Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

CASEY SCORPIONS v FRANKSTON

KC from Casey

I just got home from the game and like others I'm glad I went. Started to get a bit chilly near the end but definitely bearable. Parking lot needs lights, had absolutely no idea where I was.

Between the 2 dim sims and sausage roll I've had my fill of reconstituted pet meat. Couldn't find the famed bacon & egg rolls; there was a significant line for the hamburgers though.

It was an absolutely rampaging 2nd half from the Scorps and thoroughly deserved win, all the more impressive given they had 1 rotation for the entire 2nd half. Although it must be said that Frankston, despite having the most vocal support, were extremely ordinary all over the ground. As I previously noted their big ruckman must be someone they picked out of Euroleague basketball because he had little idea how to play footy or even cover the ground with any coordination. Awful player. They also had a dashing rebounding defender with blonde hair who thought he was Brodie Smith, checksiding his way out of the backline with regularity into the waiting arms of a Scorpion. I was also not a fan of their TJ esque full back, complete with 50s hair and long sleeve jumper, who couldn't punch the ball nor take the many uncontested marks that somehow fell his way.

Onto the Dees listed players (and apologies for any I miss, this is recollection only):

Brayshaw - All action game from Gus from the get go. He hits players bloody hard (you can feel it at this level when you are nearby) and his attack on the ball was manic. We know he can bring this side of the game; his evolution needs to come in his outside game. We know he can be damaging through the corridor but even when that worked last year I felt like the kick was often made to look better by the speed of Jeffy. There were times tonight where he was in the clear and completely fluffs the kick, absolute tumblers. He kicked 2 by my count, both when he broke clear in the forward 50 and ran into goal. Seemed to run the game out fine. Also liked how vocal he was in the 3QT huddle urging the boys on for another big quarter. Him and Trac have a fair bit of love going on and its evident they really enjoy playing together.

Petracca - I was surprised he had 28 touches ; I didn't think he had it that much. Nonetheless a very noticeable player when he has the ball and at times without it; a real burst runner. There were a number of times where he absolutely bust his gut running quick alongside a contest to try and get on the end of it. Doesn't run quite as hard defensively but this will come. His kicking is low and hard with huge penetration; hit an absolute burner from the wing to Weideman on the lead at CHF in Q1 that big Sam grassed. Just as well too or young Sammy might have jarred all the bones in his hands at once. Not sure I've seen a kick with that penetration for some time. He has a touch of Robbie Gray about him in that he looks to sidestep and ride a challenge before disposing; I suspect when he plays AFL this will get found out a few times and he will be pinged. He has a fair bit of attitude about him and endless banter with both his teammates and the opposition. He continually demands the ball when teammates are lining up for set shots, begging for the ball even when he is surrounded by opponents and absolutely filthy when they don't give it. The type of player that teammates love and opposition players will hate. 1 or 2 more weeks and he will be right to go, but it's a weird feeling being both excited and terrified everytime he goes near the ball. We haven't even seen what he can do yet but I still have kittens everytime he is in a contest that *might* have awkward knee implications. Suspect I'm not alone here.

ANB - Really warmed into the game and was a key reason for the 2nd half dominance. He's a good in and under player but I actually think he's not a pure inside midfielder as some have him pegged. He sort of a half-half; he'll never be receiving the ball streaming past on the outside but he's often the one on the end of the handball from under the pack in a yard or two of space. From this position he often finds a free player with a short kick; his lateral awareness is very good and his kicking has a quick and simple release. Could easily end up a 200 game player and if he comes in soon this year expect an impact in the 2nd half of games. His endurance is outstanding and he's quite a mature player for his age.

Weideman - First time I have seen him play. He wasn't as dominant as he sounds from the stats but played a good game and created headaches for the Dolphins all night. Most of this was due to his height but he also times his jumps quite well and leads well for a young player. It's clear he has a good footy head on his shoulders and he reminded me a little of a skinnier, quicker, taller Darling. He's very aggressive in the air which I loved, but when he got involved in the play up the ground he generally turned it over. A couple of times he would take a grab or receive the ball in space and look to play it on quickly. This was good but often his execution let him down. Nonetheless I like his instincts and think he could be a good one. Pending our forward line troubles continuing he may get a look in at some stage. I feel like he will be good for Hogan because he actually leads all over the place which will drag the defenders away from Jesse's square.

Trengove - Saw him take a mark in the backline and kick off in the first minute. Watching him follow the quick with his run, I thought he was covering the ground better and quicker than I remember. The next minute he had his head knocked off in a contest and was prone on his back for a good 5 seconds. Got up and had the dizzies so he went off and failed a concussion test. He was walking around later and seemed fine, if quiet.

Pedo - Fairly average game. Didn't have to assume heaps of ruck responsibilities once Mitch King went down, but other than a few in Q2 he isn't clunking his marks like we know he can. I'm not convinced he has the sharpness or quickness of thought to ever be more than a role player and his age is not on his side.

Michie - Whilst he probably got a lot of the ball and did kick a couple of classy goals, he just doesn't have enough damage to his game. He's rather one paced, doesn't work hard to get into space and for a clearance player actually has pretty poor composure. Tends to bomb it long rather than lowering his eyes and backing his skills and he doesn't seem to have the body type that modern AFL demands. He's skinny down low and big up top, which seems to make him easy to tackle and dispossess and limits his explosiveness. He's sort of like the polar opposite to Petracca...

White - I'm a fan of this guy - he presents as a slightly odd player but most of his involvements are really positive. He's a strong body player, good size for a third or fourth defender, goes for intercept marks (not a bad leap on him) and has really good footskills. Could improve his ground level play where he is a little dumbly, but is very vocal and clearly seen as a leader. Not sure how Wagner is getting a gig ahead of him tomorrow and I remember liking his Rd23 game against GWS last year too. Handy sidekick for Salem I think with a bit more size.

Hunt - Can be eye catching, his 2nd half was fantastic but I'm not completely sold. As mentioned it was an absolute rampage in the second half and Hunt was free to run off the HB flank at will with pretty much no defensive consequences. That said he had some really good set up play and is starting to use his evasion and speed really well. I'm not a huge fan of his kicking but he mostly plays to his limitations which is a trait I like in a young player. He will get a gig at some point this year and may do alright. Very quiet around the huddle and seems to be keeping his head down.

Garland - Didn't notice him a huge amount, but contested well in the air whenever the ball went into the Dolphins forward line. They wouldn't have had many marks inside 50 which was a credit to the work he and Oscar got through. Despite being implored by the coaches to be brave and take the corridor, continues to look sideways and take the safe option. Also way too quiet around the huddles for a guy who is in the senior team leadership group. If I were on this team, I wouldn't see or feel he is a leader.

Oscar - Could easily get a look in next week. He looked a fair cut above this level to be honest, which was surprising as I haven't been his greatest supporter, but he dealt with most inside 50 entries with ease and rebounded very well too. His footskills are more reliable than his brothers, still not great, but reliable and he generally doesn't make many mistakes. Seems a smart player. Was one of our best and I would have no issue if he was to come in next week. At this stage, at least the equal of Garland and could well be better, notwithstanding the potential of Garland's invisible leadership skills.

Mitch King - Poor lad went down near me and was in a lot of pain, wailing from the moment he went down which given he has done it before, indicates ACL to me. I think it was an awkward tackle that did it; was hard to see. He seemed to be playing pretty well before that and I can understand the optimism I've been hearing.

Terlich - Just standard. Kicked a good goal from just inside 50 on the run after breaking a tackle, but did little else noticeable. I don't know why he has never been trialled in the midfield or half forward flank pushing up, even the wing?  We have played guys with worse endeavour and worse foot skills in those positions before. He is a see ball get ball player who generally pushes it forward with momentum. I think he is wasted in the backline because he doesn't have a defence first mentality.

Hulett - He's a big lad and a bit of an enigma. When he gets it I think he is a mid as he's quick and mobile with a decent kicking action. At this stage though he's a fair bit off the pace and just doesn't quite know where to be. I'm surprised he isn't playing in the development league. Cops a fair bit of flak from his teammates constantly yelling 'Huey, get in position', including Petracca who taught him an absolute lesson about pushing up to the edge of the square as a half forward. He didn't listen and was second to the ball when it came forward out of the square. Trac let him know about it too.

JKH - didn't have many (any) possessions but was specifically called out in the QT huddle for his work at the contest in the 50. He was certainly on some angry pills and was contesting everything, which was good to see. Disappointing to see him do his hammy; it seemed relatively minor at the time so should only be a couple of weeks I would think.

Of the Casey players I didn't mind the smart little mid/forward they all referred to as 'Gussy' (No he wasn't Angus), they also had some good big forward targets who took a few big grabs. Casey barely missed a set shot in the 2nd half which added to the blowout.

Don't think I missed anyone notable but happy to answer questions if I haven't covered something specific.

Depending on how we go tomorrow I would think if changes are in order then Brayshaw, ANB, Oscar and potentially Hunt would come under consideration.

• Like 41

16 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

He'd drop the odd mark or fumble a bit at training as well which is strange as he was very clean in his one AFL game. Good size. Runs all day. Kicks it very well. I doubt it's an eyesight issue and he looks pretty tough so I doubt he's scared. Maybe just losing concentration when he's already thinking of what he'll do with the ball. How did his speed look? If he can start to break the lines and cut out the fumbles then I'll be awaiting his return to the big league.

He ran well. I don't know if he'll ever be a genuine line breaker, but he moved well and never came close to being caught with the ball. I see him as a taller version of Josh Hunt, a good 3rd or 4th tall. I hope he's the natural eventual replacement of Garland.

11 minutes ago, RalphiusMaximus said:

I had heard that he came back from the break carrying a bit of weight?  Any truth in that?  Did he look at all out of shape? 

He looks heavier, but that could be that he's become broader around the cheast. He was quite thin last year so he has natural muscle to develop.

I'm certainly a fan, i'll say that much.

• Like 2

Thanks for the reports

Sounds as if Casey have a far better mentality than Roos' boys

9 hours ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

Keip an eye on Keilty

Said last week that Melbourne recruiters are really keeping a close eye on this kid this year.

Great reports from all who went. Really appreciate them.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, fr_ap said:

I just got home from the game and like others I'm glad I went. Started to get a bit chilly near the end but definitely bearable. Parking lot needs lights, had absolutely no idea where I was.

Between the 2 dim sims and sausage roll I've had my fill of reconstituted pet meat. Couldn't find the famed bacon & egg rolls; there was a significant line for the hamburgers though.

It was an absolutely rampaging 2nd half from the Scorps and thoroughly deserved win, all the more impressive given they had 1 rotation for the entire 2nd half. Although it must be said that Frankston, despite having the most vocal support, were extremely ordinary all over the ground. As I previously noted their big ruckman must be someone they picked out of Euroleague basketball because he had little idea how to play footy or even cover the ground with any coordination. Awful player. They also had a dashing rebounding defender with blonde hair who thought he was Brodie Smith, checksiding his way out of the backline with regularity into the waiting arms of a Scorpion. I was also not a fan of their TJ esque full back, complete with 50s hair and long sleeve jumper, who couldn't punch the ball nor take the many uncontested marks that somehow fell his way.

Onto the Dees listed players (and apologies for any I miss, this is recollection only):

Brayshaw - All action game from Gus from the get go. He hits players bloody hard (you can feel it at this level when you are nearby) and his attack on the ball was manic. We know he can bring this side of the game; his evolution needs to come in his outside game. We know he can be damaging through the corridor but even when that worked last year I felt like the kick was often made to look better by the speed of Jeffy. There were times tonight where he was in the clear and completely fluffs the kick, absolute tumblers. He kicked 2 by my count, both when he broke clear in the forward 50 and ran into goal. Seemed to run the game out fine. Also liked how vocal he was in the 3QT huddle urging the boys on for another big quarter. Him and Trac have a fair bit of love going on and its evident they really enjoy playing together.

Petracca - I was surprised he had 28 touches ; I didn't think he had it that much. Nonetheless a very noticeable player when he has the ball and at times without it; a real burst runner. There were a number of times where he absolutely bust his gut running quick alongside a contest to try and get on the end of it. Doesn't run quite as hard defensively but this will come. His kicking is low and hard with huge penetration; hit an absolute burner from the wing to Weideman on the lead at CHF in Q1 that big Sam grassed. Just as well too or young Sammy might have jarred all the bones in his hands at once. Not sure I've seen a kick with that penetration for some time. He has a touch of Robbie Gray about him in that he looks to sidestep and ride a challenge before disposing; I suspect when he plays AFL this will get found out a few times and he will be pinged. He has a fair bit of attitude about him and endless banter with both his teammates and the opposition. He continually demands the ball when teammates are lining up for set shots, begging for the ball even when he is surrounded by opponents and absolutely filthy when they don't give it. The type of player that teammates love and opposition players will hate. 1 or 2 more weeks and he will be right to go, but it's a weird feeling being both excited and terrified everytime he goes near the ball. We haven't even seen what he can do yet but I still have kittens everytime he is in a contest that *might* have awkward knee implications. Suspect I'm not alone here.

ANB - Really warmed into the game and was a key reason for the 2nd half dominance. He's a good in and under player but I actually think he's not a pure inside midfielder as some have him pegged. He sort of a half-half; he'll never be receiving the ball streaming past on the outside but he's often the one on the end of the handball from under the pack in a yard or two of space. From this position he often finds a free player with a short kick; his lateral awareness is very good and his kicking has a quick and simple release. Could easily end up a 200 game player and if he comes in soon this year expect an impact in the 2nd half of games. His endurance is outstanding and he's quite a mature player for his age.

Weideman - First time I have seen him play. He wasn't as dominant as he sounds from the stats but played a good game and created headaches for the Dolphins all night. Most of this was due to his height but he also times his jumps quite well and leads well for a young player. It's clear he has a good footy head on his shoulders and he reminded me a little of a skinnier, quicker, taller Darling. He's very aggressive in the air which I loved, but when he got involved in the play up the ground he generally turned it over. A couple of times he would take a grab or receive the ball in space and look to play it on quickly. This was good but often his execution let him down. Nonetheless I like his instincts and think he could be a good one. Pending our forward line troubles continuing he may get a look in at some stage. I feel like he will be good for Hogan because he actually leads all over the place which will drag the defenders away from Jesse's square.

Trengove - Saw him take a mark in the backline and kick off in the first minute. Watching him follow the quick with his run, I thought he was covering the ground better and quicker than I remember. The next minute he had his head knocked off in a contest and was prone on his back for a good 5 seconds. Got up and had the dizzies so he went off and failed a concussion test. He was walking around later and seemed fine, if quiet.

Pedo - Fairly average game. Didn't have to assume heaps of ruck responsibilities once Mitch King went down, but other than a few in Q2 he isn't clunking his marks like we know he can. I'm not convinced he has the sharpness or quickness of thought to ever be more than a role player and his age is not on his side.

Michie - Whilst he probably got a lot of the ball and did kick a couple of classy goals, he just doesn't have enough damage to his game. He's rather one paced, doesn't work hard to get into space and for a clearance player actually has pretty poor composure. Tends to bomb it long rather than lowering his eyes and backing his skills and he doesn't seem to have the body type that modern AFL demands. He's skinny down low and big up top, which seems to make him easy to tackle and dispossess and limits his explosiveness. He's sort of like the polar opposite to Petracca...

White - I'm a fan of this guy - he presents as a slightly odd player but most of his involvements are really positive. He's a strong body player, good size for a third or fourth defender, goes for intercept marks (not a bad leap on him) and has really good footskills. Could improve his ground level play where he is a little dumbly, but is very vocal and clearly seen as a leader. Not sure how Wagner is getting a gig ahead of him tomorrow and I remember liking his Rd23 game against GWS last year too. Handy sidekick for Salem I think with a bit more size.

Hunt - Can be eye catching, his 2nd half was fantastic but I'm not completely sold. As mentioned it was an absolute rampage in the second half and Hunt was free to run off the HB flank at will with pretty much no defensive consequences. That said he had some really good set up play and is starting to use his evasion and speed really well. I'm not a huge fan of his kicking but he mostly plays to his limitations which is a trait I like in a young player. He will get a gig at some point this year and may do alright. Very quiet around the huddle and seems to be keeping his head down.

Garland - Didn't notice him a huge amount, but contested well in the air whenever the ball went into the Dolphins forward line. They wouldn't have had many marks inside 50 which was a credit to the work he and Oscar got through. Despite being implored by the coaches to be brave and take the corridor, continues to look sideways and take the safe option. Also way too quiet around the huddles for a guy who is in the senior team leadership group. If I were on this team, I wouldn't see or feel he is a leader.

Oscar - Could easily get a look in next week. He looked a fair cut above this level to be honest, which was surprising as I haven't been his greatest supporter, but he dealt with most inside 50 entries with ease and rebounded very well too. His footskills are more reliable than his brothers, still not great, but reliable and he generally doesn't make many mistakes. Seems a smart player. Was one of our best and I would have no issue if he was to come in next week. At this stage, at least the equal of Garland and could well be better, notwithstanding the potential of Garland's invisible leadership skills.

Mitch King - Poor lad went down near me and was in a lot of pain, wailing from the moment he went down which given he has done it before, indicates ACL to me. I think it was an awkward tackle that did it; was hard to see. He seemed to be playing pretty well before that and I can understand the optimism I've been hearing.

Terlich - Just standard. Kicked a good goal from just inside 50 on the run after breaking a tackle, but did little else noticeable. I don't know why he has never been trialled in the midfield or half forward flank pushing up, even the wing?  We have played guys with worse endeavour and worse foot skills in those positions before. He is a see ball get ball player who generally pushes it forward with momentum. I think he is wasted in the backline because he doesn't have a defence first mentality.

Hulett - He's a big lad and a bit of an enigma. When he gets it I think he is a mid as he's quick and mobile with a decent kicking action. At this stage though he's a fair bit off the pace and just doesn't quite know where to be. I'm surprised he isn't playing in the development league. Cops a fair bit of flak from his teammates constantly yelling 'Huey, get in position', including Petracca who taught him an absolute lesson about pushing up to the edge of the square as a half forward. He didn't listen and was second to the ball when it came forward out of the square. Trac let him know about it too.

JKH - didn't have many (any) possessions but was specifically called out in the QT huddle for his work at the contest in the 50. He was certainly on some angry pills and was contesting everything, which was good to see. Disappointing to see him do his hammy; it seemed relatively minor at the time so should only be a couple of weeks I would think.

Of the Casey players I didn't mind the smart little mid/forward they all referred to as 'Gussy' (No he wasn't Angus), they also had some good big forward targets who took a few big grabs. Casey barely missed a set shot in the 2nd half which added to the blowout.

Don't think I missed anyone notable but happy to answer questions if I haven't covered something specific.

Depending on how we go tomorrow I would think if changes are in order then Brayshaw, ANB, Oscar and potentially Hunt would come under consideration.

At the GWS game I wasn't absolutely convinced Omac had played a good game, but if you watch the replay on TV I think he was really solid. I'd be getting him in for next week. He and his brother and Frost to play on Moore, Howe and Cloke respectively. Frost on Cloke will be an interesting matchup, while Tommy can run off Howe, who won't chase him and Omac can stay with Moore, who I rate.

PS. Great post.

Edited by AdamFarr
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, KC from Casey said:

A twelve goal final quarter has capped off a big night for the Casey Scorpions. It's fair to say that this was a good start to the season (apart from the injuries).

Peter Jackson VFL 2016

Casey Scorpions 3.7.25 8.9.57 15.12.102 27.17.179 

Frankston 1.2.8. 3.4.22 4.4.28 5.5.35

Goals

Casey Scorpions  T Smith 5 Weideman 4 Kielty 3 Brayshaw Michie Pedersen Petracca 2 Ambler Hulett Hunt Scott Terlich White K Wilson

Best 

Casey Scorpions Brayshaw T Smith Neal-Bullen Petracca Munro Pedersen

Casey Scorpions Development League side was too strong for their Frankston counterparts winning by 46 points. 

AFL Victoria Development League

Casey Scorpions 3.2.20 5.5.35 9.8.62 14.12.96

Frankston 1.1.7 3.2.20 6.6.42 7.8.50

Hopefully that will put us on top of both ladders with a healthy % in the Ones!

Just some quick observations taking into account I left at 3/4 time.

I went to see Petracca and Trengove.  Didn't see Trenners at all as I was getting a burger at the beginning of the first.

Petracca must have played most of his game on the grandstand side as my view differs from many here.  I thought he was prolific, I must have just seen all of his possessions!  Was on and off the ground three or four times a quarter and whenever he was on he had an influence.  He was clean, made good decisions and executed very well. He played both inside and out and just did all things well without doing anything spectacular.  For a kid playing his second game in 20 months it was a very good showing.  When he's fit he'll just walk into the team and have an influence from day one I'd reckon.

The other players have been covered pretty much but I was impressed with Mitch before he did his knee.  Took a very good contested mark in front of us and moved and kicked well.  Let's just hope for the best.

And a quick work on Joel Smith.  He did a couple of things in front of me that really impressed.  He seemed very quick and strong with fantastic athletic ability and very good hands.  Took a difficult half volley very cleanly and seemed really hard at the ball.  He's a really interesting prospect and just needs to learn to find the ball and his kicking seemed suspect.

Others to really impress me were Oscar Mac and ANB.  I'm not as sold on ANB as many but he was our best last night along with Brayshaw I thought.  Michie was better than others thought IMO.

Frankston were pretty awful so all must be taken with a grain of salt.

I've said it before and I'll say it again (to give perspective to those who are reading these reports).  It's a terrible viewing ground and it's difficult to pick players up anywhere over the other side of the ground from the centre onwards.  If a player played 4 quarters on the other side of the ground to where you were sitting you'd miss 80% of his output.  It was particularly difficult given the lights are sub standard and I really don't understand why they play night games there.

• Like 14

On 4/9/2016 at 0:14 AM, fr_ap said:

Thanks for this report mate - very informative for those who can't make it down there. 

• Like 3

I went to Casey to watch Petracca for the first time.

For those who have not seen him I would describe him like this.

Around the packs he hunts the ball like Viney(who is a very good player) but he is bigger, stronger, better kick, can mark overhead and quicker.

I have no doubt he will become a superstar of the AFL.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Miracle said:

I went to Casey to watch Petracca for the first time.

For those who have not seen him I would describe him like this.

Around the packs he hunts the ball like Viney(who is a very good player) but he is bigger, stronger, better kick, can mark overhead and quicker.

I have no doubt he will become a superstar of the AFL.

I have watched him at training a few times and cannot help but agree. I can't wait until he plays how first AFL game (& love it to be against the Pies)!

1 minute ago, DemonWorshipper said:

Would love it, given the game was over 24 hours ago, if when the club puts the video up they could add commentary.

Dr Turf & Rob Sitch could do a good job!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AngryAtCasey said:

Would love it, given the game was over 24 hours ago, if when the club puts the video up they could add commentary.

Dr Turf & Rob Sitch could do a good job!

I agree, definitely missing the commentary. It would at least be helpful to have the player numbers available on the site for easier identification.

Thanks for all the reports pretty comprehensive and without any apparent hyperbole.

Just wondering about the Munro and Ambler boys if they come from the Traralgon  families of the same name would be good footballers. Frank Munro was a champion who could have played VFL and Terry was also very useful at a time when Traraklgon produced Quinlan, Templeton and Jennings to name a few of the better ones. Add Cordy and theres a bit of a pedigree

If your report on Garland is correct then I find that to very dissapointing. Same with pederson. If these guys were really hungry to play in the top 22 then why were thsy not standing out. We are in need of snother fuorward who can ruck. In the meantime I would put dunn at chf before ever putting pederson or dawes there. Dunn can out mark and out kick them both.