Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

I've played at TBO 6-7 times and it is never easy. It's a Scully of a ground and I hated playing there. Especially as tall. Windy, narrow and the surface is usually less than awe inspiring. Cook, Davis, Spencer etc are lucky that they only play there once a year. Imagine having an affiliation with Sandy..... oh.

Great insight on the ground, interesting. Thanks

Ricky was playing limited game time. They are obviously managing his return. That said he wasn't a stand out as he should be.

I watched the first half and Ricky P was a class above everyone else when he got the ball.

Martin was influential as well.

Bennell did nothing, even in the twos.

Gysberts was good without dominating.

Strauss worked hard.

The other person I was impressed with was Luke Tynan's work rate and effort. Maybe a rookie position at the end of the year - just worried he's a bit small for the AFL. Struss looking good.

Pettard I thought was quite good in the first half (not the best attitude at times but good none the less). Martin looked like he was having lots of 'fun'. The way he was tapping, some of the things he was doing, he was really enjoying his football. Hopefully this will transfer into his training and some improvement.

The other person I was impressed with was Luke Tynan's work rate and effort. Maybe a rookie position at the end of the year - just worried he's a bit small for the AFL. Struss looking good.

Pettard I thought was quite good in the first half (not the best attitude at times but good none the less). Martin looked like he was having lots of 'fun'. The way he was tapping, some of the things he was doing, he was really enjoying his football. Hopefully this will transfer into his training and some improvement.

Maybe one of the things RP has to work on is being a little more aggressive and accepting no s..t from anyone. Thought I may have seen a bit of this stronger attitude with Gys as well. Personally I like the change.

Caught the last 3 qs on tv and there was much to like.

Most of it indicated in the thread by others.

Perhaps the conditions meant I did not see some of the run and delivery into the forwards that I have seen from Casey previously perhaps KC or other consistent poster could comment.

Couch didnt seem as dominant as previous posts have indicated but did like his calmness with the last shot.

There was another player who looked good NO 26 not sure who that was today but did some very usefulk work within and on fringes of packs,

Our domination of ball into the forward line was great but Sandys defence seemed to always be deeper and have an extra player/ Our delivery was haphazard and to contests or over the back to unmanned Sandy player rather than being directed to a player on their own or leading into space?

BUT will take the win

and hope for same today

I agree with "Binman" that Tim Smith looks promising.

Is it true he's only 18? A mate told me that but I doubt it. If he is young, we should do what the Eagles do, and keep him under wraps. Or perhaps make up some derogatory rumor about his behavior as they did with Darling to put others off the scent at draft time, then snap him up ourselves. He looked stronger and better than Cook at this stage.

Is it true he's only 18? A mate told me that but I doubt it. If he is young, we should do what the Eagles do, and keep him under wraps. Or perhaps make up some derogatory rumor about his behavior as they did with Darling to put others off the scent at draft time, then snap him up ourselves. He looked stronger and better than Cook at this stage.

According to the Casey website he is 21 (born 1991)

I think that was the bloke I thought was good no 26 or could have been 23 if so agree wholheartedley and will watch with interest

May check out ABC I view thnks Angry dee

FORWARD line development coach Paul Satterley runs through the Melbourne-listed players who played for Casey against Sandringham Zebras at Trevor Barker Beach Oval on Saturday

Jamie Bennell: Jamie played half-back and showed glimpses of the form that previously won him AFL selection (14 disposals and a goal). He backed his speed and skills to generate some run for Casey. Jamie should take plenty of confidence out of this effort and now build some consistency in coming weeks.

Lucas Cook: Lucas worked hard as a key forward. His leading and movement has improved significantly with his increased fitness. Unlike previous weeks, he did not finish off his work in front of goal, kicking three behinds.

Tom Couch: Tom was heavily tagged again. He was made to earn every possession. Although kept quiet for most of the game, he stuck to the task and kicked the winning goal when someone had to stand up.

Troy Davis: Troy played on a very capable and experienced forward in Beau Wilkes, who proved difficult to negate. Troy made some important spoils and continues to improve his disposal efficiency, particularly by foot.

Jordan Gysberts: In ideal conditions for Jordan, he led the side in hard ball gets (13) and kicked two very good goals. The pleasing aspect was that he worked much better defensively which complimented his game.

Stef Martin: Playing as a key forward and second ruck, Stef was very physical and hit the packs hard, giving a strong contest in the air and at ground level. Stef's form in recent weeks will help boost his chances for senior selection.

Ricky Petterd: Returning from injury, Ricky was very efficient with the ball and kicked two classy goals. His attack on the ball was a great example to his teammates. More importantly, he pulled up really well and now just has to get his consistency in games and build his match fitness.

Jai Sheahan: Jai was given time up forward for the first time at VFL level and competed well in the air when needed. A much improved effort on the previous game.

Jake Spencer: Jake won 29 hit outs and used the ball well when he had it. His next step is to impose himself more around the ground as he is very capable in the air.

James Strauss: James improved with each quarter. He reads the game really well and his use of the ball by foot is a real strength. His running is no longer hampered by his previous injury and we can see his confidence growing week by week.

Josh Tynan: It is very clear that Josh relishes the contested ball both in the air and at ground level. He is another player who is improving form and fitness and just needs to keep doing the basics well.

Leigh Williams: His return to senior footy is a positive in itself. He works hard, is a very honest player who gives a contest whenever the ball is in his vicinity. Difficult conditions for the forwards, he will be better for the run.

VFL development league

Jack Fitzpatrick: We were pleased to have Jack playing. He was very team orientated, kicked a couple of goals and pulled up really well.

Kelvin Lawrence: Kelvin kicked a goal, chased and worked hard defensively

I think that was the bloke I thought was good no 26 or could have been 23 if so agree wholheartedley and will watch with interest

May check out ABC I view thnks Angry dee

26 is ricky plummer, 23 is tom corry who played in the DL, word is ricky broke his wrist in the game against sandy, very

disappointing as he's had bad luck stringing games together this season

thought martins attack on the ball and marking were very good today. its a pity his kicking and decision making at times is terrible, because he has the potential to be a very dangerous player.

Its a small ground and Martin does better in the wide open spaces of the G where his athleticism shines.

He is a big unit and goes in harder and harder in my observation.

• Like 1