Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tom Scully in September ...

Grandson of a gun

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My finger is directed more at the AFL for putting a 20 year-old in a position to chose between a contract 200% higher than his market worth, and a contract 1000% higher than his market worth.

I also put myself in his shoes - which is one reason why I trustred his word that he hadn't signed.

I wouldn't have gone. It's a bad decision that we have to make him regret.

And it starts by getting Malthouse or Lyon and getting something done in trade week.

Back about..a whole lot of posts I described two types of players for this modern era. One values the jumper and the other is new era , non specific allegiance player who dons a jumper and plays for it. But its never part of his soul. Trengove is the former, Scully the latter.. Scully's whole demeanor was always exhibiting the latter..

You wouldnt have gone. Have no doubt. You like myself I suspect, have values that reach into an older time. I dont begrudge Tom for his decision.Probably quite smart in many ways. I seriously think GWS will be dudded ( cruelled that is ).

You re right in suggesting we need a Malthouse or Lyon...or someone of that ilk.We need their values.

As I said previously this is a line in the sand time for the club

Lets not have any gloating from either side of our supporters as to who was right and who was wrong

We are Melbourne, we are all in this together

Tom Who?

Felt gutted this morning but over it now guess I prepared for it over the weekend. If you r not commited to the club then really we are better off. What doesn't kill you make you stronger

Close the thread and move on

That's true, however you can't expect there to be no cheap shots considering the original debate raged on forever.

Some will feel vindicated, and others cheated.

It will die down pretty quickly.

Good riddance. Injury prone and to be perfectly honest, in my opinion an undersized and not particularly skilful player. Turns the ball over far too much by foot.

We don't want players who are more interested in dollars than they are club loyalty.

Enjoy playing for a farce of a Club Tom.

Anyone who says they will not sign up for membership next year based on this mercenaries decision should have a think about showing some solidarity for the club. Not only has this made me want to renew as soon as possible, but I also want to take out an additional membership to try and get us over the 40K mark. This is not the club's fault this is $cully's fault. Let's hope he shows more balls next year than he has over his short career so far and fronts up against us at the 'G.

I truly suspect , if he was asked off camera and off the record that Lyon never really believed he was stil a chance. He might have hoped, buit didnt beleive. More the point he would have hoped Scully was the man he beleived he to be as opposed to the reality of who he has shown.

Garry has a hard gig. He has to get things done in the nitty gritty whilst showing the world all is well and clam. He wants to appease the membership whilst having to deal with realities.

Its all a song and dance show really. I dont htink either of Stynes or Lyon were conned. It was just teh brave face put on for the benefit of the club and its followers. Its politics as it applies to Sport.

Must admit when ever Lyon is asked about the coaching gig he seems to be really uncomfortable. I reckon he knows who we have or are very close to getting and not being able to say so is not sitting well with him.

You're still a school kid at heart aren't you BB.

Disappointed on the clubs news re: Scully leaving the club having made his decision. $6 mill for 6 years and $2 mill for first year. Ridiculous. The AFL introduced these rules, they should be able to introduce appropriate compensation. We've been shafted.

We move on to the next phase. Newly appointed coach and hopefully a ruthless approach in strengthening the list and it's resolve with a strong direction with the resources we have. Off field matters need to be addressed in full and collectively everyone needs to look ahead, not behind. That includes supporters with chips on their shoulders. Get over it. Quick.

Get behind your club for the off-season and 2012.

As I said previously this is a line in the sand time for the club

Lets not have any gloating from either side of our supporters as to who was right and who was wrong

We are Melbourne, we are all in this together

Tom Who?

Felt gutted this morning but over it now guess I prepared for it over the weekend. If you r not commited to the club then really we are better off. What doesn't kill you make you stronger

Close the thread and move on

I agree with what you are saying PSD, but this is the bit that a lot of supporters are saying, but I just can't understand it. To win a premiership, you need stars of the game. We don't really have any at the moment, we have a few potential ones, and when we should expect our window to be open, Scully would've fit that mould.

I understnad that we need players playing for the jumper, but gee, we also need quality players. I don't think Judd plays for the jumper.

Ok genius, start naming names - who are we going to target and what are we going to offer?

Hey non-genius its a quip. probably far to over your limited head to grasp.

Doesnt take a genius to understand we need to trade ..so even you might eventually cotton on.

How about we see who comes to the marketplace.

You know...if your really going to throw barbs...try sharpening your keyboard.

You finished your trolling for now ?

Yes, who was right?

I took his word. Sue me. I trusted a Demon.

He may have signed up before that press conference - I don't know.

He may have made this pathetic decision this week - I don't know.

I care about one thing in all this - the MFC.

I'm moving on - who is with me?

I am. Time to move forward. All signed up for 2012, bring it on.

Hey non-genius its a quip. probably far to over your limited head to grasp.

Doesnt take a genius to understand we need to trade ..so even you might eventually cotton on.

How about we see who comes to the marketplace.

You know...if your really going to throw barbs...try sharpening your keyboard.

You finished your trolling for now ?

Ah, an expected reply from the arrogant, keyboard hero himself.

So, in your view, we sit back and wait to see who enters the marketplace? I'll give you a bit of a hint B59, and if I have worked this out with my minimal intellect, it must be pretty obvious. Chances are, we are taking Matt Warnock, Matt Bate and perhaps Morton to the trade table. We are not taking Trengove, Watts or Frawley. Do you see the common theme here? We are getting rid of players who are no good, just like what most other Clubs do at this time of year. But, when there is a bit bigger fish being offered, we would need to have some pretty decent draft picks, which, perhaps our number 10 selection for this year might get something, but the compenation from Scully will get us frig all.

So, what's the alternative? We need to target an out-of-contract star from another team, which I'm sure you will agree with. So, if you think we have all this extra money that we saved by $cully leaving, and we can use this during trade week, what player do you want, and what are you going to offer?

Not too difficult to answer is it? Especially for such an intelligent man like yourself.

Edited by billy2803

it would be nice if the club actually made a statement about this. I guess they're wating for the press conference but members who pay their money in good faith need to hear from the administration sooner rather than later on this. Let's move on and focus on those who want to play for the red and blue for the right reasons.

I was confident he'd stay but uncomfortable with the thought that he'd be getting paid close to twice what Trenners and the like would be getting.

It must free up some money next year when we'll have a few top players coming out of contract.

All that aside, I truly hope that all Demon supporters are above 'booing' Tom when we play GWS.

If we were as professional as a club such as the Pies, both on-field and off-field, I doubt he would have left. If the truth be known, we're probably as close to a flag as GWS is.

I have been biting my tongue, but considering I was being told this was going to happen well before the rumors started (source, ok so it was 3 steps removed... make of it what you will) late last year, all I can say is "thank god" now we can get over the issue and move on.

p.s: "degenerative knee" hmmmmmmmmm

Good riddance. Injury prone and to be perfectly honest, in my opinion an undersized and not particularly skilful player. Turns the ball over far too much by foot.

We don't want players who are more interested in dollars than they are club loyalty.

Enjoy playing for a farce of a Club Tom.

$cully sold us out for the dollar, not content with us paying twice his value he wanted three times his worth.As another poster has said the other players weren't his team mates just guys he had to play with.Hope $cully has a crap career with a crap club. To be loudly booed whenever possible

I was confident he'd stay but uncomfortable with the thought that he'd be getting paid close to twice what Trenners and the like would be getting.

It must free up some money next year when we'll have a few top players coming out of contract.

All that aside, I truly hope that all Demon supporters are above 'booing' Tom when we play GWS.

If we were as professional as a club such as the Pies, both on-field and off-field, I doubt he would have left. If the truth be known, we're probably as close to a flag as GWS is.

[censored] off. Not only will I boo him every time he gets the ball against us for the rest of his career, I'll take some monopoly money to throw his way next year as well.

I keep thinking of Schwab's comments that $cully kept asking him "why doesn't anyone believe me?" How about because you're a two-faced lying [censored] with no integrity or respect.

We really need a like button!

Guest Range.Rover

BOOOOOYAH.

And next time The Ox goes to air with a call like that, take it the bank boys.

Take it to the bank ... just like our boy Tom did.

CAAAAARNA DEEEEES!!!! B)

Edited by High Tower
Leave the flaming out RR

let me qualify my previous post, I do believe we have had one one of those "once in a generation" players stolen from under our noses but, hey, it's a team game, i want a once in a generation team!

Yeah I'm not totally convinced but looking at the previous 10 years number 1 picks, the odds are we have lost a quality player. The AFL must look at this and at least try and compensate us.

2000 Nick Riewoldt

2001 Luke Hodge

2002 Brendon Goddard

2003 Adam Cooney

2004 Brett Deledio

2005 Marc Murphy

2006 Bryce Gibbs

2007 Matthew Kreuzer

2008 Jack Watts

2009 Tom Scully

2010 David Swallow