Sign in to follow this  
Whispering_Jack

Training - Monday 17th December, 2012 @ Casey Fields (afternoon)

I wouldn't be too worried, the 'loads' on players are managed so minutley these days that a player will be in 'the rehab group' who isn't injured but just won't be haivng a full Denzel.

*Denzel is short for Training Day.

I would love to know the answer from the Club. He came to the club with a major back problem which is why we got him at pick 14 when he was touted as a top 4 pick. Club said they could see something wrong with his running that they thought they could fix and which would fix his back. He spent most of his first year learning a new way of running. Maybe he can't run as much as everyone else and has to do other fitness work, like the bike. He went on the big Kakadu treck, so can't be too bad. Probably just has to be permanently managed. As long as he has the necessary fitness I guess it shouldn't be a problem but would love to hear from the Club.

Your 14 year old son sounds smarter than most of us Demonlanders combined.

Smarter than his old man that's for sure. Although not smart enough to follow Sydney where he was born and has grown up instead of following in his old man's footsteps and following our mob.

Most times you can tell when you are being spun a line. Or you get the usual 'we are taking one week at a time'. Mark Neeld came across as sincere,

He added they (the players) have a way to go, but they realise they cant load them up with too much work load, or they will be dropping like flies, and or getting injured. he wasnt playing it down (optimisic) I got an honest answer on where we are at. Its going to take time. I was hoping he would say they are where he wants them. But he didnt, he told it as it was. He spoke to me like we knew each other well. No putdowns or an abrupt tone.

What I like about Neeld, Craig and Misson is that they seem to have a very clear understanding of where the playing group have to be fitness, skills and playing wise, to be at the required level. There seems to be a very clear process in place and they seem to have a strong base of knowledge of how long it takes to get there. So no need to say anything other than what the process is and where they are at the moment.

Does anyone know why Grimes is in the rehab group again??

When I was in Melbourne I spoke with Jack Grimes. He told me he was not injured in any way. He has been put in the rehab group because he is on a modified running programme to get some more ks and strength into his legs and core strength. He also mentioned he is on a modified programme in the gym. He was conducting sprint sessions when I was there and is very quick and extremely fit. He is fine and raring to go.

FNQ Demon

• Like 9