• Latest Podcast: Round 09 vs Carlton

McQueen

The Incredible Hulk - Jesse Hogan

4 minutes ago, Deestroy All said:

I thought it was his worst game for the year watching it live. Not to say it wasn’t a good game, just not as good as all his others. 

Just saw the stats, 22 touches, 8 marks and 3 goals. He is in some sort of form if that’s a quiet game. What a beast. 

His stats are starting to move into elite territory as a tall forward.

The thing that has stood out most to me this season and was evident on the weekend was his disposal. He hits targets whether its 15 or 40 metres and under pressure too. He generally makes good decisions when he has clean possession. I think the best comparison right now might be Roughead in his prime. He's got similar impact across the ground. Feels like we're starting to see the player he wants to be and he's tracking nicely for that peak prime of mid-late twenties.

• Like 1

I couldn’t get over his field kicking on the weekend

It looked like he was drilling 50-60m passes

He is a very, very special player

• Like 2

His first year he was the contested marking king and really coming to notice by making Rance look like just another defender. He won the 2015 rising star, the first forward since Nick Riewoldt in 2002. Melbourne were average, it was all about Jesse.

IN 2016 it was the poor body language, the suspect kicking action and the never ending will he or won’t he leave 18 months BEFORE his contract was due to finish. Melbourne were average, it was all about Jesse

Last year the poor bastard had the well documented year from hell. Melbourne were ok but there was a lot about Jesse. 

This year Jesse is currently 4th in the Coleman kicking a very economical 20 goals 8. He is racking up midfielder disposal numbers whilst running further than nearly all others. Melbourne are quite good but it’s not about Jesse. 

I get the feeling that he is way happier and plays better when he just part of a team and it’s not about him..

• Like 2

Unbelievable player, super lucky to have him.

This year looks like he's genuinely loving it, loving the club and loving his team mates.

He was quiet when Tmac was firing. But when Tmac slowed and tired after halftime Hogan took over. His kicking definitely has improved.