Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Trade/Draft Rumour Mill

MadAsHell

I haven't listened to Barratt much but was shocked by his head in the sand approach even dismissing the other gypsy who offered to explain it wasn't Tyson for pick 2. An opinion is only valid if based on the real facts not some invention.

His unconcealed hatred was further exposed later when he praised the tigers for trading for what the said they needed even if the paid overs. My recollection is that is what we did. No doubt a bit over on Vince but under on michie. Tyson was done for effectively pick 18 or so.

Barrett Is in my view hopelessly biased against us and should just fess up makes him look bad.

The good thing was the other 2 on the video were openly laughing at his position on us.

Rating D is just spiteful. We might have done better but clearly we did pretty well given we are not a club of choice.

I will now resume ignoring Mr Barratt.

Barratt is what he is: an incompetent and small minded idiot. The best way to show that is to prove it on the park. If I remember rightly, there was a cabal of Melbourne journos who has a similar attitude to the Swans when Roos first took over. He well and truly made them eat their words.

We should do the same. It will be wonderful to watch, and a massive incentive to thrash North every time we play them in the future.

Go Dees!

• Like 1

I don't agree. The Pies drafted Broomhead with the pick we gave up for him. Ever heard of him? If you look at the next 7 or so players in that draft who we could have picked I haven't heard of any of them doing anything this year. A pick is only worth who you can get with it. A point Mr Barrett will clearly never understand. If Dawes gets over his injuries he could well still prove to be the best option with that pick.

We will never really know what order and who the Pies would have taken if they had 2 picks but as they had 3 in a row it didn't matter. Lets say it was Broomhead, injury interrupted first season, the kid is very highly rated and could go on to have a great career.

I think Barrett was part right about last years drafting being scattergun, we seemed to have a plan with Hogan, Toumpas and getting Viney in the second round but then it fell apart with Gillies, Roden, Pedersen, Byrnes and co. The jury is still out with Dawes for me.

http://m.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/lance-franklin-tops-our-afl-trade-rankings-for-2013/story-e6frf3e3-1226747442975

FFS, I know I shouldn't care but who is Ben Broad? Never seen a piece from him in my life. Crameri the second most important trade!!!? DOM Tyson the 22nd behind Josh Bruce at 13 and Luke Delaney at 20.

Papers wonder why we complain that they ask for 3$ a week to read it and that there's no jobs left in the industry... I'm not ****ing surprised. Next time I'll just go to the kangas bigfooty board

Billy Longer 8th.. Gumbleton 10th.. He got traded for 60 for a reason!! Trent West is 16 he got traded for pick 70 and played u games behind the donkey marathon footballer Blicavs. I'm having a melt down here. Need an enquiry on this [censored].

• Like 1

How in the f.u.c.k does bloody players like Shaun Hampson (worst ruck in the comp) and Luke Delaney (a bloke who was traded for pick 77, so obviously North didn't rate him) beat Dom Tyson?

You know what i say guys?! The Dees go out and we make finals! Yes finals! To shut all these idiots up!!

GO DEES!

• Like 2

Saw David Neitz out tonight.. he suggested Nahas as a great option for us next year, sounded like he knew something

Not sure if sarcasm or telling the truth?

How in the f.u.c.k does bloody players like Shaun Hampson (worst ruck in the comp) and Luke Delaney (a bloke who was traded for pick 77, so obviously North didn't rate him) beat Dom Tyson?

You know what i say guys?! The Dees go out and we make finals! Yes finals! To shut all these idiots up!!

GO DEES!

Delaney is no star but he's rated much higher than pick 77. Remember North sold him cheap to the saints as part of a pay back for the saints allowing Dal Santo to become a free agent.

Anyway I wouldn't be too worried about one guys trade rankings. He's made up a list for the sake of it. But you'd think a player who is part of a deal with picks 2, 9 and 20 would be a pretty big trade.

That draft isn't what people think it was.

Look it up.

Dal Santo at 13, Kelly at 17, and not much else...

Look again.

Jason Gram, Steve Johnson, Campbell Brown, LRT, Sam Mitchell, Dane Swan, Brian Lake, Leigh Montagna, David Rodan, Gary Ablett Jr, Adam Schneider, Paul Medhurst, Brad Miller, Andrew Welsh, Jarrad Waite...

Nine of the next 15 selections taken after Molan played over 100 games and 6 of those played over 150.

It may not have been a stellar draft, but Molan was a diabolical selection, as Cameron has since noted.

Don't miss the rookie draft, either.

Carrazzo, Jamar, Brett Thornton, Quinten Lynch, Marty Mattner, Matthew Boyd, Nathan Bock, Ben Rutten, Aaron Sandilands...

Look again.

Jason Gram, Steve Johnson, Campbell Brown, LRT, Sam Mitchell, Dane Swan, Brian Lake, Leigh Montagna, David Rodan, Gary Ablett Jr, Adam Schneider, Paul Medhurst, Brad Miller, Andrew Welsh, Jarrad Waite...

Don't miss the rookie draft, either.

Carrazzo, Jamar, Brett Thornton, Quinten Lynch, Marty Mattner, Matthew Boyd, Nathan Bock, Ben Rutten, Aaron Sandilands...

That draft is eulogized as a Superdraft because of the first three players selected. We screwed up our pick but I don't see that draft as being better than any other. Ablett was a FS obviously and Swan was pick 55.

The pointy end of that draft is remembered differently to the facts. That was my point.

Hvroat (inside mid) and Towers (Mature Age inside mid) - we would have taken either of these two. Both have played some good games for WB and Syd respectively. But I am happy with Dawes

Towers hasn't played yet. Hvroat showed a bit. I hope we're right about Dawes.

Rubbish. The guy was a dud.

don't be sidetracked B-H. it wasn't Luke Molan's fault for being drafted.

It's a Real reflection of the decisions & mis-management of our club at that time. Those decisions led us directly to our woes since 2007. these are the products of the footy dept of that time, & a real pointer of those Mfc Boards.

Now that the trade period is over and done with, it would be good to hear what draft rumours are floating about. Which players are clubs looking at and who is likely to be selected where... So far from reading bits and pieces online on these forums and nothing more (i.e. no inside word), I've table what the top 9 might look like with a few extra considerations at that pick.

GWS 1. Tom Boyd (locked)

GWS 2. James Kelly (Scharenburg)

St K 3. Billings (Kelly/Aish)

WB 4. Scharenburg (Aish/Billings)

GC 5. Kolodjashnij (Billings/Aish)

Coll 6. Bontempelli (Freeman)

Bris 7. ??? (haven't hear anything for the Lions but surely if Aish is still available he would go here, perhaps Lennon???)

North 8. McDonald (Locked f/s)

Melb 9. Freeman (Lennon, Salem)

Acres, Sheed and Salem appear to be next cab off the ranks.

That draft is eulogized as a Superdraft because of the first three players selected. We screwed up our pick but I don't see that draft as being better than any other. Ablett was a FS obviously and Swan was pick 55.

The pointy end of that draft is remembered differently to the facts. That was my point.

I don't agree, though.

The first 3 are some of the best, so they are rightly the first examples chosen.

But there are numerous brownlow medallists: Bartel, Ablett, Swan, Judd.

Numerous Norm Smith medallists: Johnson, Ablett, Judd, Lake(Harris), Hodge(almost Bartel, LRT & Gram)... Excuse my poor NS memory, some are guaranteed to be incorrect.

A hell of a lot of All Australians. Club captains.

Compare it to drafts either side, and you'll see the difference in talent at the pointy end, and deep.

In fact, the high end talent was there, it just wasn't identified as being worthy of early picks at the time.

• Like 1