Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Time to go Mark Neeld

Grand New Flag

I was for getting rid of Bailey............the team was unaccountable, and only ran one way under him............but not all of it was broken.

How have we gone from this to what was dished up on Sunday?

http://youtu.be/07pwfLAzttQ

Surely we could have a gameplan that tightened up our defensive work, while still maintaining an attacking mindset, similar to the way Geelong play.

The Collingwood rip off Neeld is trying get our team to play is outdated, and does not suit the players we have.

He better change his approach, or a change of coach is inevitable this year.

That is a very good summation Real Demon.

• Like 2

Good call Macca.

Anyone could have listed those basic fundamentals not adhered to, Hardnut, but even writing them all down had the effect of making the picture all the more clearer. We are so far behind other clubs it's frightening. How about 2nd and 3rd efforts - there's another one.

My summation re Neeld is a right now observation, based on the last 23 games that we've played. The 3 wins against the under age teams don't count so he is currently 1/19. As you well know, I only comment about a coach on what I see on the field.

He's most probably not going to get sacked in the very near future so it's up to Mark to prove what he is worth. It's up to him. The players have to take a lot of the responsibility as well. Sunday was shocking and unforgivable - all round.

I can't rule out that he could be a decent coach. That's not having a bit each way, it's more that he has a number of games to coach a lot better and that might happen. I hope for all our sakes he does get a lot better. We just want the team to win. Sometimes pressure brings out the best in people. We've all seen that happen.

It's doubtful that the club would make a move on Neeld unless we're 1/9 or worse. That's just a guess though. Who knows what they're thinking? When I say he is a poor coach, he is - so far. He's got a lot to prove.

It starts next Saturday night.

• Like 3

I'm in the same boat as Curry&Beer on this one, Django. I changed my sig a month or so ago, still with a degree of faith that Neeld could turn things around but less confident after what I saw during the pre-season. A lot less.

Then ... at about the 22 minute mark of the third quarter on Saturday the bubble burst and I woke up. This bloke can't coach, has brought crap players into the club and the ones still there clearly don't play for him. He's just out of his depth. It's as simple as that.

I so wanted to believe. What a shame. He'll be gone by round 7.

I'll take a fat hundred on that, if you're game?

Three coaches have had the same problem in getting anything out of this playing list, in its various iterations over the last decade -- do you think it could perhaps just be possible that there is a problem with the players more so than the coaches?

Sorry Monoccular, but NO - it is a coaching issue - we have had good drafts, and good players that have been destroyed or stolen!

In reality I hope Neeld has it. I fervently wish he is a coach and a damn good one. Just nothing signals this so far. We seem like a boat cut adrift, bobbing about at the mercy of the waves.

All will be revealed Im sure in the coming month. ie either he has the moxy or he has zilch. I again hope its the former. I want the club to be successful. Who the players are and coaches it matters not, not really.

It just worries me some. If you were tring to lose a game you couldnt have done much better. No doubt that isnt the case.

This club reminds me of Mark Webbers ability to get off the grid swiftly everytime. . He ought to be able to...just cant

• Like 4

Whatever happens from here, on the evidence of what we watched on Sunday, at this present time Neeld is not up to coaching AFL.

The bleedingly obvious lack of any effective defensive structures meant we were always going to get hammered. By whoever we played. Effectively no defensive pressure, anywhere on the ground.

Neeld may be learning. But as of right now he aint got it. OOC end of 2013, will take a miracle for him to last. Any more pathetic efforts like Sunday will go close to destroying our club. Sadly, it's hard not to see another one coming Saturday night. Terribly, terribly disappointing (and heartbreaking).

I was for getting rid of Bailey............the team was unaccountable, and only ran one way under him............but not all of it was broken.

How have we gone from this to what was dished up on Sunday?

http://youtu.be/07pwfLAzttQ

Surely we could have a gameplan that tightened up our defensive work, while still maintaining an attacking mindset, similar to the way Geelong play.

The Collingwood rip off Neeld is trying get our team to play is outdated, and does not suit the players we have.

He better change his approach, or a change of coach is inevitable this year.

Cant believe what this P#@#K has done to our list & club!

Dont forget we beat the Swans by 70 points!

Drew & lost by a point ( should have won both) to the filth in 2010 who were premiers!

Someone should play this to him & say WTF!

I agree with you ....Bailey was not the answer & our game plan needed twigging to make our players more accountable!

We even at same stages were ranked highest in tackles with Bailey!

Our tackle count under Neeld would be miles off!

Neeld please leave!

Edited by dees64

And, whilst we're at it, let's trade Nicholson for Buddy Franklin, Daisy Thomas, Ollie Wines and Dean Cox.

Cox might push the value up a little too high

I'm in the same boat as Curry&Beer on this one, Django. I changed my sig a month or so ago, still with a degree of faith that Neeld could turn things around but less confident after what I saw during the pre-season. A lot less.

Then ... at about the 22 minute mark of the third quarter on Saturday the bubble burst and I woke up. This bloke can't coach, has brought crap players into the club and the ones still there clearly don't play for him. He's just out of his depth. It's as simple as that.

I so wanted to believe. What a shame. He'll be gone by round 7.

Rpfc circa 2011 - I believe in Tom - FAIL

Range Rover circa 2012 - I believe in Neeld - FAIL

Moral - dont make 'I believe' sigs!

• Like 1

Maxwell said Neeld is a good coach,and has what it takes, he blames the players.

My question is :

Does Mark Neeld have the footy smarts necessary to win a game by coaching moves or at least minimize floggings?

Is he all about process, preparation and drilling?

We need all that but still on match day, need the wily dog who wont get outsmarted by AFL101. That is the icing on the cake but completely necessary in todays AFL.

My fear is Neeldy makes a great assistant but may lack the smarts/experience/maturity to steer the course when the ship starts taking on water.

Please prove me wrong.

Lesser 'elite process' guys like Hinkley are highly rated on their footy smarts but not so much on their powerpoint presentations

and 'coming from a good culture' bloodline, Ultimately, you have to got have had your hands dirty winning the ultimate to know what real footy smarts are and when things are at stake.

FFS even terry wallace could flood a game. F'ck process and "winning will take care of itself" attitude and play old school 1/1 - tackle at all costs.

How could Neeld have thought we were travelling well during the pre-season? Can someone answer me that? I saw nothing to get excited about whatsoever save for a couple of Hulk Hogan marks and goals. That was it. We got beaten by every side we played, exposed in the midfield and led a merry dance for periods of quarters in defence.

Neeld is delusional and now just another not-to-be-believed spin-king. I have no faith in him.

i thought the exact same thing. we werent any good in those games. i just couldnt work out what neeld was so content about.

Rpfc circa 2011 - I believe in Tom - FAIL

Range Rover circa 2012 - I believe in Neeld - FAIL

Moral - dont make 'I believe' sigs!

"I believe we're stuffed"?

Yet collingwood seem to rate Scott Watters and Mark Neeld, did we make a massive mistake?

Both have underwhelmed. Did Collingwood overrate them?

• Like 1

Three coaches have had the same problem in getting anything out of this playing list, in its various iterations over the last decade -- do you think it could perhaps just be possible that there is a problem with the players more so than the coaches?

no because FCS that makes absolutely no sense, they are almost an entirely different group of players than they were three coaches ago

• Like 2

How could Neeld have thought we were travelling well during the pre-season? Can someone answer me that? I saw nothing to get excited about whatsoever save for a couple of Hulk Hogan marks and goals. That was it. We got beaten by every side we played, exposed in the midfield and led a merry dance for periods of quarters in defence.

Neeld is delusional and now just another not-to-be-believed spin-king. I have no faith in him.

I thought that quote was ridiculous as well - did he watch a different pre season to us? He must have because the one I saw was quite putrid and I certainly didn't think we were going OK watching it.

• Like 1

Poppovic Coach of WSW was asked what were the criteria he was looking in players

• Hunger
  • Play for each other
  • Play for the supporters

This club was formed less than 12mths ago & took in recycled players & were able to create a great culture which has resulted in winnining the premiers plate & unbeaten in 10games!

When you watch them play every player is pressing up & pushing the opposition back in their defensive half...no space which results in turnovers

Different sport though principles are the same...if anything AFL has taken a lot from world football

• Like 2

We need to support our club not trash it by demanding the sacking of coach after coach. What does this achieve?

• Like 1