Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jesse Hogan Injury Update?

dazzledavey36

Too late for a refund ?

• Like 1

"Serious doubt over when he'll play again" does NOT mean the same thing as "serious doubt over if he'll play again". If Barrett said the former, he's hardly telling us anything we didn't already know. If he said the latter, he's surely full of it.

Not quite as much the drama queen in his article on AFL website

Here

Hang on a minute..! I started the thread just in regards to why wasn't Hogan name read out on the Dave Mission Injury list.. I thought it was a bit odd thats all. Hows that sensationlising it?

Sorry Dazzle my apologies,

should have done my homework and looked at who posted on Barretts comments

In the West we are two hours behind so FS not started yet, but I hope Gary took Barrett to task if not he should never let him forget any ridiculous claim that he may never play. FMD you only have to look at Tom Hawkins 2013 to 2014 to see how different a rest for a back injury can make.

But being the staged show it is they will continue to introduce this muck raker as the number 1 story breaker in the business.

Hoges had back issues when he was younger due to (non medical term) issues with growth spurts along the lines of the top half of the body outgrowing the bottom half but he got over them fine. As I have said before he is a 10 year player and this year whilst frustrating requires kid gloves to be used. My understanding from those who have played with him over here and word coming back is the club wants him to get everything 100% right and he is just really frustrated at not being able to get out there. Having done the preseason and the year in the VFL he was busting at the seems to play AFL this year.

Don't worry he will be fine, patience required

Scott Gullan from The HUN wrote a small piece in The Score that "The resurrection of Tom Hawkins is being monitored by a rival club, which has a prized asset struggling big-time with a back injury similar to that which cruelled the Cat's 2013 season"

I'm assuming he is talking about Hogan

• Like 2

"Serious doubt over when he'll play again" does NOT mean the same thing as "serious doubt over if he'll play again". If Barrett said the former, he's hardly telling us anything we didn't already know. If he said the latter, he's surely full of it.

Pretty sure he said the former while trying to imply the latter and was called out on it by Garry Lyon.

Scott Gullan from The HUN wrote a small piece in The Score that "The resurrection of Tom Hawkins is being monitored by a rival club, which has a prized asset struggling big-time with a back injury similar to that which cruelled the Cat's 2013 season"

I'm assuming he is talking about Hogan

He shouldn't be, because if he is, he has no idea of Hawkins back issues, or they are being reported incorrectly.

Hawkins didnt have fractures in the back, was fine to play on through any pain as he couldn't make it worse, and it was more in Hawkins' head than anything, causing great frustration within the club.

This is obviously not the case with Hogan, or else they'd stick him out of there on the park to play through the pain.

Instead he needs to rest his back until it recovers.

Can't shake a very bad feeling about young hoges... I've run into about 3 times in the last few months out and about. Doesn't seem to be a very happy bloke. Seems to just mope around. Of course could just be his personality but just dosnt look like a happy guy. Can't help but feel if he doesn't get on the park soon and form some sort of bond with the other guys he's guna end up asking for a trade home. I left the game tonight straight after the final siren went and started walking into Richmond. When I got to the precinct, I saw hogan walking up the street, stop and peer into the window and then keep walking. I would have thought he would have been in the rooms with the rest of the team after the game but no. Maybe I'm just paranoid but I had the same feeling with scully... Rant over

He shouldn't be, because if he is, he has no idea of Hawkins back issues, or they are being reported incorrectly.

Hawkins didnt have fractures in the back, was fine to play on through any pain as he couldn't make it worse, and it was more in Hawkins' head than anything, causing great frustration within the club.

This is obviously not the case with Hogan, or else they'd stick him out of there on the park to play through the pain.

Instead he needs to rest his back until it recovers.

Do you have some inside information on the Hawkins injury Machsy or was this written somewhere?

I also thought it was stress fractures that were plaguing him last season.

Do you have some inside information on the Hawkins injury Machsy or was this written somewhere?

I also thought it was stress fractures that were plaguing him last season.

Inside info, albeit not a lot - I'm not a doctor & can't remember the details.

The coaching staff were frustrated with him because it was all in his head, apparently, beyond a bit of stiffness.

It's why they kept playing him while he was supposedly injured.

If it were stress fractures they would not have persisted with playing him, as they did.

Inside info, albeit not a lot - I'm not a doctor & can't remember the details.

The coaching staff were frustrated with him because it was all in his head, apparently, beyond a bit of stiffness.

It's why they kept playing him while he was supposedly injured.

If it were stress fractures they would not have persisted with playing him, as they did.

Thanks, I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it to be honest so I just assumed it was something along the lines of stress fractures.

Can't shake my head enough at embarrassing amounts of paranoia and woe-betide-us behaviour from supporters.

Get a grip!

C'mon after all the crap we went through with Scully, the fact Hogan wouldn't entertain a contract extension, is from Perth, will have the WA sides knocking down his doors, is unable to get on the park to form a bond with the rest of the team, the performance of the team and perception of the club and was quite happy to have a photo of himself wearing a Freo scarf publicised on Instagram I think those of us who are a little sceptical as to where this will end up have a right to be.

• Like 2

C'mon after all the crap we went through with Scully, the fact Hogan wouldn't entertain a contract extension, is from Perth, will have the WA sides knocking down his doors, is unable to get on the park to form a bond with the rest of the team, the performance of the team and perception of the club and was quite happy to have a photo of himself wearing a Freo scarf publicised on Instagram I think those of us who are a little sceptical as to where this will end up have a right to be.

You have the right to carry on like a pork chop if you like, and I have the right to tell you to get grip because you're embarrassing yourself.

All's fair in love, war and footy.

Can't shake a very bad feeling about young hoges... I've run into about 3 times in the last few months out and about. Doesn't seem to be a very happy bloke. Seems to just mope around. Of course could just be his personality but just dosnt look like a happy guy. Can't help but feel if he doesn't get on the park soon and form some sort of bond with the other guys he's guna end up asking for a trade home. I left the game tonight straight after the final siren went and started walking into Richmond. When I got to the precinct, I saw hogan walking up the street, stop and peer into the window and then keep walking. I would have thought he would have been in the rooms with the rest of the team after the game but no. Maybe I'm just paranoid but I had the same feeling with scully... Rant over

OMG he wasn't $miling!!!!!!!!! We know what happened last time that happened............

• Like 1

Saw him at Casey today with JKH and Dean Kent and actually saw him smile several times.

Don't know if that means anything more than he was mildly amused.

Was moving freely and was not in a full body cast either.

Some probably need to take a deep breath and count to ten rather than trying to read anything into body language.

Didn't want to annoy him with the obvious question as at least 15 people stopped and asked about his back, but he wishes he could get out and play which may account for his frustration.

• Like 2

Saw him at Casey today with JKH and Dean Kent and actually saw him smile several times.

Some probably need to take a deep breath and count to ten rather than trying to read anything into body language.

Didn't want to annoy him with the obvious question as at least 15 people stopped and asked about his back, but he wishes he could get out and play which may account for his frustration.

I'm not surprised that Hogan was smiling at Casey Fields today. His teammates on the ground were putting on a real Keystone Cops performance out on the ground.

• Like 1

Wow, he was smiling? In what ways can we attach this emotion to the perils of contract negotiation?

You have the right to carry on like a pork chop if you like, and I have the right to tell you to get grip because you're embarrassing yourself.

All's fair in love, war and footy.

Who is carrying on like a pork chop? You're the one that's reading that into it, all I'm doing is presenting the facts. From memory you were pretty adamant Scully was staying as well and ridiculed anyone who dared think otherwise - how did that turn out?

• Like 1