Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Delistings/trades at end of the season

I think if anyone was going to make it back its Trengove, incredible character and a great leader of the club and I think on that and his potential upside is well worth the risk of another short term deal, be it as a senior list player on less money or a rookie selection.

Emotions aside, it will be how well the bone in his foot heals that will determine his list status. If it heals well and is strong enough to play AFL footy, we'll probably keep him. Should the bone die or not heal satifactorarily, I fear he will be delisted. No point keeping a guy on the list at all that cannot play anymore. His trade value this time around is zero, unfortunately. His character and leadership are great and can still be used in an off field role. But IMO it is simply about how well the foot heals that will determine his future.

• Like 3

Slim and the game has changed since 2011

I agree that odds aren't with him but talent is talent and Trengove's best form would put him above the four players ( based on their best form to date) I have mentioned.

I'm sure I will get shot down for this but in my opinion Trengove is cooked and will not make it back to afl level

why would you be shot down ? The odds aren't with him but the good news is that the decision on him doesn't need to be made for at least 6 months.

• Like 1

I actually think it may be only the minimal number of delisting at this stage.. If we then land a bigger name in the trade period, that may force our hand on mids like Riley/Michie/Trengrove.. All have promise but (the but is the issue). Obviously if anyone retires (Jamar/Cross) or leaves (Howe/Garland) then more spots are open and less get delisted. My clear delist at this stage is: McKenzie and Terlich (so we need 2 more i think to meet the minimum changes?). Or it might be a massive cleanout :).

With Rookies is it still 3 years and then its upgrade or delist?

I don't think we need to do too much.

If we can pick up Shiel, Treloar,Dangerfield and Prestia in a complex five way deal using Matt Jones as bait, we should be right.

• Like 7

I think if anyone was going to make it back its Trengove, incredible character and a great leader of the club and I think on that and his potential upside is well worth the risk of another short term deal, be it as a senior list player on less money or a rookie selection.

I think a rookie spot is warranted & to sponsor him on an AFL course of some sort to start a career outside the the footy oval, but in the game if he desires & at the same time have him working on his injury to get it right.

if he wants a career in some business away from AFL we should look to help him in every way.

but we should NOT shut the door on him !!!

We could delist the entire leadership group

They are clearly not up to it

Very sad but it just keeps happening.

They cannot play when pressure is applied...

Yes great idea. As a club with very few leaders I think it would be a fantastic idea to delist the few we have. Like James McDonald, that ended well.

Our leaders aren't always the ones to stand up but they have been great servants of the club throughout the years and deserve a bit more respect than you are currently giving them (Dawes, cross and Lumumba are all recent additions to the club but you'd have to say they've given their all especially cross),

• Like 1

A few hung themselves today!

the obvious ones have run out of time re delisting; those who have played over 30 games & not shown enough for regular games yet, & have been at the club more than 4 seasons.

others who are clearly not strong enough competitors. heart not in it.

those who love the game & the contest, should stay on imo, even if (nqr); just to form 'a base level of commitment', for newbies to perform above, as the listing wheel rolls along.

my list, who are 'in the con-crete mixer' > bail, terlich, mjones, jamar, gawn, howe, mckenzie, watts, dawes, garland,

I think obviously some will be trades if desired by other clubs. (gawn, howe, mckenzie, watts, dawes, garland,)

---------------------------------------------

Re trades into the club, the obvious targets for me > shiel, treloar, prestia, henderson, aish, sloane, selwood, leuenberger, de-boer, daw, jack, etc,?????

the obvious ones have run out of time re delisting; those who have played over 30 games & not shown enough for regular games yet, & have been at the club more than 4 seasons.

those who love the game & the contest, should stay on imo, even if (nqr); just to form 'a base level of commitment', for newbies to perform above, as the listing wheel rolls along.

my list, who are 'in the con-crete mixer' > bail, terlich, mjones, jamar, gawn, howe, mckenzie, watts, dawes, garland,

I think obviously some will be trades if desired by other clubs. (gawn, howe, mckenzie, watts, dawes, garland,)

Re trades into the club, the obvious targets for me > shiel, treloar, prestia, henderson, aish, sloane, selwood, leuenberger, de-boer, daw, jack, etc,?????

I see that you are planning to trade ten from our list who you feel Roos cannot turn into A-graders for eleven+ proven stars. Dee-luded indeed!

Delist

M Jones, Bail, McKenzie, Terlich

One more year depending on form for the rest of the year

Hunt, Cross, Fitzpatrick, Gawn, Toumpas

Look to trade

Watts: 2nd - 3rd pick

Howe: 2nd- 3rd pick

Dawes: Bag of chips (harsh I know but with his current form he is a very limited player) don't think there would be any clubs interested.

Retire

Jamar

• Like 1

I see that you are planning to trade ten from our list who you feel Roos cannot turn into A-graders for eleven+ proven stars. Dee-luded indeed!

no... the trouble is you can't see, or just simple.

any reasonable person would see a list from which to choose some to go from.

but never let that stop you from trying to twist things to suit yourself. will you.

a concrete mixer stops, when the operator pushes back the lever, the mixer stops pushing up the concrete mix. & the flow ceases.

there cbd, is your lesson for the day, now run along little boy, grade 3 awaits you next year, where reading is taught. & interpretation well, thats in between 'your' ears. you mischievous little fella.

Edited by dee-luded

McKen,M.jones,Bail,Grimes,Toumpas,Watts ( currently ROOS's project ),Trengove should all go TERLICH may need to keep due to a shortage og defenders,FItzy may keep,just a gut feeling.Hunt and Harmes do not know enough regarding

progress……. what you may ask. Jamar and Cross to retire. Dunn maybe play forward,not a good defender.WE need 3 gorillas,1 forward,1 back and 1 mid. Would like to get GREENE from GWS,a bargain buy would be ex Essendon player

L.Jetta he is quick.

McKen,M.jones,Bail,Grimes,Toumpas,Watts ( currently ROOS's project ),Trengove should all go TERLICH may need to keep due to a shortage og defenders,FItzy may keep,just a gut feeling.Hunt and Harmes do not know enough regarding

progress……. what you may ask. Jamar and Cross to retire. Dunn maybe play forward,not a good defender.WE need 3 gorillas,1 forward,1 back and 1 mid. Would like to get GREENE from GWS,a bargain buy would be ex Essendon player

L.Jetta he is quick.

are you drunk?
  • Like 1

I think a rookie spot is warranted & to sponsor him on an AFL course of some sort to start a career outside the the footy oval, but in the game if he desires & at the same time have him working on his injury to get it right.

if he wants a career in some business away from AFL we should look to help him in every way.

but we should NOT shut the door on him

I believe Trenners signed on this week for another year, good on him and good on the club.

• Like 1