Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Demons Raid angers Magpies

Demon Forever

He has no point whatsoever.

Eddie's a great business man, smart, but arrogant as hell, and a patronising [censored] at times. Must be hard working your arse off to get Melbourne up and going again, only to have this guy speak about your club like as if it's nothing.

The guy is butthurt and frustrated.

It's fair game. This always happens: someone goes out of contract, and he/she is offered a job elsewhere. Just so happens we have someone close to Collingwood staff.

He's a butthurt moron sometimes. Love listening to him in the mornings, but Jesus Christ he can be an [censored].

I've never lisyened to him since he deliberately dumped the Tigers in it on the footy show, costing them the TAC sponsor years back. Scum.

why isn't eddie being censured by the afl for suggesting he has them in his pocket, making false accusations, threatening clubs and generally bringing the game into disrepute

different strokes for different folks? c'mon vlad let's see if you have any cahones

That's what I want to know about all of this too daisy. Who the [censored] does this guy think he is. The trouble is that I am not so sure that he is just blowing his own trumpet. Vlad is pretty much as big a [censored] as Eddie, and I am not so sure that Eddie doesn't have the pull he thinks he has. Why else would they always get such favourable treatment. I want to see us keep being tough and not backing down, but I am realisitc enough to understand that it may come back to bite us on the arse a bit.

That's what I want to know about all of this too daisy. Who the [censored] does this guy think he is. The trouble is that I am not so sure that he is just blowing his own trumpet. Vlad is pretty much as big a [censored] as Eddie, and I am not so sure that Eddie doesn't have the pull he thinks he has. Why else would they always get such favourable treatment. I want to see us keep being tough and not backing down, but I am realisitc enough to understand that it may come back to bite us on the arse a bit.

yeah

Eddie publicly says he can go to the afl and "fix" things in his favour and the afl says nothing....not even a peep......how hypocritical after all their posturing over ethics

Monday is not OUR Day. Collingwood let us have it as a home game - we don't have exclusive rights!

That is true but McGuire is not as generous as he makes out - Collingwood have a special deal with the MCC which gives them the Ponsford Stand as their social club WHENEVER they play at the 'G, home game or not. So they do alright out of the day, no mistake.

The bloke seriously is a joke: rabbiting on about how Collingwood find and train their own, fcs. What was Malthouse when he joined them if not a dual premiership coach with a non-Victorian club, and a former coach and player with two Victorian clubs neither of which had any history at the Grace Darling Hotel?

Edited by pitmaster
  • Like 1

That is true but McGuire is not as generous as he makes out - Collingwood have a special deal with the MCC which gives them the Ponsford Stand as their social club WHENEVER they play at the 'G, home game or not. So they do alright out of the day, no mistake.

The bloke seriously is a joke: rabbiting on about how Collingwood find and train their own, fcs. What was Malthouse when he joined them if not a dual premiership coach with a non-Victorian club, and a former coach and player with two Victorian clubs neither of which had any history at the Grace Darling Hotel?

Yes I had Forgotten the Ponsford stand Deal....We still Have to get stronger though...No point punching out yet....Keep Training & keep recruiting those we need.

We must do this right.

Yep we got neeld and the physio who were last employed by the pies. But we also got Rawlings and Mission from other clubs who have not threatened us. We lost wellman just after a he signed a new contract...It happens.

Let hope McChins isn't talking about Brown because he came from the Roos and Freo before he got to the Pies and hes a coach now with us not a player...And we all know the story of Malthouse and how they grew him.

He might have also missed our additions of Nichols, Greaves and Slatters, coaches not in the AFL system that we are growing and developing.

I recon this is about publicity more than anything else and growing the us and them mentality that makes them strong...I just hope our club isn't deterred by this and keeps seeking to get the best people they can no matter where they are from!

Yep here it is. 2010 they got 10.2 and we got 8.9 INCLUDING 1million [censored] charity fund.

http://www.afl.com.au/portals/0/afl_docs/afl_hq/annual_reports/2010/AR2010_09_FinanceAdminCorporate.pdf

So shut the [censored] up eddie

That's interesting Benno. I can't remember the article from last year but will have a look where the afl are injecting alot of money to us over the next 5 years with the amount increasing each year. From memory it is in the top tier and we end up with a truckload compared to some of the more independent sides.

Somebody remember this? Please correct me if I'm wrong as I faintly recall it.

Eddie is just grandstanding to keep his own supporters happy, using insulting stereotypes that basic Collingwood supporters would love to hear.

Probably the sort of thing most club supporters would like to hear from their president.

An aggressive response to a perceived attack.

In reality, it is meaningless hubris.

Even he knows it.

Edited by Arsene Wenger

Cant believe how much the filth got off the AFL . The bulldogs and them top the list .How long can we support the mentally defective and criminally insane that flock to this nefarious establishment . The AFL should direct it's funds away from criminal elements like them .

Monday is not OUR Day. Collingwood let us have it as a home game - we don't have exclusive rights!

WRONG - While some fall for Eddie's clap trap - he does not do the fixture (in spite of his rants to the contrary).

Collingwood have an agreement with the MCC (endorsed by Vlad) to play 15+ games at the G. They cant all be home games.

Each year we make certain requests for the fixture. One is that we have a home game v Collingwood on QB.

The AFL have gone with it to date. The only thing Eddie Mc Bullyboy can do is request against this in 2013 - he cant demand it.

We don't have exclusive rights to this day and neither to they.

• Like 1

WRONG - While some fall for Eddie's clap trap - he does not do the fixture (in spite of his rants to the contrary).

Collingwood have an agreement with the MCC (endorsed by Vlad) to play 15+ games at the G. They cant all be home games.

Each year we make certain requests for the fixture. One is that we have a home game v Collingwood on QB.

The AFL have gone with it to date. The only thing Eddie Mc Bullyboy can do is request against this in 2013 - he cant demand it.

We don't have exclusive rights to this day and neither to they.

Refreshing to see someone actually understands what its all about and its bambozzled by Fast Eddies revisionist commentaries.

Melb and Collingwood have played the QB Monday for more years than I can remember , and then some. There have been breaks in this but its nothing new. Anyone would think, if you believed McGuire that its totally the Magpies magnamity that has this game happen. Nice try Ed

Yep we got neeld and the physio who were last employed by the pies. But we also got Rawlings and Mission from other clubs who have not threatened us. We lost wellman just after a he signed a new contract...It happens.

Let hope McChins isn't talking about Brown because he came from the Roos and Freo before he got to the Pies and hes a coach now with us not a player...And we all know the story of Malthouse and how they grew him.

He might have also missed our additions of Nichols, Greaves and Slatters, coaches not in the AFL system that we are growing and developing.

I recon this is about publicity more than anything else and growing the us and them mentality that makes them strong...I just hope our club isn't deterred by this and keeps seeking to get the best people they can no matter where they are from!

Eddie won't be bothered by these niceties..

He is Joffa in a suit.

He has no point whatsoever.

Eddie's a great business man, smart, but arrogant as hell, and a patronising [censored] at times. Must be hard working your arse off to get Melbourne up and going again, only to have this guy speak about your club like as if it's nothing.

The guy is butthurt and frustrated.

It's fair game. This always happens: someone goes out of contract, and he/she is offered a job elsewhere. Just so happens we have someone close to Collingwood staff.

He's a butthurt moron sometimes. Love listening to him in the mornings, but Jesus Christ he can be an [censored].[/color

A great business man. not quite sure that is true anymore. GTV 9 are still trying to recover from his sackings, particulary the news dept. I'm still trying to recover from lkg at Tracy Curo's cleavage. Sorry but it's like Lkg at your grandma's cleavage. Mc Chins thought that GTV 9 needed to go down the King St style of ratings. A BIG flop as a corporate CEO and left without the publicity it deserved.

Instead of being sacked he was given a few shows to produce. They are on the flop. Even the footy show is going down hill. I have to say McChins has the class of a filth supporter. His radio slot is dying/dead, his shows will go soon and he behaves like spoilt privileged child, but he had canned tomato soup as a treat growing.

The filth are the easiest club to run. The Man Utd, Barcelona, etc! He did not create their success! It's built on a group of ppl who consider a win as good as a holiday to Dromana at Xmas. Their yearly holiday.

Spoken like a true toffee.

• Like 2

A great business man. not quite sure that is true anymore. GTV 9 are still trying to recover from his sackings, particulary the news dept. I'm still trying to recover from lkg at Tracy Curo's cleavage. Sorry but it's like Lkg at your grandma's cleavage. Mc Chins thought that GTV 9 needed to go down the King St style of ratings. A BIG flop as a corporate CEO and left without the publicity it deserved.

Instead of being sacked he was given a few shows to produce. They are on the flop. Even the footy show is going down hill. I have to say McChins has the class of a filth supporter. His radio slot is dying/dead, his shows will go soon and he behaves like spoilt privileged child, but he had canned tomato soup as a treat growing.

The filth are the easiest club to run. The Man Utd, Barcelona, etc! He did not create their success! It's built on a group of ppl who consider a win as good as a holiday to Dromana at Xmas. Their yearly holiday.

Spoken like a true toffee.

I disagree. He's been an excellent President. Collingwood was almost as factionalised as Melbourne before he galvanised the club. What's more, he's still got unity more than a decade on. If you look at the demographic of their supporters that's no easy thing. He had the vision to leave Vic Park and create the Lexus centre. Before he took over Collingwood were almost broke and were selling houses in the vicinity of their ground. Basically, he's a doer. I'm not much interested in his media career and I'm not rapt in his politics, but I certainly admire his Presidency. He gets my grudging respect.

• Like 1

I disagree. He's been an excellent President. Collingwood was almost as factionalised as Melbourne before he galvanised the club. What's more, he's still got unity more than a decade on. If you look at the demographic of their supporters that's no easy thing. He had the vision to leave Vic Park and create the Lexus centre. Before he took over Collingwood were almost broke and were selling houses in the vicinity of their ground. Basically, he's a doer. I'm not much interested in his media career and I'm not rapt in his politics, but I certainly admire his Presidency. He gets my grudging respect.

Absolutely from a football sense he has been brilliant at Collingwood. They were well and truly on the skids before he joimed.

It took CEO's to harness the the filth brand. The Board have continuously agreed to bad investments in pubs, CEO too. They still struggle to get it completely right. The hawks have got it right and they have much less scope.

Collingwood is the biggest brand in the AFL and McGuire deserves alot of credit for that. Who is responsible for the appointment of the CEO's.......McGuire. Rather than selectively bleat on negative do the full comparison on what Collingwood was and what it is now. And given they have made some bad investments why are they able to absorb such losses without damage to the business strength of the Club and the brand.

The Hawks have been given the biggest free ride sponsorship with the Tasmanian Government. Taxpayers dollars straight to the bottom line. And they dont have much less scope at Hawthorn. That brilliant run of success from 1971 to 1991 gave them a whole generation of suppporters. But they have done a couple of really smart things over the years.

Absolutely from a football sense he has been brilliant at Collingwood. They were well and truly on the skids before he joimed.

Collingwood is the biggest brand in the AFL and McGuire deserves alot of credit for that. Who is responsible for the appointment of the CEO's.......McGuire. Rather than selectively bleat on negative do the full comparison on what Collingwood was and what it is now. And given they have made some bad investments why are they able to absorb such losses without damage to the business strength of the Club and the brand.

The Hawks have been given the biggest free ride sponsorship with the Tasmanian Government. Taxpayers dollars straight to the bottom line. And they dont have much less scope at Hawthorn. That brilliant run of success from 1971 to 1991 gave them a whole generation of suppporters. But they have done a couple of really smart things over the years.

Ian Dicker was fantastic for Hawthorn, a quiet unassuming but very astute business man who let his actions do the talking, Frank Costa at Geelong has been similar (with a slightly higher profile). I hope Don Mclardy can provide us with the same leadership going forward and build on the great foundation work done by Jim Stynes.

A good president doesn't have to be a loud mouth like Ed or Jeff.

What happened?

Both the Pies and Tiges had players with traffic issues for the past year or so, & both had TAC sponsorship. It was becoming untidy for the TAC re the tardy driving of some young players from both clubs and then the next season another Tige as I remember did something & E'd raised the Issue on the footy show highlighting the Tiges players road problem.

I was uneasy with E'd at the time of the show & I thought It put the tiges in a bad light re the sponsorship.

Shortly after the TAC did not renew with the Tiges, but the Pies even with their players road issues, held they're sponsorship. I thought E'd was 'cheap' & IMO, in a subtle, way dumped the Tiges in the Poo.

I was growing tired of his relentless and thinly veiled mentions & promoting of his team & the expense of others with the corresponding lack of air time.... Kaching Kaching as the 'sound mans' cash register calling, echo's for E'd & Gazza & The Jam Man.