Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

CASEY SCORPIONS v WILLIAMSTOWN

KC from Casey

The Casey Scorpions will be looking to knock of the VFL's big fish of 2015 - the premiers Williamstown - this Saturday evening at Casey Fields.

The Scorpions are on top of the ladder undefeated while the Seagulls are 1 -1 having lost last week to the Box Hill Hawks.

With a couple of players coming back into the side, Casey should have a strong team to take them on and retain top spot..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, M_9 said:

Pardon my ignorance, who are Casey's rucks - Pedersen, Max King?

Keilty and Max King. Keilty copped a head knock last week so we were short of a ruckman occasionally.  I saw Hulett shape up to ruck at one stage before being relieved by Keilty returning to the fray with head in a bandage. 

• Like 1

PETER JACKSON VFL 2016

Saturday 23 April

Casey Fields at 7.00pm

CASEY SCORPIONS

B: Terlich Garland Newton

HB: Petracca Hutchins Garlett

C: Grimes Trengove Michie

HF: Neale-Bullen Weideman Hunt

F: K Wilson T Smith Kennedy

FOLL: Pedersen White Munro

I/C (from): Ambler Batten* D Collis Gains Gordon Hulett Max King McInerney Morris Pattison Rutherford Scott  Stretch

WILLIAMSTOWN

B: Masters Fahey Charleston 

HB: Dorgan Faulks Wheeler

C: Bewley Jolley Gibbons

HF: Bese Dunnell Anastasio

F: Meese Conway Hetherington 

FOLL:  Cordy E Carr Sippos

I/C (from): Bugeja A Carr Chisari Critchley Currie Griffiths Myers Sing Sullivan *

* 23rd player

AFL DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE 2016

Saturday 23 April

Casey Fields at 4.00pm

CASEY SCORPIONS

B: Morris Rutherford Hannon

HB: Anderson Vander Haar Lovett

C: Di Pasquale Pattison Briggs 

HF: Muir Ferreira Wyatt

F: D Collis Hillard Gains 

FOLL: McInerney Cotte Daniel Johnston 

I/C (from): Beacom Briggs W Collis Cox Gordon Jakwot Jaffer-Williams Johnson Damien Johnston Machaya Mason Moncrieff Stockdale 

WILLIAMSTOWN

B: Carter Buyx-Smith Burke

HB: Currie Sing Davies 

C: Griffiths A Carr Shultz 

HF: Bugeja Critchley Greiser

F: Myers Maher Monk

FOLL: Curtis Chisari Owen

I/C (from): Brumby Condon Deller Di Ciero Di Donato Eales Ebinger Heaver Johnstone Lockwood McMahon Minogue Norton

18 hours ago, AngryAtCasey said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CaseyScorpions/status/723066327963852800/photo/1

No Dawes.

Next week we should see his return i guess along with Oliver, Oscar, Spencer & potentially Matt Jones.

Oliver won't come back through Casey, he is our most effective midfielder - when Kennedy isn't in there.

1 hour ago, AngryAtCasey said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CaseyScorpions/status/723066327963852800/photo/1

No Dawes.

Next week we should see his return i guess along with Oliver, Oscar, Spencer & potentially Matt Jones.

Going this week Angry?  Kids in bed before 7 this week?  Rum or brandy and milk at 6:00? And some for the kids as well?

32 minutes ago, RedsoxMan said:

Where is Stretch?

Hadn't picked up on his absence. Good point!

1 minute ago, bjDee said:

Going this week Angry?  Kids in bed before 7 this week?  Rum or brandy and milk at 6:00? And some for the kids as well?

I'll be there BJ. Not sure where i put the brandy, so it'll have to be rum this week!

1 hour ago, olisik said:

Why is Kennedy named for Casey?

He's on the extended bench. Same as Pedo, ANB, Trac and 4 others. They are always dual-named until the AFL team bench is finalised. 

3 minutes ago, AngryAtCasey said:

Hadn't picked up on his absence. Good point!

I'll be there BJ. Not sure where i put the brandy, so it'll have to be rum this week!

I'll see you there.

Big news on the catering front last time was the deluxe burger - an egg and bacon roll with premium beef burger patter thrown in.

I'm not eating between now and Sat night. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bjDee said:

I'll see you there.

Big news on the catering front last time was the deluxe burger - an egg and bacon roll with premium beef burger patter thrown in.

I'm not eating between now and Sat night. 

From what i hear they certainly leave the food from the Holden Centre last week for dead!

Always a good spread at Casey Fields.

Mitch King ... season

Vandenburg ... 4 weeks

JKH ... 6 Weeks

Spencer ... 1 week

Then we speculate

Dawes ... rested

Oliver ... rested

M Jones ... rested

O.McDonald ... concussion/rested

Garlett ... 3rd weekly test.

Stretch ... rested

Joel Smith ... rested.

It has been a very tiring 4 weeks for professional athletes. MFC has asked for the season to be cut to 14 weeks only.

• Like 1

On 21 April 2016 at 11:13 PM, spirit of norm smith said:

Mitch King ... season

Vandenburg ... 4 weeks

JKH ... 6 Weeks

Spencer ... 1 week

Then we speculate

Dawes ... rested

Oliver ... rested

M Jones ... rested

O.McDonald ... concussion/rested

Garlett ... 3rd weekly test.

Stretch ... rested

Joel Smith ... rested.

It has been a very tiring 4 weeks for professional athletes. MFC has asked for the season to be cut to 14 weeks only.

It fascinates me when people fail to grasp the concept that players being fatigued at this stage of the season has nothing to do with how many games they have played, but rather the effect experienced by the reduced interchange cap and the additional running required during the course of a match as a result.

• Like 3

On 21 April 2016 at 9:36 PM, KC from Casey said:

PETER JACKSON VFL 2016
Saturday 23 April
Casey Fields at 7.00pm

CASEY SCORPIONS

B: Terlich Garland Newton
HB: Petracca Hutchins Garlett 
C: Grimes Trengove Michie
HF: Neale-Bullen Weideman Hunt
F: K Wilson T Smith  Kennedy
FOLL: Pedersen White Munro
I/C (from): Ambler Batten* D Collis Gains Gordon Hulett Keilty Max King McInerney Morris Pattison Rutherford Scott  

WILLIAMSTOWN

B: Masters Fahey Charleston 
HB: Dorgan Faulks Wheeler
C: Bewley Jolley Gibbons
HF: Bese Dunnell Anastasio
F: Meese Conway Hetherington 
FOLL:  Cordy E Carr Sippos
I/C (from): Bugeja A Carr Chisari Critchley Currie Griffiths Myers Sing Sullivan *

* 23rd player

Earlier in the week, the injury reports were promising us that the Scorpions would be fielding a super strong team to take on last year's premiers. I thought at one stage we might get to 15-16 MFC players which would make this game very winnable. However, the number is likely to be down to 11 with one player acting as emergency for Sunday night (cf 14 last week).

Players missing from action this weekend:-

• Chris Dawes (injured but said to be close to a return);

• Clayton Oliver (rested);

• Billy Stretch (?);

• Jake Melksham (suspended);

• Jay Kennedy-Harris (injured - several weeks away);

• Oscar McDonald (injured - possibly back next week);

• Jake Spencer (injured - once in the 426 category but beyond that now, could be back soon, but then again ... );

• Mitch King (ACL - season);

• Aaron vandenBerg (injured - a month);

• Joel Smith (?); 

• Matt Jones (general soreness - probably back next week); and

• tomorrow's emergency.

I suppose we should be grateful for the fact that we have such a small injured list.

In any event, as far as this game is concerned, Williamstown will start favourite tonight.

2 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

Earlier in the week, the injury reports were promising us that the Scorpions would be fielding a super strong team to take on last year's premiers. I thought at one stage we might get to 15-16 MFC players which would make this game very winnable. However, the number is likely to be down to 11 with one player acting as emergency for Sunday night (cf 14 last week).

Players missing from action this weekend:-

• Chris Dawes (injured but said to be close to a return);

• Clayton Oliver (rested);

• Billy Stretch (?);

• Jake Melksham (suspended);

• Jay Kennedy-Harris (injured - several weeks away);

• Oscar McDonald (injured - possibly back next week);

• Jake Spencer (injured - once in the 426 category but beyond that now, could be back soon, but then again ... );

• Mitch King (ACL - season);

• Aaron vandenBerg (injured - a month);

• Joel Smith (?); 

• Matt Jones (general soreness - probably back next week); and

• tomorrow's emergency.

I suppose we should be grateful for the fact that we have such a small injured list.

In any event, as far as this game is concerned, Williamstown will start favourite tonight.

Most of those players either haven't played much for Casey lately or have been bit parts. The only players they will miss are ANB (assuming he is the MFC emergency) and possibly OMac. The core of the side that annihilated Frankston and Collingwood is still there - I can't see any justification for Williamstown being favourites over the side on top of the ladder with 300%.

Bit of rain around Casey Fields this morning, but expected to be clear and dry by this evening.

Was expecting 14 Melbourne listed players initially, however the mystery absences of Dawes, Stretch & Smith provides a bit of a blow for the Scorpions.

Still however, with a midfield consisting of Petracca, Trengove, Grimes & Michie I expect Casey should control enough of the ball to kick a winning score. Add in Garland as a very good match up for Williamstown's dangerous mid sized forward Sam Dunnell (ex St Kilda) i'll be disappointed if Casey can't get the 4 points.

The players i'm most looking forward to watching: Petracca, Trengove, Weideman, White & Max King (he needs to have a good year - 3rd year rookie). Also i'll add Keilty to that list from Casey's list. He looks a good prospect!

Edit: Keilty 

Edited by AngryAtCasey

12 hours ago, Mach5 said:

It fascinates me when people fail to grasp the concept that players being fatigued at this stage of the season has nothing to do with how many games they have played, but rather the effect experienced by the reduced interchange cap and the additional running required during the course of a match as a result.

PLus the fact they have been in full training since early November.

• Like 2