Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Hawthorn



Recommended Posts

On 3/7/2018 at 10:35 PM, daisycutter said:

i see biffo and his entourage has moved from the gatwick to the regal

Notorious St Kilda boarding house The Regal to shut down

Garbage men have refused to enter a St Kilda laneway as violence and drug use spirals out of control. Picture: Penny Stephens

Biffen's entourge was just knocking down the value of the place so he could buy it on the cheap, I'm sure.  Future business hub, Biffen?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Say, anybody heard from Uncle Bitter recently? Or has he gone into hiding after his recent adventures in SE Asia?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2018 at 6:57 PM, Whispering_Jack said:

While you blokes have been ranting on about nothing in particular, you’ve missed some major BREAKING NEWS.

Eyes on the ball please.

lol gold

happy.gifhappy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gifhappy.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Maple Demon said:

Biffen's entourge was just knocking down the value of the place so he could buy it on the cheap, I'm sure.  Future business hub, Biffen?

 

Well I must say it's delightful to hear from the canuck correspondent.

Both you and dc made quite reasonable suppositions about the said property, however, the truth of the matter is that Biffen was rejected as a potential occupant on the basis of his poor character and record of appalling behaviour in that area.

And yes Mabel ...... I did survive Asia .... just .... but have barely survived recent encounters with Biffen.

My financial health is particularly damaged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Planning the big effort for the Lions game at the Gabba.

Travel on the day will be car to Tullamarine,  plane to GC, car to Surfers, then walk, tram, train, bus, bus, train, tram, walk. 

A nice variety of travel indeed. Hopefully it ends up in a Dees win.

PS. Almost forgot, hopefully a banana snack on the train.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Well I must say it's delightful to hear from the canuck correspondent.

Both you and dc made quite reasonable suppositions about the said property, however, the truth of the matter is that Biffen was rejected as a potential occupant on the basis of his poor character and record of appalling behaviour in that area.

And yes Mabel ...... I did survive Asia .... just .... but have barely survived recent encounters with Biffen.

My financial health is particularly damaged.

I am a lawyer. Can I help? My fees are nowhere like Robert Richter's, the great defender of the Catholic faith. just ask uncle George. The Vatican would be just about totally impecunious when he sends his Pell bill. Then again, Jesus saves, the Vatican is simply loaded due to his divine in financial interventions, a bottomless pit. Sorry I used the word bottom  in relation to matters Sub Judice, as it were, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Redleg said:

Planning the big effort for the Lions game at the Gabba.

Travel on the day will be car to Tullamarine,  plane to GC, car to Surfers, then walk, tram, train, bus, bus, train, tram, walk. 

A nice variety of travel indeed. Hopefully it ends up in a Dees win.

PS. Almost forgot, hopefully a banana snack on the train.

Smoking bananas is so De Rigeur. Anyway, smoking is banned on public transport these days. They have CCTV cameras in every nook and cranny flat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/03/2018 at 5:02 AM, Maple Demon said:

Say, anybody heard from Uncle Bitter recently? Or has he gone into hiding after his recent adventures in SE Asia?

Nice to have you back Maple. Have you been away visiting your homeland Canadia? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, daisycutter said:

i see uncle phoenix has risen from his vomit splattered ashes

Rising again can be a problematic issue dc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Rising again can be a problematic issue dc

Uncle, surely you are referring to the upcoming Easter? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Rising again can be a problematic issue dc

Medicinal intervention can help. Do you, by chance, have a sympathetic GP? Please don't shoot any more elephants and saw their horns. It is not kosher any more. Same with hippos. Settle down, Bitter, take a hobby, learn golf, learn Hungarian, learn how to cook your grandmother's favourite recipes. Meditate. Mindfulness. Eat less donuts. Read Dostoevsky. Get cultured. Ignore the Romsey riff raff. What more can I tell you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Uncle, surely you are referring to the upcoming Easter? 

Resurrections only happen in Mahler Symphony number 2. You are such an uncultured hick, Moonshadow. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dieter said:

Resurrections only happen in Mahler Symphony number 2. You are such an uncultured hick, Moonshadow. 

And you're such a stereotypical Melbourne supporter dieter. Mahler Symphony no 2 indeed! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Moonshadow said:

And you're such a stereotypical Melbourne supporter dieter. Mahler Symphony no 2 indeed! 

 

1 hour ago, Moonshadow said:

And you're such a stereotypical Melbourne supporter dieter. Mahler Symphony no 2 indeed! 

No I’m not . You should have seen the sights at Casey yesterday. They could have come from Romsey I suppose. But they were frightening....

Edited by dieter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

And you're such a stereotypical Melbourne supporter dieter. Mahler Symphony no 2 indeed! 

Nothing wrong with a bit of Mahler Symphony no 2, especially at about 100 decibels for the last minute or two. Highly appropriate for our next premiership ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Red and Bluebeard said:

Nothing wrong with a bit of Mahler Symphony no 2, especially at about 100 decibels for the last minute or two. Highly appropriate for our next premiership ...

I hate Mahler 2: it's lightning hitting a scheissenhaus, the resurrection bit a regurgitation of Catholic mumbo jumbo. 

Give me number 7 and 9 any day. Or, Das Lied von der Erde.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dieter said:

I hate Mahler 2: it's lightning hitting a scheissenhaus, the resurrection bit a regurgitation of Catholic mumbo jumbo. 

Give me number 7 and 9 any day. Or, Das Lied von der Erde.

There is enough Mahler to go around for everyone. No shortage of good stuff of his.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey....wattsa a mahler with you hey !!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Red and Bluebeard said:

There is enough Mahler to go around for everyone. No shortage of good stuff of his.

Ah, so you're a chorister, yes, no? Anyway, give me Bruckner any day. Or Bach, or Janacek. Now there vass a composer...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Hey....wattsa a mahler with you hey !!!

Mahler Schmahler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, dieter said:

Ah, so you're a chorister, yes, no? Anyway, give me Bruckner any day. Or Bach, or Janacek. Now there vass a composer...

Yes. I recall a memorable 16-part version Ich bin der Velt ... Bruckner and Janacek are not at the top of my list, but Bach, now you are talking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2018 at 7:53 AM, beelzebub said:

Hey....wattsa a mahler with you hey !!!

You be Beethoven, I'll be Bach!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Red and Bluebeard said:

You be Beethoven, I'll be Bach!

one of you two is baching up the wrong tree :o

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

one of you two is baching up the wrong tree :o

I'd rather go chopin...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×