• The Next Demonland Podcast is Tuesday @ 8:30pm featuring Jayden Hunt

Stream or Download Episode 17

The Next Demonland Podcast
    will be Tuesday 25/7 @ 8:30pm featuring Jayden Hunt

DemonAndrew

WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - TOMAS BUGG

469 posts in this topic

Another young player who has previously been linked to us, out of contract at the end of the year, and yet to be offered a new one.

probably a 'no' for mine as we don't need more half-back flankers whose skill is questionable.

#: 2   Posted (edited)

You could almost name this the Bugg, Plowman, Hampton and Lamb thread really. 4 blokes who are young, OOC and possibly being let go for further picks or more cap room to sign up their gun players.

The one thing Bugg does well is shut down a player. Would he be someone worth getting to free up Viney to concentrate on just getting the footy? Bugg can get the footy but, as you say, he isn't necessarily a good user of it.

He's an upgrade on others on our list though so he, as well as the above 4, are all worth at least a look.

Edited by Wiseblood

You could almost name this the Bugg, Plowman, Tomlinson, Hampton and Lamb thread really. 5 blokes who are young, OOC and possibly being let go for further picks or more cap room to sign up their gun players.

Tomlinson is contracted until the end of next year.

If Frost and OMac develop, not needed.

Really? He's giving up 10cm+ to these guys.

Not similar types at all.

1 person likes this

Tomlinson is contracted until the end of next year.

I stand corrected.

Matt Jones and Rohan Bail are still getting games for us, evidence that we're a long way off having the depth of the good sides. Therefore, Bugg is certainly worth looking at. Has proven himself to be a servicable AFL player.

We're certainly not in a good enough position to be saying "No" to players of his ilk.

2 people like this

You could almost name this the Bugg, Plowman, Hampton and Lamb thread really. 4 blokes who are young, OOC and possibly being let go for further picks or more cap room to sign up their gun players.

The one thing Bugg does well is shut down a player. Would he be someone worth getting to free up Viney to concentrate on just getting the footy? Bugg can get the footy but, as you say, he isn't necessarily a good user of it.

He's an upgrade on others on our list though so he, as well as the above 4, are all worth at least a look.

I think Bugg is the only OOC player of those 4.

Absolutely i would go for Bugg. His first couple of years showed he can tag and win the footy. His disposal isn't as bad as people are making it out to be.

1 person likes this

Really? He's giving up 10cm+ to these guys.

Not similar types at all.

Pace wise?

Much prefer Nathan Wilson and Zac Williams as cheap options. Electric pace and great skills.

Pace wise?

Are you just having stabs in the dark now?

Frost and O Mac are KP players. Bugg is a 184 cm midfielder/HBF.

Frost is quick, O mac is definitely not and Bugg has average pace.

2 people like this

I think Bugg is the only OOC player of those 4.

How off the mark am I today, then?

I must not have read the article properly as I saw those guys mentioned as well, but they probably didn't say their contract status, more that they hadn't had much opportunity this year.

would he be a handy replacement for McKenzie? I haven't watched him.

Maybe a nibble at Plowman, but imo he's just a poor version of Kolodjashnij. If Garland were to leave i'd maybe try and target him as a replacement.

He does have some sh-t in him.

we need to lose a lot more of those night lights, & get in a lot more of that tough shiit into the list,,, we've gone a long way back since we lost whelan, schwata, neita, jnr, riggas, etc.

since those guys finished we've had the likes of morton, bennell, bail, jurrah, gysberts, cook, & so on so on...

lets get some demons back into our jumper.

1 person likes this

Are you just having stabs in the dark now?

Frost and O Mac are KP players. Bugg is a 184 cm midfielder/HBF.

Frost is quick, O mac is definitely not and Bugg has average pace.

He's confusing Bugg with Matt Buntine, perhaps? The two of them were the subject of speculation on here before the Tyson deal happened.

I take facebook rumours with a gran of salt but on one of the MFC forum pages some guy who claims to live with Buggs cousin just mentioned that it is a done deal and signed a contract.

Whether some believe it or not its up to you but thoughts on Bugg. Personally i dont mind this as he plays midfield and down back and sometimes a tagging role which he does quite well. Only 22 with already 60 games experience so real upgrade on Michie Newton Riley who all came in with barely any games played.

1 person likes this

Sounds good to me, he would be best 22.

No objections to Bugg here. Has decent pace and spreads well, so he ticks the boxes.

Get's my all important tick of approval, pending the usual "as long as we don't pay overs". But he is definitely an improvement on what we have.

And doesn't he have a reputation for being one of the more lippy players in the league? Not a bad thing, just remember hearing this before.

1 person likes this

Just a good old fashioned footballer, would definitely trade for him.

1 person likes this