Jump to content

Josh

Dayne Beams

Recommended Posts

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-coach-nathan-buckley-says-darren-jollys-struggle-to-accept-end-of-career-led-to-coward-comments/story-fni5f6hd-1226769940335

HL, Swan, Jolly, Dids, Shaws, Beams, Dawes, Thomas etc etc. (a lot of talent there)

These blokes could perform for mad mick without complaint but not bucks.....

Who knows, we land HL & Beams to go with Dawes & we might have Steele & Pendles knocking on our door by 2016! ;-p

Could make QB pretty intesting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He can seriously play.

But here is a list of people that I would take before him in an off-field context.

Nathan Carroll

Mitch Robinson

Ben Cousins

Toby Greene

Dan Conners

Heath Shaw

Dustin Martin

Lance Franklin

Jake King

Mick Gatto

Don't want him anywhere near our club.

I reckon Gatto would have made a great full back in his younger days. I can see him shaking hands with the FF and CHF before the game and saying: youze guys have a family? It must be nice to have a family. And a house. Youze wouldn't want anything to happen to them, would you?'

Then he'd spend the game talking to his bookie over the fence as the CHF and FF duitifully handed him the ball every time it was kicked into the forward line.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I hear a tweety bird say he wants to come back to Victoria?

Is Brisbane's captain though and would be 29 at the start of next season.

A star when on and unlucky with injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SFebey said:

Did I hear a tweety bird say he wants to come back to Victoria?

Is Brisbane's captain though and would be 29 at the start of next season.

A star when on and unlucky with injuries.

Tweety bird as in Twitter? Where?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SFebey said:

Did I hear a tweety bird say he wants to come back to Victoria?

Is Brisbane's captain though and would be 29 at the start of next season.

A star when on and unlucky with injuries.

He’s not Brisbane’s captain anymore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Megatron said:

He’s not Brisbane’s captain anymore

OK, he is on the Brisbane website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Premiership player, All Australian, Pies B&F winner, Lions B&F winner and Captain. One opposition player I really like watching.

Not that I think he is heading our way but even at 29yo Beams would be our 2nd best mid behind Oliver. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard an interview where he said that he would now consider returning to Melbourne, because his reason for going to Brisbane in the first place was to be close to his ailing father. I imagine if he does return, his preference would be for C'wood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FarNorthernD said:

Premiership player, All Australian, Pies B&F winner, Lions B&F winner and Captain. One opposition player I really like watching.

Not that I think he is heading our way but even at 29yo Beams would be our 2nd best mid behind Oliver. 

He's a star when on. I think we need to upgrade/consolidate our older players consistently. Beams>Vince for eg. I would say if he does come back he'll go to Collingwood but a name of interest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Deeoldfart said:

I heard an interview where he said that he would now consider returning to Melbourne, because his reason for going to Brisbane in the first place was to be close to his ailing father. I imagine if he does return, his preference would be for C'wood.

Yeah, and his partner/wife? has family here that they are close too and they have recently had a new baby so might need more support. I'd say he might not be what Collingwood actually need, same as us really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Deeoldfart said:

I heard an interview where he said that he would now consider returning to Melbourne, because his reason for going to Brisbane in the first place was to be close to his ailing father. I imagine if he does return, his preference would be for C'wood.

 

40 minutes ago, SFebey said:

He's a star when on. I think we need to upgrade/consolidate our older players consistently. Beams>Vince for eg. I would say if he does come back he'll go to Collingwood but a name of interest.

...not so sure. When he left there were rumours of a rift with Bucks so who knows.

Would be a great addition to our list.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should Gaff fall through this bloke would be a great addition age may be a turn off but this guys plays with hardness and class. Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite a different player and how often does he get on the park these days? Good player, but I'd look elsewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, deefella said:

Should Gaff fall through this bloke would be a great addition age may be a turn off but this guys plays with hardness and class. Thoughts?

He be a great pick up but Brissy should be asking for a first rounder, which we don't have. Not a top 5 pick but a pick between 13-17 or so. 

 

1 minute ago, A F said:

Quite a different player and how often does he get on the park these days? Good player, but I'd look elsewhere. 

He's actually played most games over the last couple of years, not sure why he's seen as that injury prone anymore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still a damaging player when he gets on the park. I do wonder if he comes back to Vic whether he would be willing to forgo dollars to join the MFC. I think he has one 3-4 year contract left in him, so I imagine not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure he loves it up at Brisbane. Slightly more than a snowflake's chance of leaving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chook said:

Pretty sure he loves it up at Brisbane. Slightly more than a snowflake's chance of leaving.

Lot of snowflakes in Brisbane then. Dons and Pies favoured, though Roos and Saints will obviously join in and offer him the suburbs of North Melbourne and Moorabbin.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he is a great player. If the Gaff deal didn’t eventuate I’d take Beams in a heartbeat 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chook fowler said:

Yes please. The best Beams since Percy.

Jim?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He went home for family reason, someone sick on memory, it that no longer the case?

I imagine he'll see out his career at Brissie, he'll be paid well and they are improving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too old and will cost too much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Darkhorse72 said:

He went home for family reason, someone sick on memory, it that no longer the case?

I imagine he'll see out his career at Brissie, he'll be paid well and they are improving.

His father passed away earlier in the year and now rumours have sprung up that he wants to come back to Victoria

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×