Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Boozy Dees Ejected from G on Boxing Day

Tony Tea

At least that short circuits any accusations Melbourne players were causing trouble at the cricket. Even Blind Freddy could see it was Carlton and Geelong players causing trouble at the cricket.

Its was alll started by a Richmond player (Ricky Petterd) and our innocent players and Geelong's Rivers got sucked in! One wonders whether Frawley is trying to exit himself from the leadership group though?

Don't be angry? Im sorry, when was the last time we won a flag?

Huh?? Please, don't be so damn judgmental. Rivers & Frawley are two of the quieter, better performed players in the league and you want to condemn them for having a few too many?

Move on

What were they thinking sitting in that area. Of course they would be tragets. I have no sympathy for them. I not surprised to see dunn there and chip isnt exactly the smartest person going around but im surprised Howe got caught up in it. Couldnt his cousin get him better seats. Im sure Matty wade is proud of his cousin for getting kicked out.

In todays world of social media you cant get away with anything. Its just disappointing after the darwin camp where Im sure neeldy would have drummed a few things into them and he would be furious. I think he is overseas in the states.Well he was the other day. I thnk they will get a talking to.Anyway luckily we arent a big a club as collingwood otherwise this would drag on for days.

But it would had been nice to read in the off season about us training well not getting kicked out boxing day.

• Like 2

I was there sitting just a few rows behind them...Frawley, Howe, Petterd, Rivers, Dunn

1) For the most part of the day they were good value.

2) They drank A LOT

3) By late afternoon they were [censored]

4) I approached Frawley to have a chat and a photo while waiting for some food and he was a complete dick about it.

5) I left with an hour to go and they hadn't been kicked out

Huh?? Please, don't be so damn judgmental. Rivers & Frawley are two of the quieter, better performed players in the league and you want to condemn them for having a few too many?

Move on

Rivers was part of the World Tour with McLean and Carroll where they were once arrested and another time thrown out of a pub or something similar; seems to be the common denominator.

Edit: wrong player

Edited by RobbieF

It might be harmless fun and they are just letting a bit of steam off, blah, blah... but whichever way you look at it, it's bad publicity and could have potentially ended up worse. Could they have found a more public place to get very [censored] and look like idiots, then get evicted? Aren't these guys lectured to by the club over and over that they need to behave when out in public and not put themselves in compromising situations?

• Like 2

I read the article on News.com.au It seems to me that the spirit amongst our playing group last year and this year is and will be strong.

If past players still mix and are part of the club spirit I see that as a strong sign that things are very good amongst the players at demonland !

Besides its Holidays for the next week or so, not a problem here

Merry Xmas and New Year to all !

• Like 2

4) I approached Frawley to have a chat and a photo while waiting for some food and he was a complete dick about it.

Regardless of what anyone thinks about innocent fun, being on a break, etc. You'd have to think Frawls has handed in his resignation from the leadership group by being part of it?

• Like 2

I read the article on News.com.au It seems to me that the spirit amongst our playing group last year and this year is and will be strong.

If past players still mix and are part of the club spirit I see that as a strong sign that things are very good amongst the players at demonland !

Besides its Holidays for the next week or so, not a problem here

Merry Xmas and New Year to all !

Spirits are very good indeed! No elements of a drinking culture at Melbourne.

Oh no "Melbourne Players Tanked at the MCG" could end up in another series by CW or AFL investigation.

Fortunately for us, a Richmond player was involved so Caro will make light of the entire episode.

Seriously though, the MFC players can expect to be disciplined even though we are talking about a relatively low level incident based on the accounts I've heard.

• Like 2

Of all the gin joints in the world........................

incredibly flawed judgement. where could you possibly get more exposure?

Agreed. Knucklehead thinking at best.

I was watching the post tea events on the binoculars and was wondering who the idiots were.

The good part is that the senior knucklehead Rivers is now at another Club, And Petterd showed what a grand addiction he will be the Richmond culture.

• Like 3

I was there sitting just a few rows behind them...Frawley, Howe, Petterd, Rivers, Dunn

1) For the most part of the day they were good value.

2) They drank A LOT

3) By late afternoon they were [censored]

5) I left with an hour to go and they hadn't been kicked out

Why the hell would you ask for a photo....There are plenty of times for that sort of thing when they are at the club.....They went to the cricket to have some time off with their mates and yes have a few beers like anyone of us.......They are young men...not robots.....Why shouldn't they go to which ever part of the ground they want to.....It's people like you who want autographs and photos and encroach on their time off that start these sort of things.......Why not just leave them alone......

• Like 4

I don't know what's more embarrassing. Sitting in Bay 13 or getting that full on midstrength that you carry on and get kicked out.

Bay 13 is OK for a 2.5 Hr game of footy, but, you have to keep things tidy.

Cricket in the hot Sun, hmmnn, maybe not so clever at home @ the 'G'.

Learning the ropes..

Big boys behaving normally perhaps (?), but AFL footballers behaving like silly fools. They'll probably have sore heads this morning, but I expect they'll regret their foolishness more than their headaches.

I hope for their sakes that they are still completing their 2 week break Misson mandated training. Pretty sure yesterday wasn't part of it.

I am in two minds about this . They are stupid for putting themselves in that situation but they are still young blokes. I bet none of you have that kind of scrutiny from your workplace when you are on holiday??

There certainly weren't any rocket scientists amongst them.

Some posters are saying 'oh its good they have comraderie" but I don't buy that. That kind of comraderie got us 186. Chip is a leader at the club. You think he would have tried to keep a lid on things. Hmmmm.

• Like 2