Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

NFL

Dappa Dan

I picked a good side to follow. Both the Giants and Cowgirls have huge history and animosity. Regularly play unbelievable game. And the Miracle at New Meadowlands last year, I was in a Hooters in the states for it. In the top3 things I've ever seen in sport. And changed my sport following life, for sure.

Yeah , Philadelphia spanked the 'boys on SNF - Dallas just didn't turn up - disappointing game for the neutral fan , but you'd be happy !

As A Packers the fan it's the Giants and the Eagles that worry me the most though my team should have home field advantage this time .

Can't see a wildcard coming out of this division so the Eagles are gonna have to win it .

The Giants have a really tough run though and it's too early to discount Dallas completely , The Redskins will provide nuisance value .

Whoever wins the NFC East will be dangerous in the playoffs you'd reckon .

Cheers

Edited by Nuggets

Yeah , Philadelphia spanked the 'boys on SNF - Dallas just didn't turn up - disappointing game for the neutral fan , but you'd be happy !

As A Packers the fan it's the Giants and the Eagles that worry me the most though my team should have home field advantage this time .

Can't see a wildcard coming out of this division so the Eagles are gonna have to win it .

The Giants have a really tough run though and it's too early to discount Dallas completely , The Redskins will provide nuisance value .

Whoever wins the NFC East will be dangerous in the playoffs you'd reckon .

Cheers

Agree with all of that.

Packers are miles out ahead of everyone. Literally every other team has stumbled here and there along the way, but the pack with Rogers under centre and the hugely underrated McCarthy are just fantastic. Helluva thing to go from Favre to Rogers, huh.

NFC East is nasty. That logjam isn't gonna get worked out for a month or so yet. Which in a way is good, but still kind of sucks.

I would say the only teams you have to be worried about are the Saints, who when they turn it on, can overwhelm teams with sheer yardage... and 49ers who play some of the most surprisingly hard at it football in the league. To give you an idea, the Eagles this week took on the best run defence in the league so far in 2011, and McCoy on his own ran for 180+ from scrimmage. The 49ers were the only team this year so far to work McCoy out and stop him from grabbing half a dozen first downs. As a team, they work every angle really well without smashing any one area. Most people have the 49ers in the top 3 at the moment.

As for other teams: Giants nearly lost to Miami, and Eli hasn't suddenly gotten good, no matter what the experts tell you. Nothing to fear there. Cowboys have the biggest Streisand in the league at QB (Besides Eli). Redskins are just pain awful. Lions will tire. Bucs and Falcons are good, but not in the pack's territory. And everyone else are spent already. That leaves the Eagles, who if they stay healthy, and keep using Celek, might have enough to give the Pack an honest run in a playoff game and turn that pick into a TD, win the game, and go all the way. SOOOO much has to go right though.

Pumped. The seasons just starting to warm up now.

As is the case with a lot of my friends, I'm seeing a fair bit of interest in NFL here, and no NASCAR threads. Can someone please then explain to me why OneHD is playing live NASCAR on Monday mornings and replaying NFL in the graveyard slot almost 24 hours later?

Apart from the Vikings game where Ponder lit them up, the Packers have not had a lot to worry about in getting it done this year have they? From opening day where they out scored a defiant Saints, theyve just kept on getting the job done with a minumu of fuss.

It just shows what all those injuries did to their season last year, and picking up another few ready players in the draft has also helped.

The Saints are a tough read for mine, when Brees is on, theyre dynamic, but he's thrown more interceptions than anyone else in the last 2 years. They're all about pass,pass,pass, and given the loss of Bush and the reliance on Ingram as their main downs back, I cant see them getting too far in the playoffs this year.

The Niners will surely hit a hiccup soon, not too many teams not used to winning can string together five straight and not be due. I dont think it'll be this week, probably the week after against the Giants. I dont think we have enough quality at Wide receiver in terms of third and fourth options now that Josh Morgan is out for the year, although we have two of the better Tight End combos in the game. The Division could be wrapped up in early December which would be good to get out of the way.

Cowboys look gone for mine, Romo is having a very ordinary season, will they try and grab a big-name coach next year and give Garrett the flick?

Vick will need to stay healthy if the Eagles want to top that Division, he's picked up a few niggling injuries but played out games this year.

Giants biggest game to date in context of their season is this week against a scratchy at the moment New England, but keep in mind this is a team that has already played Seattle, St Louis, Arizona and Miami this year so their record may flatter them.

As is the case with a lot of my friends, I'm seeing a fair bit of interest in NFL here, and no NASCAR threads. Can someone please then explain to me why OneHD is playing live NASCAR on Monday mornings and replaying NFL in the graveyard slot almost 24 hours later?

I'm going to assume it's because of the sheer amount of games played in the NFL, and most of them at exactly the same time. I reckon it's amazing that they do that, and don't spread them out a la the AFL.

The Saints are a tough read for mine, when Brees is on, theyre dynamic, but he's thrown more interceptions than anyone else in the last 2 years.

Yeah, as you say that's just cos of how they set up. Brees has more attempts... which means more picks. I'd be ok with that. As long as they're winning.

and given the loss of Bush and the reliance on Ingram as their main downs back, I cant see them getting too far in the playoffs this year.

Probably true. I watched Ingram very closely in his Heisman year, and thought he would dominate the comp... but while he's been ok, he isn't what he was at college level.

The Niners will surely hit a hiccup soon, not too many teams not used to winning can string together five straight and not be due.

Good call again. Their effort is A+... but do they have the cattle to go .500+ in the remaining games? They probably will rest guys soon, tey've all but got their division wrapped up already.

Cowboys look gone for mine, Romo is having a very ordinary season, will they try and grab a big-name coach next year and give Garrett the flick?

Dunno about that. He's only had this season, and their team has had some injuries.

Vick will need to stay healthy if the Eagles want to top that Division, he's picked up a few niggling injuries but played out games this year.

Yeah. Every Philly Phan's worst nightmare. The way he runs and how long he holds onto it... he's gonna pick up a few more things here and there. I think that's actually what excited fans the most about this last week. He let it go SO quickly... as opposed to previous weeks where he would cling onto it.

Giants biggest game to date in context of their season is this week against a scratchy at the moment New England, but keep in mind this is a team that has already played Seattle, St Louis, Arizona and Miami this year so their record may flatter them.

Yup. And they only juuuust beat Miami who are deplorable. We also gave them the game a few weeks ago. They're not as good as people say...

Not many upsets last week though the Rams had a great win over the Saints ( who were never really in it )

And KC's win was a bit of a surprise though I thought they played really well - how's that fumbled snap by Philip Rivers ? Who da thunk it !

Yeah , as others have posted it's a mystery why ONEhd aren't doing the NFL live but if ya can hang out till 11.30pm Monday they will show the 49ers @ Washington followed by the Giants @ New England at 2.45am ! The Giants are a bit banged up at the moment and San Francisco should win .

For Foxtel viewers the 5am game is the Bucs at New Orleans then at 8.15am it's my team the Packers at San Diego - might have to have one of those mystery 4 hour viruses so I can watch it live !!

SNF features the Ravens @ Pittsburgh - this should be a beauty - one of the biggest rivalry's going and always a tough contest hey !

MNF is the Bears @ Philadelphia - another good match up though the Eagles are starting to fire .

It's a good round of games with a couple of "bottlers" in the Jets @ Buffalo and Cinci @ Tennessee , and you'd reckon that Houston will beat Cleveland at home and KC should take care of Miami at home as well .

The "tanking" talk in the states is gaining momentum - would have thought they'd have a lottery system by now ( like the NBA ) It's looking like it's gonna be the Colts or Miami that will get Andrew Luck - both teams have a lot of "loseable" games !

Cheers , Nuggets

Edited by Nuggets

Yeah Nuggets, I reckon the tanking thing is in a similar place to how it is with the AFL. Teams may tank, but then when they do it's generally because they're appalling. Miami and Indy may be sucking for luck... but they are also easily the two worst teams going round this year, so even WITH the tanking, the result is sensible. Just like how the dinosaur twit fans from opposition teams get stuck into us for tanking, when all we did was place players in odd positions in a game we still were winning at the final siren... Not to mention the fact we came out and smashed Freo the following week. Not only that but we didn't tank for a whole season, but for one part of one game... and all this at a time when we were BY FAR the worst team in the comp... and EVEN WITH the big draft picks we got, they didn't take us from 16th to 1st... they were compo picks designed to bring us from last to "competitive." Which they've done. But we're still miles off being a serious contender. Try telling that to the great unwashed... We got picks to make us bearable to watch again, and our list is now middle of the road.

But I digress. This is actually going to be, at long last, a fantastic week, after a few mediocre ones. The big ones, in order: Ravens v Steelers, Giants v Pats, Bears v Eagles, Bucs v Saints, Bills v Jets, Rivers v Rodgers (Chargers v Pats), Bengals v Titans.... Awesome.

Yeah Nuggets, I reckon the tanking thing is in a similar place to how it is with the AFL. Teams may tank, but then when they do it's generally because they're appalling. Miami and Indy may be sucking for luck... but they are also easily the two worst teams going round this year, so even WITH the tanking, the result is sensible. Just like how the dinosaur twit fans from opposition teams get stuck into us for tanking, when all we did was place players in odd positions in a game we still were winning at the final siren... Not to mention the fact we came out and smashed Freo the following week. Not only that but we didn't tank for a whole season, but for one part of one game... and all this at a time when we were BY FAR the worst team in the comp... and EVEN WITH the big draft picks we got, they didn't take us from 16th to 1st... they were compo picks designed to bring us from last to "competitive." Which they've done. But we're still miles off being a serious contender. Try telling that to the great unwashed... We got picks to make us bearable to watch again, and our list is now middle of the road.

But I digress. This is actually going to be, at long last, a fantastic week, after a few mediocre ones. The big ones, in order: Ravens v Steelers, Giants v Pats, Bears v Eagles, Bucs v Saints, Bills v Jets, Rivers v Rodgers (Chargers v Pats), Bengals v Titans.... Awesome.

I agree with you re the tanking - though I don't like any part of it - however small .

The NBA have a lottery system ( as you know ) and there is very little tanking talk - a simple solution but it may never happen in the AFL cos of the aversion to anything American .

What has "Vlad" said over and over again - "There is no such thing as tanking" - what a joke !

Yeah , as ya said - top line up of games this week - wish I could watch them all ! Might be some "trap" games in there - there usually is ! The Packers , Pats , Eagles and Saints still need to bring their A games this week .

Edited by Nuggets

Yeah , as ya said - top line up of games this week - wish I could watch them all ! Might be some "trap" games in there - there usually is ! The Packers , Pats , Eagles and Saints still need to bring their A games this week .

Yeah, on form, there's so many teams you just can't see losing, like the Packers, but history suggests they have to drop one SOMEWHERE.

As for tanking, and Vlad. I think it comes down to semantics. I absolutely agree that, by it's definition, tanking doesn't exist. The 22 try their guts out no matter who's in there. But if your team is awful, and they're 1-7, or 0-8 in the AFL... then that's your season right there, and you play your players to develop and to get picks. There's nothing WRONG with that, and anyone who thinks there is is a dinosaur and completely out of touch. What frustrates me is when fans of teams like the Dons, Blues and Pies give s a hard time for tanking... if they had it their way, the lesser clubs, with awful lists and no money to keep players like Scully would perpetually exist ONLY to lose to the richer clubs... Having a team like the dees always in the basement is bad for footy. The NFL at least has this worked out VERY well. The way their draft works, the way the distribution works, any team is only a few years away, or one daring draft selection away from jumping into contention. Take the Eagles. They're supposed to be rebuilding... but they recruit Vick to run wildcats, with a view to trade him the following year... 12 months later he's battling Brady for MVP honours, and is now on a $100 contract. The NFL is different every year, and there's always teams making dramatic ups (49ers, Bills, Bengals, Lions) and dramatic downs (Colts, Vikings) within a 12 month period. If the powerbrokers like Eddie have their way, the powerful will STY powerful and site "tradition" as the cause. I hate to say it, cos I hate the country for the most part, but they are so far ahead with the way they arrange their football it's not funny. And the best part... it costs no money to implement a lottery draft, or conferences... both of which will fix a lot of problems.

Question... I'm having trouble debating with a couple of othersthe top 5 QBs this season, and also overall in current-day players.

This season:

1: Rodgers (easily... rating is 20+ higher than next best)

2: Brady (form is waning, but amazing start to season)

3: Brees (Huge yardage)

4: E. Manning (Hasn't put a foot wrong. Rating 100+ all year, lots of big games, hardly any picks... still think he's barely in the top ten overall, but going on this season, hard to argue)

5: Vick (This one is a bit of bias. Purely on quarterbacking, he's probably behind a few others, but you HAVE to add in his rushing yards. If you do, he's in the top 5 for ypg. Has played very few bad games, only his turnovers have hurt him)

Hard to go past Newton (just needs a few more wins, also needs to hold it together for the rest of the year), Ryan, and Rothlisberger who's a champ. As for Romo, don't make me laugh. And Rivers is as good as anyone, but is having a patchy year.

Current day:

1: Brady

2: Manning

3: Rodgers (give it a year or two, it'll be him and Newton)

4: Brees

5: Rivers

Vick would be 6th, just ahead of Rothlisberger.

• Like 1

As for tanking, and Vlad. I think it comes down to semantics. I absolutely agree that, by it's definition, tanking doesn't exist. The 22 try their guts out no matter who's in there. But if your team is awful, and they're 1-7, or 0-8 in the AFL... then that's your season right there, and you play your players to develop and to get picks. There's nothing WRONG with that, and anyone who thinks there is is a dinosaur and completely out of touch. What frustrates me is when fans of teams like the Dons, Blues and Pies give s a hard time for tanking... if they had it their way, the lesser clubs, with awful lists and no money to keep players like Scully would perpetually exist ONLY to lose to the richer clubs... Having a team like the dees always in the basement is bad for footy. The NFL at least has this worked out VERY well. The way their draft works, the way the distribution works, any team is only a few years away, or one daring draft selection away from jumping into contention. Take the Eagles. They're supposed to be rebuilding... but they recruit Vick to run wildcats, with a view to trade him the following year... 12 months later he's battling Brady for MVP honours, and is now on a $100 contract. The NFL is different every year, and there's always teams making dramatic ups (49ers, Bills, Bengals, Lions) and dramatic downs (Colts, Vikings) within a 12 month period. If the powerbrokers like Eddie have their way, the powerful will STY powerful and site "tradition" as the cause. I hate to say it, cos I hate the country for the most part, but they are so far ahead with the way they arrange their football it's not funny. And the best part... it costs no money to implement a lottery draft, or conferences... both of which will fix a lot of problems.

Great post on all fronts (except the "hate the country" bit). I've made similar arguments on "tanking" on Demonland a few times. I completely agree with you. There is a massive lack of understanding on the issue in a big, vocal section of the footy-supporting community, who treat the issue as a black and white one, which it can never be.

Cowgirls at Cowgirls Stadium. So blah about this game.

There's a few on this thread hoping for a Seattle win ( for various reasons ) .

Picking best Quarterbacks is such a tough ask but I'll have a go

This season

1 - Rodgers

2 - Brady

3 - Big Ben

4 - Brees

5 - Vick

Overall

1 - Brady

2 - Big Ben

3 - Rodgers

4 - Brees

5 - Manning Eli

I've left Peyton out because he's not playing otherwise he'd be 3 .

Ben may surprise a few but 2 Super Bowl rings .............his numbers aren't fabulous but he finds a way to win and he's as tough as ..

Best to watch

1 - Vick

2 - Rodgers

3 - Big Ben

4 - Eli

5 - Cam

Special mention to Rex Grossman !

Cheers

Edited by Nuggets

Here's an interesting little exercise - Top 12 teams

1 - Green Bay ( Just have to )

2 - Pittsburgh

3 - Baltimore

4 - 49ers ( ya just gotta like this story )

5 - New England

6 - Philadelphia ( starting to hit their straps )

7 - New Orleans

8 - Detroit ( they ain't goin away )

9 - N Y Giants

10 - Buffalo

11 - Houston

12 - KC

The above picks before week 9 - it could all change next week !

Haven't got room for the Jets , Chargers , Dallas or Cinci - San Diego and the Jets are BIG outs but I'm thinking that KC may win the AFC West and , if the Bills beat the Jets this week ..................

Edited by Nuggets

Wow. Eli in your top 5? I barely have him in the top ten, even with the ring. I've seen him in a bunch of games, and there's just no hardness to him. It's possible he suffers from the "not Peyton" factor... maybe.

Special mention to Rex Grossman !

Cheers

HA! Sexy Rexie. What a train wreck.

Best to watch top 5:

1: Vick, with a bullet.

2: Newton, for all the reasons Vick is fun to watch, only he'll probably end up better. Slightly less pretty arm though.

3: Rodgers

4: P. Manning, his 2 minute drives are like a lesson in how football is supposed to be played.

5: Benny R. [censored], but a great [censored].

Here's an interesting little exercise - Top 12 teams

1: Packers.

2: 49ers. If you look past last year, and just go on what you've seen this year, they play like a complete team, even though they're not.

3: Steelers. Basically based on one game.

4: Patriots. Could possibly not lose another one for the rest of the season.

5: Saints. Stories of their demise greatly exaggerated. Need more in the running game though to take some pressure of Brees.

6: Ravens. Like the Falcons last year. Not sure they'll make a superbowl, but they're touch opposition any time. I like that you had them up higher. They aren't spoken about enough.

7: Lions. Stafford stays healthy, they could go 12-4.

8: Bills. Ho hum. 5-2 is hard to disagree with. I think they'll slide though.

9: Eagles. Giants in 3 weeks will tell us what we need to know. If they win the next 3, they'll be top 6.

10: Giants. They're ok. Just not THAT good. Made a lot out of nothing, and injuries will hurt now. Eli won't keep playing like this. Soft.

11: Texans. Very underrated.

12: Chargers. Only cos Rivers has upside.

Haven't got room for the Jets , Chargers , Dallas or Cinci - San Diego and the Jets are BIG outs but I'm thinking that KC may win the AFC West and , if the Bills beat the Jets this week ..................

Like you I couldn't fit in the Jets, who have shown only average football, and I don't think they have enough to go further. Dallas, after this week, don't deserve to be top 12. KC's a big call. I watched them last weekend. Not overwhelmed. I probably feel worst about not fitting in Cinci, who are kind of like 49ers... playing far better than they should be. And from here, Dalton should probably be taken seriously. I just don't trust them not to completely fall to pieces for a whole month.

So we had the same top 12, I had chargers in, you had KC.

But is that who you think WILL make the playoffs? They're what I think are the best sides, but there's a few that I think might not make it. I saw an article recently that described who the writer thought WOULDN'T make playoffs. It's a good way of looking at it.

AFC East: Jets, Dolphins. North: Bengals, Browns. South: Jaguars, Colts. West: Broncos.

NFC East: Cowboys, Redskins. North: Vikings. South: Panthers. West: Hawks, Cardinals, Rams.

I think the AFC winners will be Pats, Steelers, Texans, Chargers. With the wild cards the Ravens and one of the Bills/Bengals. Though that race is WIDE open.

NFC winners: Giants, Packers, Saints, 49ers. Wild card probably Lions, and hopefully Philly.

Probably a bit early for all that, but the teams that just miss out, I think just don't have the legs to get to 10 wins.

Great post on all fronts (except the "hate the country" bit).

Just had a fair few bad experiences. The place is rotting from the core. Not unfixable, just not fixable in my lifetime probably. Let's just say I love AND hate it. Thank goodness for Australia, in other words.

I've made similar arguments on "tanking" on Demonland a few times. I completely agree with you. There is a massive lack of understanding on the issue in a big, vocal section of the footy-supporting community, who treat the issue as a black and white one, which it can never be.

There are those that will cling to the amateurism of the game. It's only when EVERY club has had a downturns like the dees that they'll realise this is what happens when greedy clubs like the dons and pies take everything, the natural evolution is for tanking to occur. Good luck convincing fans of the big four of that though... That's actually what makes me nervous. It's not who's right, it's who's popular that makes things happen in this league.

Cowgirls at Cowgirls Stadium. So blah about this game.

Why? Could be a good one, and will have massive ramifications on the standings.

Maybe pause to re-asses that outlook for KC after this mornings effort, flogged by one of the worst teams going around, Cassell sacked five times!

I really like the way the Texans are going about their business, practically no-one is talking about them in the greater scheme of things, they continue to

notch up wins.

Rex Grossman is definitely one of the most entertaing QBs to watch, provided you're not a Redskins fan haha! :)

Maybe pause to re-asses that outlook for KC after this mornings effort, flogged by one of the worst teams going around, Cassell sacked five times!

I really like the way the Texans are going about their business, practically no-one is talking about them in the greater scheme of things, they continue to

notch up wins.

Rex Grossman is definitely one of the most entertaing QBs to watch, provided you're not a Redskins fan haha! :)

Yeah Demon - jumping right off KC ! ( sorry "pantaloons" ) How did they lose by so much at home ? To Miami ? And you're right about the Texans - they should win their division and if they win enough games ...................

I'll revisit my top 12 again on Wednesday !

49ers just keep rolling along hey - good to see .

Edited by Nuggets

Wow. Jets smash Buffalo, despite some more Sanchez mediocrity. Damn Giants and Cowgirls win games they could have lost. Gonna be tough for Eagles now. Somehow Tebow does good things... Rivers still doing amazing things, and amazingly bad things, the Pack just keeps on keeping on. But what the hell? MIAMI?!!! Say sayonara to luck!!! I knew they'd pop up with a strong week somewhere along the line, but THAT scoreline? Wow. How many playoff contenders have been kept to 3 points this season?

Monday night football coming up!!!

Wow. Jets smash Buffalo, despite some more Sanchez mediocrity. Damn Giants and Cowgirls win games they could have lost. Gonna be tough for Eagles now. Somehow Tebow does good things... Rivers still doing amazing things, and amazingly bad things, the Pack just keeps on keeping on. But what the hell? MIAMI?!!! Say sayonara to luck!!! I knew they'd pop up with a strong week somewhere along the line, but THAT scoreline? Wow. How many playoff contenders have been kept to 3 points this season?

Monday night football coming up!!!

Yep , the Jets are right back in it now and the Pats have got some competition in that division - Eli was good and the Giants won't go away easily .

Watched the Packers game on delay and the Chargers came back well and could easily have won it in the end - a real shootout .

The Texans , the 49ers and the Bengals just keep winning - Atlanta are sneakin' up there and that AFC West is a crapshoot !

Edited by Nuggets

Yep , the Jets are right back in it now and the Pats have got some competition in that division - Eli was good and the Giants won't go away easily .

Watched the Packers game on delay and the Chargers came back well and could easily have won it in the end - a real shootout .

The Texans , the 49ers and the Bengals just keep winning - Atlanta are sneakin' up there and that AFC West is a crapshoot !

Yeah. Looks like you and I have to eat our words now on the Jets in our top 12. Oops. I like it actually. Unlike the NFC which has the pack, then everyone else... The AFC is wiiiiide open all over the place. Who expected the Pats to lose 2 in a row? Some of those divisions are logjams now, I love it. In fact 3 of the 4 divisions have their top 3 teams on the same amount of wins! Only the Texans seem to have a bit of a lead.

Bloody Atlanta. If my birds beat the Bears, we'll be one game off that last wild card spot that they currently hold. Losing to them earlier this season is going to hurt I think.

Ouch. Still can't get over the Giants win, or Miami's for that matter.

Edited by Dappa Dan

Yeah. Looks like you and I have to eat our words now on the Jets in our top 12. Oops. I like it actually. Unlike the NFC which has the pack, then everyone else... The AFC is wiiiiide open all over the place. Who expected the Pats to lose 2 in a row? Some of those divisions are logjams now, I love it. In fact 3 of the 4 divisions have their top 3 teams on the same amount of wins! Only the Texans seem to have a bit of a lead.

Bloody Atlanta. If my birds beat the Bears, we'll be one game off that last wild card spot that they currently hold. Losing to them earlier this season is going to hurt I think.

Ouch. Still can't get over the Giants win, or Miami's for that matter.

Yeah , a bit of a different top 12 this week hey - I'll wait till Wednesday to post mine - would like to see a few other poster's top 12 as well - gives us something to talk about till next weeks games - maybe a top 10 QB's as well - whadaya reckon ?

Btw I may even have a different no.1 Team !

And how was that Ravens / Steelers game ? Lived up to it's billing - Flacco was really good again - he's getting better .

Looking forward to the Eagles / Bears game - Tuesday night football !

I really rate Flacco. It took some convincing with my mate who thought he was middle of the road. I put him up there in Ryan territory. Though both have good teams around them.

And yeah, I'm all for top 12 teams, top 10 QBs... I'd like to work in RB and WR lists as well. Maybe just top 5s of those. I'm not a good enough fan to know TEs and and of the linesmen, or linebackers.

Eagles/Bears will be awesome tomorrow. Best of all I have foxtel, and can watch it mid afternoon!!!

Since we're on the subject of top 10 QBs. This is for this season.

1: Rodgers

2: Brady

3: Brees

4: E. Manning.

5: Vick (4&5 could swap based on Monday night)

6: Rothlisberger. Still can't fit him in, but probably should.

7: Newton. Will probably slide. But you can't ignore his numbers. Wow.

7: Stafford. When he's fit, he's awesome.

8: Rivers. You'd assume he'd climb up as the season goes on. At passing QBing he's as good as any of the top 3. Just is out of form, has a crap team around him. Last year was easily top 4.

9: Ryan. Always rated him. Safe as houses and seems to bob up for 4-TD games often.

10: Flacco. Probably should have Romo. But I don't trust him. Or I could have Cutler. But I'll wait and see what he does when he's not getting hit so much. I've also been unkind to Smith, Freeman, Schaub and Fitzpatrick, all of whom probably deserve to be there on numbers.

As for RBs.

1: Peterson. Wow. Amazing player.

2: McCoy. He's there now. Is doing it all. Went up against the best rush defence in the league, that had given up an average of 69 yards a game, and he picked up 187 all by himself. Says it all. An absolute joy to watch. Even makes Vick look pedestrian by comparison, especially since he's not gone for any big plays this year.

3: Forte. That pesky receiving yards stat, along with his rushing puts him here. I'm not as sold on him as many. I really do believe he racks up receiving yardage only because Cutler has NO-ONE ELSE to throw to. That said, he's been awesome. This top three are set in stone (if not order) as much as Brady, Rodgers and Brees are for QBs.

4: Jackson.

5: Gore.

Wanted to fit in Jones-Drew cos I love him. But can't. Not his best work so far.