Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Round 09 vs Carlton



Dappa Dan

NFL

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dappa Dan said:

Yeah. "May." I was more "hoping" he'd get traded as I wanted that first rounder. But wasn't interested in a late second rounder, as Jimmy G got better than that. Always felt pre season or early 2018 was most likely, but certainly didn't see a minor contract extension coming, not in today's day and age of fast and furious trades. It was an extension they didn't need to do, so I'm pretty pleased they tried to help him out.

It's all academic now anyway Dappa ... at least for this season at least.  Foles would have to be happy with the revamped deal.

And a lot of non Eagles fans would be happy to see Foles staying as well - apart from those who might want to see the Eagles weakened.

My view is that I am glad he is staying.

Edited by Macca

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Macca said:

It's all academic now anyway Dappa ... at least for this season at least.  Foles would have to be happy with the revamped deal - read more on the contract details here ...

www.nj.com/eagles

And a lot of non Eagles fans would be happy to see Foles staying as well - apart from those who might want to see the Eagles weakened.

My view is that I am glad he is staying.

Me too. I mean... Like I said I'd have taken, happily, a move from 32 to 15 where Arizona are picking... but if that's out of the question, then my Wentz knee fear wins any Foles debate in my head. Eagles are in a situation where their backup QB is more feared now than some starters. How often in the NFL does that happen.

So has anyone earmarked a player with their team's first pick? I have my eye on whatever RB the Eagles identify. I poo-pooed the Blount pickup at the start of last year, and he was absolutely integral the the Eagles year. Not always massive stats, but important goal line carries most weeks, and all through playoffs including a great, great superbowl. I have my eye on Chubb... the RB variety... who will still be there at 32.

Edited by Dappa Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

Me too. I mean... Like I said I'd have taken, happily, a move from 32 to 15 where Arizona are picking... but if that's out of the question, then my Wentz knee fear wins any Foles debate in my head. Eagles are in a situation where their backup QB is more feared now than some starters. How often in the NFL does that happen.

So has anyone earmarked a player with their team's first pick? I have my eye on whatever RB the Eagles identify. I poo-pooed the Blount pickup at the start of last year, and he was absolutely integral the the Eagles year. Not always massive stats, but important goal line carries most weeks, and all through playoffs including a great, great superbowl. I have my eye on Chubb... the RB variety... who will still be there at 32.

The other link didn't work so I'll try again ...

Explaining Nick Foles' new contract and what it means for Carson Wentz, the Eagles and Foles himself (and the fans?)

So often these articles are written in a way where it's like reading an article out of the Financial Review or BRW.  You have to read between the lines to figure out where you sit as a fan of the team or the sport.

Personally,  I don't really care about the money but unfortunately,  that's what a lot of sports are about these days.  The money.

And it might be a CB or in the OL for the Packers ... Derwin James,  Minkah Fitzpatrick & Denzel Ward have been touted for the secondary.  Quenton Nelson would be a terrific pick-up as an OG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Clintosaurus said:

Taking Josh Allen at #1 would be a sure fire stuff up. I reckon Barkley at #1 and Chubb at #4 is their way forward. Tyrod Taylor is good in the mean time and they can take a QB like Luke Falk at 33 or 35 to learn in the next season or two.

Surely they take Rosen at #1? They need a franchise QB and Taylor ain’t the answer.  Taylor could afford Rosen the time to develop and for the Browns to build a good OLine next year. Even Darnold, I think they must go QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Surely they take Rosen at #1? They need a franchise QB and Taylor ain’t the answer.  Taylor could afford Rosen the time to develop and for the Browns to build a good OLine next year. Even Darnold, I think they must go QB.

The Allen thing... are they just all about him cos they've seen how Wentz has gone? If so, crazy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets get Darnold I was expecting Mayfield wonder if Browns will live to regret that decision. Looking forward to next season hopefully the Jets can get back to playoffs it's been a long drought as a Jets/Demons supporter

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boy.... 4 odd hours and they only managed the first round .. sounds worse than the Brownlow count !

Was watching a newspaper live update... it seems that a lot of clubs know exactly who they are going to pick but drag it out so they can get a free plug for their club. As if the Browns really needed to think about who they would take as the first pick.

O well can't blame em for a little theatre... the boys at AFL house are I am sure taking close notes.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2018 at 2:21 PM, Diamond_Jim said:

Boy.... 4 odd hours and they only managed the first round .. sounds worse than the Brownlow count !

Was watching a newspaper live update... it seems that a lot of clubs know exactly who they are going to pick but drag it out so they can get a free plug for their club. As if the Browns really needed to think about who they would take as the first pick.

O well can't blame em for a little theatre... the boys at AFL house are I am sure taking close notes.

 

The time dragged out is because draft day trades come thick and fast. They get phone calls from potentially 31 clubs. And if one of them is one they can't refuse they take it. Tends to happen more after the first 6 picks, but they happen consistently. It'll be the same in the AFL from as early as this year, potentially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tavon gooooooone! To the cowboys.

@Gorgoroth happy? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

Tavon gooooooone! To the cowboys.

@Gorgoroth happy? 

Yeah saw that. Not unhappy, I always wanted him to succeed but he just never found the spot. Be interested to see how he goes at the boys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we all happy with our draft picks? 

I don’t follow college much so know sod all about the players, but read their ratings after, seems we have some with decent ceilings but are gambles. Now to see how they survive camp.

I feel for the new OLine guys facing Suh and Donald at training camp ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Are we all happy with our draft picks? 

I don’t follow college much so know sod all about the players, but read their ratings after, seems we have some with decent ceilings but are gambles. Now to see how they survive camp.

I feel for the new OLine guys facing Suh and Donald at training camp ?

Ha. Yeah good luck with that boys. Same with the Rabbitoh the Eagles recruited who's never played a snap in his life. Has to face Cox, Bennett, Graham...

Happy with the only handful of picks. Some guys who were hurt but have massive upside. A corner to take over from Robinson who's short but great. I like it. Made plenty out of not much draft capital. Filled all our needs.

On a side note I was hoping we'd take Guice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2018 at 10:47 AM, Gorgoroth said:

Are we all happy with our draft picks? 

Happy enough. Picking at 29 each round without trading too often (hi Belichick) means BPA pretty much. Was nice to see the club drafting BPA and not need. Jags UDFAs are quite impressive too - especially Tony Adams and Allen Lazard.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Clintosaurus said:

Happy enough. Picking at 29 each round without trading too often (hi Belichick) means BPA pretty much. Was nice to see the club drafting BPA and not need. Jags UDFAs are quite impressive too - especially Tony Adams and Allen Lazard.

It’s interesting with the way the NFL draft players but they then can be cut in pre season. It’s one aspect I find hard to become use to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2018 at 6:45 PM, Gorgoroth said:

It’s interesting with the way the NFL draft players but they then can be cut in pre season. It’s one aspect I find hard to become use to.

I too find it extremely odd to Gorg aswell as draft picks having to "agree to terms" once picked. Didn't Joey Bosa hold out the year he was picked up ? Extraordinary that can happen 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JV7 said:

I too find it extremely odd to Gorg aswell as draft picks having to "agree to terms" once picked. Didn't Joey Bosa hold out the year he was picked up ? Extraordinary that can happen 

And manning not signing with the chargers so he ended up at NYG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NFL have changed the rules for anthem. Stand and show respect or stay in locker room. No more sideline protests. 

Interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Social Media



    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×