among the lesser number here who simply doesn't think he is quite the football progidy many others guffaw. He is good for sure but very lazy and inconsistent. He isnt for mine an absolute necessity for our success. Our fwd 50 actually functions better without him currently . Imho

Right atm we need more grunt and class in the middle. We can muster goalkicking players.

My view is simply along the lines of PR himself who says you don't wait till contracts are up to sort your list.

Even though that comment was more directed at FA the likes of Hogans situation is the same; so treat as same

He signs before trade week or trade him.

Is about Melbourne....not 'tickets on self' 

I have a feeling that if we keep him we may end up with a cross  between Fevola and Richardson. Sure he will kick a stack of goals  like they did but also a distraction, high maintenance  and ultimately lack of team success.  We lack the strong leadership and culture to keep his ego in check. He has to change his ways.

Edited by america de cali

14 minutes ago, schmuttt said:

That's what I'm saying. If he leaves at the end of 2017 we will get a worse value deal, and it also delays our plans for 12 months as we have been playing a guy who won't be there. He doesnt have to sign a new deal before trade week but needs to tell the club whether he is staying or going. If he isn't traded but doesn't sign by start of 2017 it'll be a really bad look and won't end well when Freo lowball us because he is OOC.

Spot on mate. I'm a bigger fan of Hogan more then anyone but not emotionally invested like i use to in the past with Scully Farmer Woewodin. I have now learnt to have a supporter hat on and thats it.

The club is bigger then the individual and personally its all about the future for me. If Hogan is 50/50 on going home then the club has to sit down and ask the question. As you said we simply cannot have Hogan playing in 2017 with his mind set on Perth.

We need to look after our own backyard too and if that means a pick 3 plus Lachie Weller that so be it.

Its either your with us on this journey or not.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 4

By the way, he had no issues with extending his contract middle of 2014 for another two years when there was interest from Freo at the time.

Why would he be delaying this time round? Wait another year to see if he could fall in love with Melbourne, or is his heart already set to go home?

For sure there are guys who wait until the end to recommit, but my guess is they are waiting to field more offers (eg jeremy howe). Hogan would already have offers from other clubs albeit informal

• Like 1

Reading newspaper from the west Hogan should remain a Demon on big bucks. The club will  not progress as much as most will anticipate in 2017. We don't yet have enough depth to cover our stars if they get injured,certainly I hope that I am wrong. My problem is that other clubs seem to be getting the spoils from Gawn.We have no decent backup ruckman,preferably we need a forward/ruckman. I would like to see N.Jones play in a different position,it is about time someone else takes on the responsibilty. 

3 hours ago, Redleg said:

Glad you haven't got Mahoney's job .

He's not the Messiah Red. He's not as important as some, possibly yourself think.

To empower a kid to [censored] you around isn't clever. Is it ?

13 hours ago, Third Man Up said:
On Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 11:51 PM, A F said:

I love how any word of an MFC player leaving is shut down as nonsense and the source is more often than not, ridiculed, yet any word of another club's player coming to melbourne is treated with anticipation. Its gold watching it play out time after time. Fair dinkum , most of you lot on here are pathetic cultists. The dozen or so that keep an even keel are a great read but the rest is a pyschs dream

How was that word of an MFC player leaving? That was ADC doing his usual wrist slash, saying that Watts and co were idiots to sign on, implying we're such a hopeless mess. Has nothing to do with an inside word on a player leaving. ADC has been preparing his scarred heart for months in the small chance that Hogan might leave. He has no inside info, merely an opinion and one that is tediously pessimistic.

Edited by A F
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

He's not the Messiah Red. He's not as important as some, possibly yourself think.

To empower a kid to [censored] you around isn't clever. Is it ?

How do you know he is f...ing us around? Maybe he has told us he wants to stay but wants to wait to finalise a deal. Maybe we have given him a certain time to advise us. Maybe other possibilities. 

I just don't think the club works to DL timeframes. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, america de cali said:

I have a feeling that if we keep him we may end up with a cross  between Fevola and Richardson. Sure he will kick a stack of goals  like they did but also a distraction, high maintenance  and ultimately lack of team success.  We lack the strong leadership and culture to keep his ego in check. He has to change his ways.

Im not at all sure what we have in Hogan. He has amazing talent and understanding of the nuances and yet he's also very frustrating . Hishead often seems elsewhere. I've not come to a comfort that he's bought "in" 

His game is very one-way and yet he does many clever things.

He's good. I am very happy if indeed he does choose to stay. Maybe his slovenly ways might evaporate.

I really can't fathom there's a real impediment to signing....if he's staying.

• Like 1

I reckon he'll stay.

That said, he should watch Open Mike with Paul Roos and check out the bit on Roos' time at Fitzroy to see what club loyalty and good character looks like.

And IMO this stuff is important. It's why movies like Platoon, Gallipoli and Breaker Morant still make the heart beat faster - certain people can't be bought. Their character is what defines them. Just sign up to the cause Jesse and be done with it. 

Edited by Ron Burgundy
iPad typo.
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, beelzebub said:

Im not at all sure what we have in Hogan. He has amazing talent and understanding of the nuances and yet he's also very frustrating . Hishead often seems elsewhere. I've not come to a comfort that he's bought "in" 

His game is very one-way and yet he does many clever things.

He's good. I am very happy if indeed he does choose to stay. Maybe his slovenly ways might evaporate.

I really can't fathom there's a real impediment to signing....if he's staying.

I am concerned with him on a long fat contract and if his slovenly ways persist. I also see little chemistry between him and his team mates.  Some talented players who have just received lucrative contracts can slacken off.  We have had our fair share. With him we may be expecting the opposite.

Edited by america de cali

4 minutes ago, america de cali said:

I am concerned with him on a long fat contract and if his slovenly ways persist. I also see little chemistry between him and his team mates. 

flunked chemistry, physics and philosophy. credit in economics. let's hope he does well in latin

27 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

flunked chemistry, physics and philosophy. credit in economics. let's hope he does well in latin

He is in esteemed company flunking chemistry and physics as I failed both and also maths for good measure. I should have been a science teacher. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Redleg said:

He is in esteemed company flunking chemistry and physics as I failed both and also maths for good measure. I should have been a science teacher. 

good effort there red. presumably your maths improved enough to be able to bill in 6 minute increments? :lol:

• Like 1

On 1 September 2016 at 4:57 PM, CP5 said:

14 marks (5 contested) in round 22 seems to account to nothing.  Prior to this weekend Riewoldt's record was 18 marks.

But at least Schwarz is saying Hogan should take a leaf out of Hawkin's book.  It only took Hawkins 6 seasons to have a breakout year and 69 games to reach Hogan's tally of 85.

Agree ... As Roos said kid is 21 & playing his second year in the toughest position.. FFS expectations too high.. Many forwards have taken 4-5 seasons to become consistent good players... He's just another young player developing along with petracca, Oliver, etc etc..

• Like 2

8 hours ago, schmuttt said:

He might want to hold off until the end of his contract. Gives him more time to weigh up his options. I doubt he would be in a rush to head to Freo atm. That could change if they improve next year. Hogan doesn't have to make a decision whilst he is still contracted. Be surprised if the club didn't push for an answer regardless (this trade period).