Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Neeld pours heat on Demons

Surfer Rosa

Phew!

Almost exhausted just reading it.

We wanted a "no nonsense coach" and it seems we have found him.

Enjoy the ride fellas - if you want to play, toe the line: if not, bye bye.

Success will kill the pain.

It will be interesting to see if all can tolerate the heat - I am getting very excited about 2012 and beyond.

Phew!

Almost exhausted just reading it.

We wanted a "no nonsense coach" and it seems we have found him.

Enjoy the ride fellas - if you want to play, toe the line: if not, bye bye.

Success will kill the pain.

It will be interesting to see if all can tolerate the heat - I am getting very excited about 2012 and beyond.

Like Wise also getting excited about 2012

I have no doubt the heat will break a few on the list over Pre-Season, for those that thrive it will be a great ride.

Going to be a very interesting 12 months.

Actually, the other side of that coin is that the heat may well see us getting improved performance out of a few of our current underachievers... the likes of Bennell, Davey, Sylvia, Petterd, Bate and Dunn may suddenly get some direction.

Everyone on equal footing. Names mean nothing. Every place in the team must be earned from here on in.

Exactly what we need and I love it.

What we were really lacking in the last few years was structure. Note that Neeld referes to 'structure'. If you look at the better teams, they have structure in defence, in attack, at stoppages, at kickouts etc. With the young talent we have, we will be a better team if each player plays a specific role and we have a structure as a team.

We're yet to see this talk transform into good football, but I think the new coaching staff will give us every opportunity to succeed.

Bring on 2012 and beyond!

Actually, the other side of that coin is that the heat may well see us getting improved performance out of a few of our current underachievers... the likes of Bennell, Davey, Sylvia, Petterd, Bate and Dunn may suddenly get some direction.

Or we know where they stand for the future in their last years of their contracts. Aside from Bennell and a pre 2011 Davey I am not sure you going to see anything different from the others. And allowing for Col being well Col.

To be honest I'm not that excited by 2012. I think any changes Neeld makes will take at least 12 months to take full effect.

You will see the signs in 2012 but it will take them 12 months to learn the Neeld game plan sufficiently.

Neeld should benefit from the growing maturity in the quality players on our list.

To be honest I'm not that excited by 2012. I think any changes Neeld makes will take at least 12 months to take full effect.

True, but I'm expecting the boys to be bigger, fitter and hungrier - their place in the side will demand it. I don't think we'll make the 8, but I highly doubt we'll get those monstrous belting's that we have suffered through these past 4 years.

Edited by Mallee Bull

Yes, it's going to take 12 months ... but I'm still excited by 2012. How can we not be, whole new FD, fitness dept, maturing players ...

Really looking forward to it.

But Neeld ... certainly talks the talk. To publicly start naming names like that ... ouch. Aaron Davey must be looking for a hole to crawl into ...

Edited by bing181
  • Like 1

True, but I'm expecting the boys to be bigger, fitter and hungrier - their place in the side will demand it. I don't think we'll make the 8, but I highly doubt we'll get those monstrous belting's that we have suffered through these past 4 years.

We nearly made the 8 this year with all of those wallopings. I have a much better feeling about next year and of securing a finals berth, rewarded through playing strong, accountable and structured footy.

Dramatic turn-arounds can take place as we witnessed this year with WCE.

Edited by Kick it LONG
  • Like 1

We nearly made the 8 this year with all of those wallopings. I have a much better feeling about next year and of securing a finals berth, rewarded through playing strong, accountable and structured footy.

Dramatic turn-arounds can take place as we witnessed this year with WCE.

We were 3 games and 15% away from the 8 this year, personally I don't think we were anywhere near making the 8, considering we struggled against GC at home, then lost to Port the following weak. Reality is, by the end of the season we had fallen in a heap.

No doubt we will improve next year, but so will the sides vying for the 8. North will improve, the tigers will. Freo will have all of their players back from injury. Essendon finished 8th and they will likely improve. The saints are aging but still have many quality players on their list.

I'm optimistic about next year, but I think we'll end up just short.

sounds to me like Neeld will make or break Sylvia....

or make or break a whole team :)

It's one thing to support a coach when he says "we will have them physically fit and physically strong enough to play league footy", and he indicates he will be a very structured coach and expects his players to be the same.   It looks like he has started with a clean slate 'no favourites' approach and that all sounds fine. 

I'm not surprised he queried our fitness levels. We seemed to stuggle at certain times this year (against Hawthorn after 1/2 time and against Collingwood in the last quarter). 

The crunch will come when certain crowd favourites fail to meet the new fitness levels, or don't adhere to the team structures.  Will we still be happy if a player of lesser ability such as Bartram gets picked each week ahead of Tapscott or Jurrah?  

The article hints that Watts is sitting down with Dave Misson and learning about the game.  I'm not sure it says the same good things about Davey and Sylvia. 

I have a feeling certain 'name' players will be out of the club by end of 2012 unless they can change their ways.

It's one thing to support a coach when he says "we will have them physically fit and physically strong enough to play league footy", and he indicates he will be a very structured coach and expects his players to be the same. It looks like he has started with a clean slate 'no favourites' approach and that all sounds fine.

I'm not surprised he queried our fitness levels. We seemed to stuggle at certain times this year (against Hawthorn before 1/2 time and against Collingwood in the last quarter).

The crunch will come when certain crowd favourites fail to meet the new fitness levels, or don't adhere to the team structures. Will we still be happy if a player of lesser ability such as Bartram gets picked each week ahead of Tapscott or Jurrah?

The article hints that Watts is sitting down with Dave Misson and learning about the game. I'm not sure it says the same good things about Davey and Sylvia.

I have a feeling certain 'name' players will be out of the club by end of 2012 unless they can change their ways.

i want the best players picked to do the job. Names mean nothing now. Our list is yet to achieve. I like this approach.

Yes, it's going to take 12 months ... but I'm still excited by 2012. How can we not be, whole new FD, fitness dept, maturing players ...

Really looking forward to it.

^This. As for naming names. I like it. The senior guys should be mature enough to take it on the chin. It's about being accountable and putting players on notice. Especially the ones who get paid good coin and have had better seasons than 2011.

Music to my ears (re Davey):

"He's got to get himself fit enough, make sure he's taking in all the education about those roles, and we're going to give him the chance to put his best foot forward.

"If he does, no problems, he plays, plays really well and the supporters will love him. If he's unable to do that, he simply doesn't play and the supporters at Casey will have to love him."

An outsiders view of MFC's "best"?

The comments in the press re Watts are certainly strong.

Ed.: Does this mean players have to earn their spot? Shock...Horror!

Edited by Mono

Neeld + Misson + Craig = massive credibility. None of the senior players will be able to complain or patronise or whinge or about a negative message being delivered to them by this coaching panel.

If any of these guys make a negative comment about a player's performance, it has massive weight underlying it. And the players know that.

Exciting stuff.

Sylvia could win the Brownlow in 2012 - even though I think suspending him sends completely the correct message, I also wish he could get the three votes in round 1. I think he will absolutely flourish under Neeld (as will many others). Some could struggle though.

Edited by Ron Burgundy

Demons are supposed to reside in Hell.......and now they do !! :blink:

This guy is an absolute ripper. No wonder G Lyon was so addament about getting this bloke. He simply does not give a stuff about reputations or being mates with the players, he just wants to see the MFC and its players perform at an elite standard. He pulls no punches and I bloody love it!Each time I have heard him interviewed, be it on radio or via print media, he tells it exactly as it is.

Whether he will have a game plan and so forth remains to be seen. But one thing is certain, he will drill the [censored] out of these blokes all summer so come rd 1 they are in better shape physically than ever before.

Keep it up Neeldy! Take the silver spoons from the mouths of these playboys.

Carn Dees!!!

Edited by Tingay02