Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

NFL

Dappa Dan

McNabb is out of town fo' sure! He cannot seem to make it work. Keen on David Garrard at the Vikes?? Seems like an okay fit for now.

How will my texans do with Andre out for 3-4 weeks??? If we win the next 3 look out AFC!

my vikings are awful 0 wins and we lost to kansas city. pack your bags donovan mcnabb!

Yeah what the hell happened to that guy? I thought that wasn't a bad signing given you have the best RB in the league. McNabb can hustle, when in doubt. Give him a bit more time, he's not nearly as bad as he's shown.

My Eagles have been a disgrace though. This Wide 9s malarkey, can't stop the run, Mick the [censored] Vick throwing picks...

Can't believe the Lions and Bills... And the Pack are miles ahead of everyone.

I never thought I would see the lions and bills ahead of my vikings. We got smashed yesterday and i think we are tanking for the QB in college right now I think his last name is luck and apparently he is better then cam newton.

I never thought I would see the lions and bills ahead of my vikings. We got smashed yesterday and i think we are tanking for the QB in college right now I think his last name is luck and apparently he is better then cam newton.

Check the stats. For some reason Luck had slightly better stats in all the major passing categories (he's continued his great form this season, hasn't dropped momentum at all) but lost the Heisman to Newton, who is an out and out phenom.

Fins fans have started the "suck for luck" movement... :D Should send them our way for some advice.

Told ya all in Jan that Rams would be awesome this year............*sigh* they are Melbourne part 2 :(

I couldn't help but think that, yeah. They're not as bad as they're showing though.

Like a few others I'm a huge 49ers fan.

I visited the place in the late 80s when they were going through their golden era and it cost huge $'s to go to Candlestick Park.

I believe they're traveling well for the first time in ages with a new coach who has problems with his opposition counterparts shaking hands after games.

I visited the place in the late 80s when they were going through their golden era and it cost huge $'s to go to Candlestick Park.

I believe they're traveling well for the first time in ages with a new coach who has problems with his opposition counterparts shaking hands after games.

Happy to see you on board with the 49ers there Jack......

And also happy to see them finally, finally doing some really good things. Defence is great, o-line has been outstanding, Frank Gore is amazing, again,

and Alex Smith has finally realised how to play some consistently good (great even) footy, years after being the no. 1 draft pick. Better late than never I guess.

And aside from apparently needing to learn how to shake losing coaches hands with less vigour I think Jim Harbaugh is clearly doing a wonderful job.

I'm actually enjoying this season :) !!!

The Vikings took a QB with their first round pick (#12 from memory) last year. Christian Ponder starts this weekend, unfortunately for him it's against Green Bay.

As for Andrew Luck, he is far more consistent at the college level than Cam Newton ever was, who only played the one full year as starting QB at Auburn (albeit a Championship year) after he was forced out of Florida. Luck was also touted to go pro last year after he finished his junior year at Stanford but instead decided to go back to school and finish his architecture degree, but most likely he would have gone ahead of Newton anyway. Luck is going to be great, but I don't think the Vikings are going to get anywhere near him.

There are three franchises that are currently win-less - Miami, Indianapolis and St Louis.

Now the Rams took the No. 1 pick in 2009 in Sam Bradford and will not go near another QB as Bradford is outstanding and the least of the Rams current problems.

They are also married to a massive contract ($75 million'ish) that no other club would want trade for. Although I would take him at San Francisco in a heartbeat.

Indianapolis is interesting given the serious injury (neck) status of Petyon Manning. He most likely won't play this season with the injury clearly being very serious and recurring, plus he will be 36 before the beginning of next season thus there are a lot of questions over his future. Luck would be a great player to hand the team over to.

Which leaves us with Miami. Well to put it simply they suck, they have no QB of note, no game plan, are in a bugger of a division (with Patriots, Jets & Bills) and will probably sack their coach before the end of this year. For my money right now the Dolphins are the ones most likely to get the No. 1 overall pick and take Andrew Luck with it.

But of course there is still a very long way to go.

Edited by QueenC

I couldn't help but think that, yeah. They're not as bad as they're showing though.

Watching the game v Packers and we moved the ball for well over 400 yrds, Bradford will be a very good QB, will help him when our very young offensive line gets some experience, and stops giving away heaps of fouls.

I think we will be good in a few years time (sound familiar :P )

Good post. Colts and Miami. You would think both sides would stampede towards Luck. You might even find that one or the other might be offered a deal they can't refuse, though. Henne actually didn't look awful before he got hurt (though I saw him live last year, and he was deplorable)... And Manning is, well, Manning. Both sides might consider trading it on for a raft of picks and good players.

The Colts have Andrew Luck in their sights. Can't see the Colts winning a game!

I can. They've been relatively competitive here and there.

I think we will be good in a few years time (sound familiar :P )

Yup. There's a reason everyone had them coming back up the standings this year. It's all about that OL, isn't it... and by extension OC. When you first start watching the game it's about the big plays, QBs etc... then after a while you love pulling apart the line of scrimmage, and following the elephants on parade. The Rams will be ok next year, and will have a number of years where they look good. That's what's great about the NFL in any given season, the team is always a maximum of 3 years away from turning things around.

What it the hell is going on in the NFL?

Marino's 5086 yards in a season record not only looks like being broken, but it looks like being broken by 3 different guys? I keep expecting Brady and Brees to have a bad day somewhere along the line... but Rodgers, with 20 TDs through 7 games... nothing can stop that guy. Even the rookie Newton is averaging enough to get around the 4500 mark in a season, which is to say nothing of his running ability.

Wow...

Seriously I fell of my chair with the Colts V Saints score today. 11 points off equaling the NFL record for points.

As I said earlier, I cannot see the colts winning a game! And as an AFC South man, I AM LOVING IT!!!! Finally my boys have a clear shot at the division.

Marino's record will fall. Brees??? Also, I can see Cam Newton setting all kinds of rookie records! HE IS A FREAK!!!

Nice one. Despite a few US trips and numerous NBA and NHL games I've managed to get to, I've only managed to get to one NFL game, and it was at Candlestick for a Niners-Saints game back in 2000. Great atmosphere, great game.

SNF this week features Dallas @ Philadelphia - big divisional rivalry game with both teams seeming to have similar 4th quarter problems .

A lot of the tv games this year have been mismatch's which is a shame cos there's nothing like an NFL game going down to the wire .

MNF this week is goodin as well with San Diego at KC - Can't wait for both

The Foxtel games don't do much for me this week though the "Tim Tebow" factor vs Detroit might be interesting .

Doesn't look like ONEhd are covering any of the Sunday early or late games ( live )

Cheers , Nuggets

Edited by Nuggets

Seriously I fell of my chair with the Colts V Saints score today. 11 points off equaling the NFL record for points.

As I said earlier, I cannot see the colts winning a game! And as an AFC South man, I AM LOVING IT!!!! Finally my boys have a clear shot at the division.

Marino's record will fall. Brees??? Also, I can see Cam Newton setting all kinds of rookie records! HE IS A FREAK!!!

I taped that match, thinking 'oh this will be good - a replay of the superbowl of a couple of years ago'. Not quite. No Payton Manning - no colts.

It seems that the offensive units are creaming the defences this year. There are too many good experienced quarterbacks, and too many rookies on the backline.

Me too. I don't get to see the Chiefs on TV very often and this is essentially an early elimination game for us. Good times.

I follow the Packers but not with any great fanatacism - I reserve that for the Demons and the Australian Cricket Test Team !

Just really like watching NFL games full stop - And KC's home games are great to watch with that "Sea of Red"

I give your team a real chance this week against the Bolts ( A traditional foe ) Should be a "Barnburner" !

Green Bay have a bye this week then we're at San Diego so can ya soften em up for us !

SNF this week features Dallas @ Philadelphia - big divisional rivalry game with both teams seeming to have similar 4th quarter problems .

Pumped. If Eagles lose they're done for the year. So I hope they win, even if only to keep the division interesting. On the other hand, If they do win, that'll put the Giants up by 2 games, with a bye against Miami this week.

Pumped. If Eagles lose they're done for the year. So I hope they win, even if only to keep the division interesting. On the other hand, If they do win, that'll put the Giants up by 2 games, with a bye against Miami this week.

Yeah , Vick vs Romo is a classic duel ! 9 wins might win this division and your blokes could easily be lying 4 / 2 instead of 2 / 4 .

Nearly always the best Division to watch btw - This game is so vital for both teams - and what's the odds there is some 4th quarter game-changing interception ?

This game has had some added spice via the media in the US, with Cowboys defensive coach Rob Ryan (bearded brother of Jets Rex) firing off a few cheap potshots about the "Dream Team" of free agents the Eagles assembled in the offseason. So far this year hes not far off the mark, theyve played like a lot of overpaid highly rated talents, than a cohesive team so far, but if Vick can stop getting niggling injuries and get some consistency, they to me have too much potential to not still challenge for their division.

My Niners are flying, wowee I'm enjoying this season! We were one overtime loss to the Cowboys away from being undefeated, the win lines are harking back to the heady days of the late eighties, out of nowhere. Its amazing what a job Harbaugh has done so far, hes got the Offensive line playing whereby Smith is getting time to find out how good he could be. Sure his passing yards metres are are well below the level of Rogers & Brady, but in Frank Gore he's got one of the most inform backs in the game. Add some assistance from Dixon, Hunter and a great one-two punch at tight end with Davis & Walker and a bunch of handy but not a-grade receivers and weve got a good balance. On D Aldon Smith is getting better by the week, great to see also.

On who will win Luck Lotto, today its come out of the Miami camp that Reggie Bush has had a crack at his teams efforts, and a few of his teammates have had a go back at him, all via the media. The boys in teal are imploding I think theyre a shoo-in to get the Number 1 pick.

Yeah , Vick vs Romo is a classic duel ! 9 wins might win this division and your blokes could easily be lying 4 / 2 instead of 2 / 4 .

Nearly always the best Division to watch btw - This game is so vital for both teams - and what's the odds there is some 4th quarter game-changing interception ?

I picked a good side to follow. Both the Giants and Cowgirls have huge history and animosity. Regularly play unbelievable game. And the Miracle at New Meadowlands last year, I was in a Hooters in the states for it. In the top3 things I've ever seen in sport. And changed my sport following life, for sure.

Did any one see the Bears v vikings (I think it was) Where it went interception, interception, safety. Could not believe my eyes when I saw that.

This week? Or recent weeks? Stuff like that has been going on all year. Returned punts and kickoffs, picks, odd fumbles. OCs and DCs seem to be calling weird plays and setting up their lines in new and crafty ways instead of sticking to an old faithful scheme. Scores and yards are all up on average. not sure whether it's necessarily a good thing, but it's definitely not boring.

theyve played like a lot of overpaid highly rated talents, than a cohesive team so far,

Not true actually. They've been playing quality, but unlucky football. Vick is in the top five for all purpose yards. McCoy is the best RB in the league in most stats. The OL is coming together. The only really bad thing is defending the run. The guys to blame are the offensive and defensive coordinators. The schemes were awful up until two weeks ago when they FINALLY changed things and tightened up the OL. Since then Vick and Celek have been killing it, and everyone respects them again. They're now 1st in the league for offensive yards and rushing yards, and their D is somewhere in the middle. They were always gonna take 4-6 weeks to get it together with an interrupted off season and a LOT of new names in the side. What they've done though is make good honest hard work their main course of action, and right now many regard them as the team to beat in the NFC east, even though they're two games off the Giants. In fact, on form, if Philly beat the Bears (4-3) and Cards (1-6)... and the Giants lose to the Patriots (5-2) and 49ers (6-1)... then when these two sides face each other in 3 weeks it could VERY likely be for favouritism for the division.

My Niners are flying, wowee I'm enjoying this season!

As well you should be. It's unbelievable. A few weeks ago everyone had them in the top 4 sides in the comp. At the time I thought, yeah right, but boy have they ever proven themselves. The next best side in their division is a full 4 games behind them. They are more or less ALREADY playing for a 1st or 2nd seed. Your coach is a nutcase, but just the right kind of nutcase for NFL footy.

I think theyre a shoo-in to get the Number 1 pick.

Colts not looking too far off it. :D Would be a nice thing, going from Manning who's about 73 years old, to Luck.