Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Essendrug Game Protest

whers_jacka_now

We are in the most privileged position to be the first club to play the cheats in Melbourne @ their home game. Particularly they are doing some sort of "support walk" for the past and can you believe it banned players. Even a some sort of standing ovation clap.

We need to stand up for the rest of the non cheating players and clubs of this league / world who are somehow tried to make feel almost sorry for the dogs.

We need a protest for:

• Every other club and player who does noes not cheat
  • The contrived sham which saw the AFL almost complete their negotiated outcome and play everyone like fools.
  • The contrived sham which saw the AFL treat us with more disdain for dare mentioning the "T" work while at least 5 other clubs did that and shaming us (Not to mention Jimmy and Bailey)
  • The arrogance of which their supporters have belittled every possible finding,(mexican hats, stand by hird et al)
  • The AFL players association who inexplicably stick by the 34 like fallen angels, without caring about the non drug taking other 500 or so who should demand a level playing field
  • Rd 4, 2013 when they beat us by 120 odd points, when juiced up with goof balls
  • The ridiculous Hird dragging the game through the courts and the mud for 3 years.

We need to do it not just for us but for every other fair club, players, supporter and sports.

Ideas?

• I like the simple chant of CHEATS, CHEATS, CHEATS, CHEATS, CHEATS, CHEATS during the standing ovation. 30,000 odd chanting dees would out voice 30 odd thousand gay golf claps. 

Edited by whers_jacka_now
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, whers_jacka_now said:

We are in the most privileged position to be the first club to play the cheats in Melbourne @ their home game. Particularly they are doing some sort of "support walk" for the past and can you believe it banned players. Even a some sort of standing ovation clap.

We need to stand up for the rest of the non cheating players and clubs of this league / world who are somehow tried to make feel almost sorry for the dogs.

We need a protest for:

• The contrived sham which saw the AFL almost complete their negotiated outcome and play everyone like fools.
  • The contrived sham which saw the AFL treat us with more disdain for dare mentioning the "T" work while at least 5 other clubs did that and shaming us (Not to mention Jimmy and Bailey)
  • The arrogance of which their supporters have belittled every possible finding,(mexican hats, stand by hird et al)
  • The AFL players association who inexplicably stick by the 34 like fallen angels, without caring about the non drug taking other 500 or so who should demand a level playing field
  • Rd 4, 2013 when they beat us by 120 odd points, when juiced up with goof balls
  • The ridiculous Hird dragging the game through the courts and the mud for 3 years.

We need to do it not just for us but for every other fair club, players, supporter and sports.

Ideas?

• I like the simple chant of CHEATS, CHEATS, CHEATS, CHEATS, CHEATS, CHEATS during the standing ovation. 30,000 odd chanting dees would out voice 30 odd thousand gay golf claps. 

let it go mate.  the players on the field aren't drug cheats.  not surprised you would like a 'simple' chant

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, whers_jacka_now said:

We need a protest for:

Ideas?

This is pretty small time. I couldn't care less about Essendon.

I also think you should find a better adjective for the golf claps...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ricky P said:

This is pretty small time. I couldn't care less about Essendon.

I also think you should find a better adjective for the golf claps...

True not gay as in the homosexual way, gay as in the joyous claps. Trust me I am not homophobic, if only you knew haha. But I get your point. I just live in a world where the word gay is never ever used for derogation. Those days passed in the 80's with most people, although I do acknowledge low class scum still use the work in a derogative manner. Buts Dees fans we have none if very very few low class scum. All good bud! Rant out!

Edited by whers_jacka_now
  • Like 1

Just now, Nasher said:

I opened this thread expecting it to be a suggestion of protesting by boycotting the game (yes, others have suggested this already).  I'm disappointed as I was amped to give the OP a grilling.

No way mate, I think it is our away / home game type deal. I would not miss a smashing  of the cheats for anything. And firing up their loser supporters. Cant wait (until we are 8 goals in front then I will start). As supermercado  says  the Chris Sullivan line!

• Like 2

I'm on board with the "smashing them into the turf" idea, like DemonAndrew there is a nagging fear in the back of the brain that we'll find a way to loose this. Arrogance was their undoing, arrogance was our undoing last year against them. 

They can have their solidarity march, they can have an applause for the banned players, they can cry me a river if they want; I just want us to win and if we bury them into our home ground turf that will cause them more pain than us fans could even dream of. 

• Like 4

Every Essendon supporting mate i have is an absolute nightmare to deal with at the best of times right now, i'll just be happy to rock up to the G sit with other Dees supporters and watch us win 2 in a row for the first time in donkeys years and enjoy it.

• Like 3

Guys.

Do any of us have friends who are in the Melbourne Victory or Melbourne Heart cheer squad and want to help our cheer squad write an Essendon related drug chant?

Been to plenty of A-League games and some of the chants that have been let out are absolute rippers.

• Like 2

I think a serious booing as the Essendon team runs out on to the ground will suffice,our voices are already warmed up after giving it to Scully last Saturday.

I'm seeing the humorous side of things and going down to Fed Square before the game for a laugh at the whole charade.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Emerald said:

I think a serious booing as the Essendon team runs out on to the ground will suffice,our voices are already warmed up after giving it to Scully last Saturday.

I'm seeing the humorous side of things and going down to Fed Square before the game for a laugh at the whole charade.

I dunno - maybe for some just the sight of an Essendon guernsey might be enough to boo, but to me I'd feel like I was booing the players who opted out, the players who are young and unfortunate enough to be drafted there, and the players trying to eek an extra year or two in the system by playing as a top-up.  None of the people I feel are guilty and worthy of my contempt would be present.  

As an MFC and sport fan, I'd be happy just to grind their team in to dust on the field and leave it at that.

• Like 19

They have Neeld.

That is enough payback.

• Like 22

Oh FFS, let's be realistic here... There will be about 40,000 Essendon fans and 10,000 Melbourne fans. This kind of tough talk of "let's do this, let's do that" is just kinda silly.

How about we just focus on the game and leave all the distractions to the opposition.

• Like 2