Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Post Match Discussion vs GWS

Nasher

42 minutes ago, sue said:

Well not post-match but I didn't want to start a new thread on this:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-30/umpires-boss-wayne-campbell-to-take-over-as-giants-football-manager

Being stuck in the middle of NSW over the lifetime of GWS and seen the free ride they had from the umpires, especially early on, I reckon Campbell was working for GWS well before now.

With Allen coming back to Victoria, I wonder if he will be getting a new job with a Melbourne based team, Richmond or Essendon perhaps?

8 hours ago, doc roet said:

I mean no offence to Omacign

Doc you realise that every single word on (I witnted to type "In" but the software wont let me....admins!!!) every single post will now be dissected and scrutinised by Saty!?? Oh wait, he does that with all posts. Pls Ignore everything I just said

3 hours ago, Rusty Nails said:

Doc you realise that every single word on (I witnted to type "In" but the software wont let me....admins!!!) every single post will now be dissected and scrutinised by Saty!?? Oh wait, he does that with all posts. Pls Ignore everything I just said

After that dream I'd be blocking you from using the word on, not in. That's some good gear you're getting!

1 hour ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Just watched the replay, anyone notice Rory Lobb looks so much like George McFly??!

20150527124102PITTONET_Marc.png

I noticed this bloke is Screech from Saved by the Bell.

• Like 7

On 26 March 2016 at 2:54 AM, Petraccattack said:

Firing up the whole team.  What has possessed Jack Watts, hes a completely new player chock full of confidence and its bloody brilliant to witness..

Took 7 seasons but finally has a decent sized AFL body which probably helps with confidence when attacking the ball/hitting packs, tackling etc. Gone is the TAC type bod of a young recruit

19 hours ago, FireInTheBelly said:

That's about how I saw it as well, cheers.

Cannot believe Vineys' odds preseason for the Brownlow were 151 to 1 

Had to have a small flutter He definitely should have 3 votes now

Thank you to whoever posted the last quarter of the game on YouTube. Not sure if they post on Demonland or not, but thanks to them I was finally able to watch a bit of the game on my phone with third world internet. Hooray! 

Was a great last quarter which was won primarily due to our midfield dominance (wow Oliver is amazing). The only disappointment for me was the lapse of concentration in the last 2 minutes. First letting them hold possession down back and kick one, and secondly letting them get a clean clearance with 11 seconds to go. 

Other than that, I was super impressed with our fast ball movement and seeing Garlett on the wing reinforces my opinion that we desperately need elite speed on the outside ASAP.

I assume Kent isn't being tried on the wing due to tank and fitness issues, but he strikes me as a good short term solution.

• Like 1

After my third watch I decided the biggest plus is we put in for four quarters with varying degrees of success - Parts of the 1st and last quarter were good. The intent was pretty good all day - the execution was off and we certainly didn't create enough space in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. It does give some joy that we played overall just ok against a good side and got the lollies.  

5 minutes ago, nutbean said:

After my third watch I decided the biggest plus is we put in for four quarters with varying degrees of success - Parts of the 1st and last quarter were good. The intent was pretty good all day - the execution was off and we certainly didn't create enough space in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. It does give some joy that we played overall just ok against a good side and got the lollies.  

I dont know about anyone else but I thought it was the first time in years where we looked fitter in the last quarter than the opposition. Even when we won those few last year I felt we looked tired and limped across the line but Saturday was different. Adrenaline from kicking 4 quick goals to start the quarter would have helped with that but still.

• Like 3

I'm hoping that maybe we are on the way, like Port in 2014, to becoming the year's best endurance team after these years with Missan. Port were unbeatable in the last quarters that year and we haven't lost a last quarter in the NAB Cup or last week. Here's hoping.

Also, after watching the game again, there is a lot to like in our second quarter after we were let down by some clangers and lost opportunities and just a little bit of luck not going our way but I'm confident that much of that will get sorted out over the coming weeks. It's not as though we went to sleep for a couple of quarters. The footy being played was quite different to the footy we have seen the last few years.

On 29/03/2016 at 8:37 AM, Satyriconhome said:
25 minutes ago, Late Draft Pick said:

I'm hoping that maybe we are on the way, like Port in 2014, to becoming the year's best endurance team after these years with Missan. Port were unbeatable in the last quarters that year and we haven't lost a last quarter in the NAB Cup or last week. Here's hoping.

Also, after watching the game again, there is a lot to like in our second quarter after we were let down by some clangers and lost opportunities and just a little bit of luck not going our way but I'm confident that much of that will get sorted out over the coming weeks. It's not as though we went to sleep for a couple of quarters. The footy being played was quite different to the footy we have seen the last few years.

If you're going to get his name wrong, at least call him 'Mission'. It sounds better.

Edited by Django

Not sure where to put this but as it relates to last Sat this thread will do. 

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/melbourne-demons-president-glen-bartlett-reflects-on-a-tumultuous-24-hours-leading-into-round-1/news-story/4268c29c3f4daaf6efab55ce51f8e52e

Its a highly personal story that details the heart wrenching and heartwarming drama that our President and his family endured when his 19 year old son Josh went into cardiac arrest last Friday.  After a harrowing week with his health, the next 24 hours were a parent's worst nightmare.  Our President with Josh's permission attended the GWS game.  Josh was having surgery when the ball was bounced. Shortly after the final siren Glen Bartlett received the call that his son had survived the surgery.  It seems the medical team were in overdrive to save Josh.  He now has a long road to recovery. 

Josh must be a quite incredible young man and obviously a Dees supporter.  A quote from the article: " Following 35 hours in an induced coma, all he wanted to do was find out the footy score after he woke up."  Very moving. 

It is an amazing story of hanging in there no matter how tough things are.  It feels trite to say I wish him well as I don't know him.  But I feel inspired by the story.  And I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. 

It was good to see Jack V in their with him this week.  Hope Josh Barlett's experience inspires our team to give it everything they have.

• Like 17

3 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/melbourne-demons-president-glen-bartlett-reflects-on-a-tumultuous-24-hours-leading-into-round-1/news-story/4268c29c3f4daaf6efab55ce51f8e52e

Its a highly personal story that details the heart wrenching and heartwarming drama that our President and his family endured when his 19 year old son Josh went into cardiac arrest last Friday.  After a harrowing week with his health, the next 24 hours were a parent's worst nightmare.  Our President with Josh's permission attended the GWS game.  Josh was having surgery when the ball was bounced. Shortly after the final siren Glen Bartlett received the call that his son had survived the surgery.  It seems the medical team were in overdrive to save Josh.  He now has a long road to recovery. 

Josh must be a quite incredible young man and obviously a Dees supporter.  A quote from the article: " Following 35 hours in an induced coma, all he wanted to do was find out the footy score after he woke up."  Very moving. 

It is an amazing story of hanging in there no matter how tough things are.  It feels trite to say I wish him well as I don't know him.  But I feel inspired by the story.  And I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. 

It was good to see Jack V in their with him this week.  Hope Josh Barlett's experience inspires our team to give it everything they have.

Wow. What have we done as a club that our people continue to have to deal with stuff like this. So glad he is OK.

The curse of the Red Fox..... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

I read that just before, really puts things into perspective. All the best to him in his recovery.

On 29/03/2016 at 5:56 PM, Nasher said:

Interesting, I found that really hard to break down.  The only solution I came up with that worked:

Coach A:
5 Viney
4 Davis or Watts
3 Ward
2 McDonald
1 Davis or Watts
0 Hogan

Coach B:
5 Viney
4 McDonald
3 Davis or Watts
2 Ward
1 Hogan
0 Davis or Watts

One of the coaches didn't rate either Davis or Watts worth a vote.  I think it makes more sense for the 1 and 0 to be Davis, as I find it hard to justify saying he was better than Watts on the day.

Image result for

On 29/03/2016 at 7:37 AM, Nasher said:

Except of course it can't be 0 and 1 for Davis because that doesn't add up to 4, idiot.

Must have been tired when I posted that yesterday. 

:ph34r:  go ahead Punk!!!!  make your Day!!!  ;)

:roos:

On 29/03/2016 at 8:35 AM, doc roet said:

This post probably doesn't belong here either but some might find it humorous.

I'm at home recovering from a hip replacement,so have read nearly every god damed post on demonland.

That game against GWS must had had an effect on me.

I had a dream--- I was on the boundary at the essendon game,the bommers were coming home with a rush.

Roos was full back and needing to kick it in.There was 7 seconds to go.I was screaming 'give him a lead' just for possession footy.

Turd was playing too.Omac finally managed to break free from Hird,Roos handballed to Omac,and Omac tried to handball back over

Hirds head, back to Roos,but the Turd intercepted and goaled.

I feel sick.

well, we'll just have to go out & crash that HooDoo for you,  guru.    can't have our longterm supporters living with PTSD... 

4 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

thank god he's OK.  wow.  

congrats to Josh & Glen & the Bartlet family...   well played Josh.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Thats what I thought too - how could you! No way would I be able to concentrate and would just feel sick the whole time.

It's better to try and take your mind off things rather than staring at a hospital wall while the surgery's being performed. The situation was out of Bartlett's control, and he was close enough that he would have been able to rush back to the hospital if needed. Glad it  seems that it's all worked out and Josh is on the road to recovery.