Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

NFL

Dappa Dan

6 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

He's contracted to the Eagles for next year and they'd want a good backup for Wentz. The logical move might be for the Eagles to keep him until the trade deadline then sell him if Wentz is back at his best.

What can they get for him now? A 2nd or 3rd round pick? Pretty handy to have that come draft time. 

Alex Smith already traded. Cousins and Foles available. Keenum/Bradford/Bridgewater situation in Minnesota. It's looking like a very interesting QB offseason.

Foles will almost certainly receive a multi year reasonably lucrative offer from elsewhere ... and the Eagles wouldn't be able to match that considering they'll have to pay Wentz big big dollars at some stage in the near future.

And Foles will want to play ... why would he want to sit on the sidelines? 

The Eagles could be offered a decent return for Foles (a late 1st round pick or a 2nd round pick) but apart from that, they may feel morally obligated to let him go anyway (if thats how it pans out)

He might stay but the Eagles are going to have to up the ante ... and again,  they won't want a standoff situation with all the goodwill that has been created. 

Whether Foles is worth what I've indicated is irrelevant ... in sport the world over,  teams will sometimes pay overs and sometimes pay unders.  And this is one of those situations. 

15 minutes ago, Macca said:

Foles will almost certainly receive a multi year reasonably lucrative offer from elsewhere ... and the Eagles wouldn't be able to match that considering they'll have to pay Wentz big big dollars at some stage in the near future.

And Foles will want to play ... why would he want to sit on the sidelines? 

The Eagles could be offered a decent return for Foles (a late 1st round pick or a 2nd round pick) but apart from that, they may feel morally obligated to let him go anyway (if thats how it pans out)

He might stay but the Eagles are going to have to up the ante ... and again,  they won't want a standoff situation with all the goodwill that has been created. 

Whether Foles is worth what I've indicated is irrelevant ... in sport the world over,  teams will sometimes pay overs and sometimes pay unders.  And this is one of those situations. 

Eagles will let him go fairly cheaply if thats what he wants, they wont hold him back. 

If he goes, he needs to find a team with a great o line as that is what made him look so good last two weeks. Their oline especiallu kelce and Johnson were immense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Eagles will let him go fairly cheaply if thats what he wants, they wont hold him back. 

If he goes, he needs to find a team with a great o line as that is what made him look so good last two weeks. Their oline especiallu kelce and Johnson were immense.

Yep,  that's how I see it.  Also,  players want to play. 

It is hard to invisage a Super Bowl MVP being happy to sit on the sidelines for his next game/season.

16 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

He's contracted to the Eagles for next year and they'd want a good backup for Wentz. The logical move might be for the Eagles to keep him until the trade deadline then sell him if Wentz is back at his best.

In a perfect world, Foles would accept a few million a year to backup Wentz the rest of his career. Obviously now that's impossible. Me and @Macca  went over the sums just after the championship game he dominated in... and as Jaws (Jaworski, last eagles superbowl quarterback and media personality) put it... There's only 16 or so reliable quarterbacks you can trust for 16 games a season in the league, and now Foles is one of them. Going by that, he really has to get a new gig.

9 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Dead right. Eagles O line played out of their minds this year and especially in playoffs. Foles is a reps player... as in he needs reps... he had an MVP calibre season, playoff MVP calibre 3 weeks... and superbowl MVP in his trophy cupboard as a statue-style QB. Is everyone in the league convinced he'll win more superbowls? The answer, generally, is no. He had some incredible coaching and a team around him that a quarterback dreams of. A D that was as good as just about anyone all year, and saved his butt a few times. Heaps of receivers. A top 5 running game with at least 2 super pass catchers out of the backfield, and guys who can throw blocks when he needed them. And as everyone is now aware, some extremely great quarterback coaching as evidenced by what happened with not one, but two QBs. You also have a team who have a real conundrum on their hands. Wentz is the starter... noone doubts that... We know Foles will be at a different club. The question is when... and how much do they get. Here's your options.

A: Trade him on or soon after March 14. His trade value will NEVER be higher. Trouble with that is that we'd be rolling with another random backup, or Sudfeld, if Wentz doesn't come up for week 1.

B: Take Foles in to week 1-4 or so... get those on the board as best you can. Take pressure of Wentz HAVING to play. Put him back in when he's 100%. They'd be looking at the many false starts of Andrew Luck here and factoring that in. Trade Foles before the dealine for a Jimmy Garroppolo type deal.

C: Keep Foles on his $7 mil contract for 2018. He leaves at season's end to wherever he wants  in free agency after winning a second superbowl. ;) I'm not sure on rules, but if he's signed to big bucks, I suppose Eagles get a compensatory pick at the end of the third or fourth round or something? Macca probably knows.

D: Cut a few guys, save a further 15 million and add it to his current contract as a renegotiation for just the next 12 months. Thus paying 20+ million to Big Dick Nick to play a few games and be a backup. Simply not an option. 

It's a tough one to predict. Especially when another big wrinkle here is that they have a superbowl winning list with almost all its major stars signed through 2018. As Macca will tell you, they're all "win now" these franchises. And there's no doubt that keeping Foles for next year is the safe stress-free move.

For our resident Eagle tragic... I dunno that I'm all that stressed with any of those options. Obviously my mind is in a certain place after just winning one... but I feel like the only thing Eagles miss out on is a pick. Maybe a second rounder. Possibly a move from pick 32 up to mid first round or something... and in the end, is that ALL that much of a huge thing next to taking care of your 25 year old franchise QB by supporting him with a superbowl MVP? So yeah. I'll take all these options. I'm gonna do another post now showing the potential landing spots for him.

Edited by Dappa Dan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dappa Dan said:

C: Keep Foles on his $7 mil contract for 2018. He leaves at season's end to wherever he wants  in free agency after winning a second superbowl. ;) I'm not sure on rules, but if he's signed to big bucks, I suppose Eagles get a compensatory pick at the end of the third or fourth round or something? Macca probably knows.

You may be able to talk Foles into staying for a year but he (and his own agent) will be looking at his own value in terms of future salaries and whether that would depreciate over 12 months (especially if he doesn't play much,  if at all) Regardless,  he'd probably need some more millions and a longer deal (guaranteed) to satisfy. 

@DeeSpencer would know about the compo picks and how free agency works (would he be a restricted free agent?)  I'm not completely up with it Dappa although Green Bay only ever seem to lose free agents!

Your whole post was a good analysis looking at it from all sorts of angles ... as for where he could end up?  Probably an AFC team as there aren't that many spots in the NFC that might be available.  However ...

• Could he work in with Eli?  The Giants are a divisional rival though
  • How long does Brees keep going?  40 years old next season. 
  • The Bears seem to be ok with Trubisky but is that an absolute?
  • Arizona are looking to draft a QB so there's a spot

Over in the AFC there's a number of teams who could be looking at him ...

Buffalo,  Miami?,  Jacksonville,  The Jets?,  Cincinnati?,  Cleveland,  Denver and how long does Rivers at the Chargers go on for? 

Even the Patriots are a remote possibility although again,  Foles will almost certainly want to be a starter and he'll be offered 'Starters' money from somewhere.

And a deal could happen faster than we think too ... certain teams might want to jump in early for fear of missing out.  Deals are often done 'In principle' before the designated dates. 

Edited by Macca

Ok. Foles landing spots... There's more than I thought.

Brows: Picks 1, 4 and 33.... More than likely they take the first QB. Only way they don't is if they take others with picks 1 and 4, and then move 33 to Eagles for Foles. Unlikely though.

Giants: Have Eli. Have already said they'll use him for next few seasons under Shurmur. Foles won't go to be a backup. They'll draft a QB if they want one. Next.

Broncos: The first of the high possibility ones. They hold pick 5 and 40. They can take what's likely to be the 3rd best QB... Or trade their pick 3 and go down to Eagles pick 32... or potentially trade their 40 in a straight swap and take the best Left tackle available to protect Foles. They won't need much to compete again with that defense.

Jets: Pick 6. Could drop down to 32 and take him. Unlikely though. Not sure they have the list to maximise the Foles potential, and would be another example of what happened to him at Rams.

Arizona: Pick 15. Another big chance. Eagles would probably accept pick 15 for Foles and 32. Nothing wrong with that if they identified a Tackle that'll get to 15 but not 32. I'd take that in a heartbeat. And it's a great situation for Foles too. And to top it all off... He's an Arizona state lad.

Chargers: Pick 17. Could he to a club with a 36 year old qb as the next starter? In today's world, Rivers could play another 4 years. Father about 7 more kids. He'll still be a great qb. Next.

Bills: Picks 21, 22. Another good chance here. They clearly don't love Taylor. They have two picks. And a great trading relationship with the Eagles. Do they have the O-line? Do they have the receivers? That's questionable. Could happen, but maybe not as likely as Arizona or Broncos. They also have picks 53 AND 56... which are both mid to late second rounders. Currently Eagles pick at 32 and then nothing til the fourth round. They'd love a second rounder you'd think.

Saints: Pick 27. Brees is 39.... It's not happening cos they won't want a controversy. Only way it does is if Foles doesn't find a starter job, and wants to take over in a couple of years under a great coach, play in a dome, in a star team. Very much an outside chance this.

Steelers: Pick 28. See above. Ben is 35, so won't happen.

Jaguars: Pick 29. Now here's one. They've got the receivers, protection, unbelievable run game and probably the best D going round. Bortles was painful all year, but may have saved his job in the playoff loss to the Pats. It's not outside the realms though. Is Foles an upgrade? Yes. Is the price too steep? No... Foles isn't a high price QB, so they can take him on and be able to retain their star defenders over the term of his contract. And all for only a very late first round pick. I think it's win-win-win. For Foles, Jags and Eagles. Especially Eagles who aren't in their Conference.

Vikings: Pick 30. I thought of this yesterday, then thought about Keenum, Bridgewater and Bradford, and realised, nah, probably not. Then I saw many of the pundits are mentioning them. If they take Foles, then Keenum and Bradford hit the open market. Bridgewater I think will stay and keep healing at Vikings. They love him there. It's a really aggressive move though, since Keenum has got a lot of fans right now, and Bridgewater is seen as talent, and Bradford is just injury prone. Could they move on 2 or even 3 of those guys and roll with Foles? Was the Minnesota disaster enough to lose patience with all three? Does the fact it was Foles setting records against them in the championship game make them more likely to be the trade partner? Could happen. And pick 30 aint a high price. If Foles could do it at Eagles, he can do it at Vikes. It's tantalising, if you're Vikings front office.

Patriots: Pick 31. Nah. Brady didn't even shake his hand at the end of the game.

The problem with many of those is that in many mocks, as many as 6 QBs are being taken... and early. Conservatively, let's say 4 go in the first round. So Darnold, Rosen, Allen, and maybe one of Jackson and Mayfield. That wipes out Browns, Giants, Broncos and Jets who have the pressing need. Leaving just 3 or so more teams looking for a QB. Say, the Bills Arizona and Jags. Cousins will go to one of these 7 teams. Meaning really only one or two possible teams looking for a QB.

So after ALL that... It seems like, yeah, sure... plenty of teams need a qb... but there's so many out there. 4-5 drafted ones, plus the free agent/trade pool which is very strong. Cousins to lead them off... Keenum and Bradford there too. Seems to me Eagles might only get a second rounder for him. So why not hang onto him for 2018?

50 minutes ago, Macca said:

And a deal could happen faster than we think too ... certain teams might want to jump in early for fear of missing out.  Deals are often done 'In principle' before the designated dates. 

Yeah absolutely. One other thing I just thought of was the Eagles/Vikings trade of Bradford a couple of seasons ago. It came about because a team had a starter do a knee and they wanted to give their talented roster a chance. There's 32 teams. Odds are SOMEONE will go through that... possibly early in the regular or pre season. What happens if Watson takes longer than they thought? Or a problem comes up? You think they'd go with Savage over Foles if they could get him? Vikings are a well run club and they gave up a first rounder on the eve of the season for Bradford and had very good results. Also by that stage of the year they'll have WAY more inside info on how Carson is looking. Has he been able to stay fit? Is he confident? Can we put that pressure on him etc etc. If the answer is yes, then a trade is much more likely... and by THAT stage Foles will still have a superbowl MVP award in his house, and no first round QB picks to have to look better than. Cousins will have found a home. Maybe it'll just be a mid season thing again like Ajayi?

I hadn't though about Bears. I know they are saying they're happy with Trubiski... But are they really? Clubs do funny things with a few months off. Also had assumed Miami would go with Tannehill again. They're also a basket case, so the fear would be Foles would revert to Rams Foles without a good squad around him. But it's certainly possible.

And the World's worst tipster wins the post-season tipping comp again ... 3 in a row!  Just don't ever ask me to tip a road team winner. 

Final Leaderboard in the Post Season Tipping Competition 

10 - Macca  

7 - Clintosaurus

6 - Go the Biff,  JV7,  Gorgoroth

4 - Dappa Dan

image.thumb.png.82e5a5d020d3e6d96a3b4949057a6cd9.png

Regular Season Tipping Competition

Year               Winner                           Runners up                     3rd place

2017              Clintosaurus                 Go the Biff                      Dappa Dan

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016              Gorgoroth                     cowboy_from_hell          Clintosaurus/

DeeSpencer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015              Gorgoroth                      cowboy_from_hell/         Macca

JV7/

DeeSpencer

2014              Dappa Dan                     DeeSpencer                    Gorgoroth

2013              cowboy_from_hell/       pantaloons/                    Gorgoroth

Strafford                         Macca

Post Season Tipping Competition

Year              Winner                           Runners up                     3rd place

2017             Macca                           Clintosaurus                    Go the Biff/

JV7/

Gorgoroth

2016             Gorgoroth/                     JV7                                  Clintosaurus

Macca  

2015             JV7/                                cowboy_from_hell         Gorgoroth/

Macca                                                                       DeeSpencer

2014              JV7/                                pantaloons                    Gorgoroth/

Go the Biff                                                              Macca

2013             titan_uranus                  DemonDave                   cowboyfhell/

Macca

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------                               

Overall Medal Tally

Gold        Silver     Bronze

Macca                           3               1             3

Gorgoroth                     3               0             5                         

JV7                                2               2              1

----------------------------------------------------

cowboy_from_hell       1               3              1

Clintosaurus                 1               1              2

Go the Biff                     1               1             1

Dappa Dan                    1               0              1

Strafford                        1               0              0

titan_uranus                  1               0              0

DeeSpencer                  0               2              2    

pantaloons                    0               2              0

DemonDave                  0               1              0

• Like 1

One last question for @Macca and everyone else... In light of the Jimmy G trade... What is the BASEMENT and CEILING price for FOLES, just in terms of picks. I have it as him being more attractive right now that Garroppolo. Jimmy is gonna be awesome, had never lost etc... Foles was considered a journeyman backup... but now is more decorated than Garroppolo.

When the 49ers traded him, they held at the time the first pick in the second round, shared with the Browns who were also winless. They went on to win 6 of the last 8, and move the eventual traded pick down from 34 all the way to 43...

But if he was enough to give up a POTENTIAL pick 33.... then isn't Foles worth more than that come October 31 next year? Very similar situations. Jimmy was out at season's end. Foles will be too... Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

One last question for @Macca and everyone else... In light of the Jimmy G trade... What is the BASEMENT and CEILING price for FOLES, just in terms of picks. I have it as him being more attractive right now that Garroppolo. Jimmy is gonna be awesome, had never lost etc... Foles was considered a journeyman backup... but now is more decorated than Garroppolo.

When the 49ers traded him, they held at the time the first pick in the second round, shared with the Browns who were also winless. They went on to win 6 of the last 8, and move the eventual traded pick down from 34 all the way to 43...

But if he was enough to give up a POTENTIAL pick 33.... then isn't Foles worth more than that come October 31 next year? Very similar situations. Jimmy was out at season's end. Foles will be too... Thoughts?

It's an auction of sorts - and one that we don't necessarily hear about.

The money offered to Foles by any given team is comparable to how much that team is willing to give to the Eagles in picks and/or players.  But not always. 

The 'Auction' price will depend on how many teams are genuinely interested and what those teams can offer the Eagles. 

One thing is for sure ... this is a rather unprecedented situation.  And I'm still questioning that whole Garoppolo trade anyway.  I don't why the Pats would leave themselves short that close to the post season when they didn't have to ... unless the Alpha male Brady wanted him out of there. 

They might have sold him for unders in which case a mid 2nd round draft pick (as it turned out) was not Garoppolo's true value.

2 minutes ago, Macca said:

It's an auction of sorts - and one that we don't necessarily hear about.

Good point. So it has to do with what everyone else is offering. I'll brace myself for an early second rounder and be thrilled with a mid first rounder then.

19 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

Good point. So it has to do with what everyone else is offering. I'll brace myself for an early second rounder and be thrilled with a mid first rounder then.

It depends on how one views drafting ... some only want to view 'best case scenario'  as if it's an exact science and busts are just team blunders. 

Me ... I like to keep things real. In a seller's market the Eagles could expect a first round pick.  But only if it is a seller's market.

Edited by Macca

The Eagles may not want to sell him but if they can't promise him opportunities they probably have to let him go ... and then Foles & the team he wants to go to are possibly in a position of strength.  Foles won't want to just play for anyone. 

Not only is this situation unprecedented but it's also complicated. 

1 minute ago, Macca said:

It dwpends on how one views drafting ... some only want to view 'best case scenario'  as if it's an exact science and busts are just team blunders. 

Me ... I like to keep things real. In a seller's market the Eagles could expect a first round pick.  But only if it is a seller's market.

Sure. I think though you can take a stab at market value. Nothing wrong with giving it a range. Say pick 20-40 or whatever. That covers the "inexactness" of it. Take into account that the Eagles traded everything they had just about, in exchange for Bradford in the first place, then the pick that got Wentz. There were pro bowl corners, and Defensive rookie of the year linebackers in there, along with all the Eagles second rounders and third rounders... It was so much fireworks. To be able to say at the end of it all that they traded Bradford for the first round pick (Barnett) that snaffled the turnover that won them a superbowl... AND they traded a journeyman free agent backup QB for a second and third rounder (that they currently have neither of)... it's a great bit of list management magic.

Howie has been crowned manager of the year, and for good reason. So one could assume he'd get market value for him. As you say though, there are THAT many variables. Including the wishes of Foles himself which we'll likely never know. I think you'll find of course that like everyone, even after a fairytale year, the Eagles have needs all over the place. Tackle, RB (Blount, Smallwood and Pumphrey out), Middle linebacker, and most of the secondary. And they need WR depth.

2 minutes ago, Macca said:

Not only is this situation unprecedented but it's also complicated. 

Is it completely unprecedented? There have been backups do things like this in the past. I remember Eagles had a guy who backed up McNabb, Garcia, who got them to the playoffs and a Wild Card win. After the season was over, the Eagles just let him walk. He started at whatever club he went to, from memory, for a couple of years. So that sort of thing could happen again. But yeah, I guess superbowl MVPs.... whole different kettle of fish.

I find this stuff super exciting... I actually find the AFL system a bit of a let down. We have first rounders everyone loves considering. Then second rounders people start yawning. Then after that no-one really cares until their club picks, and even then nobody knows who these kids are. NFL is great though. You can see picks being used up to 3 years after you see a player traded, making the implications reach potentially years into the future and past. Yet another thing they get right for the fans.

3 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

Sure. I think though you can take a stab at market value. Nothing wrong with giving it a range. Say pick 20-40 or whatever. That covers the "inexactness" of it. Take into account that the Eagles traded everything they had just about, in exchange for Bradford in the first place, then the pick that got Wentz. There were pro bowl corners, and Defensive rookie of the year linebackers in there, along with all the Eagles second rounders and third rounders... It was so much fireworks. To be able to say at the end of it all that they traded Bradford for the first round pick (Barnett) that snaffled the turnover that won them a superbowl... AND they traded a journeyman free agent backup QB for a second and third rounder (that they currently have neither of)... it's a great bit of list management magic.

Howie has been crowned manager of the year, and for good reason. So one could assume he'd get market value for him. As you say though, there are THAT many variables. Including the wishes of Foles himself which we'll likely never know. I think you'll find of course that like everyone, even after a fairytale year, the Eagles have needs all over the place. Tackle, RB (Blount, Smallwood and Pumphrey out), Middle linebacker, and most of the secondary. And they need WR depth.

To me a top player is worth at least 2 first round picks in the NFL ... based on the assumption that nearly half of all first round draft picks are either busts or near busts (average player)

But that top player must not have too much mileage in his legs.  The older the top player, the less his value in terms of picks. 

I've always viewed drafting as a numbers game where you play the percentages ... there's no room for silly faith,  over-the-top hope or ill-founded belief systems.  Busts happen and they always will - and those busts can't be predicted either.

So how do we grade Foles? 

He's had one good year and one stellar playoff series.  Is he a big occasion player like Eli or Flacco.  Hard to measure that but probably. 

I might grade him as a 2nd rounder plus a 3rd rounder but again,  the variables are there and teams will often pay overs.  My gut feeling is that a first rounder will be forthcoming. 

But the agreed club that wants him may not have the right numbered first draft pick so it could end up being a complicated trade (if a trade happens) And Foles will want to have to go to that club if that's how the trade starts off. 

14 minutes ago, Macca said:

But the agreed club that wants him may not have the right numbered first draft pick so it could end up being a complicated trade (if a trade happens) And Foles will want to have to go to that club if that's how the trade starts off. 

Yeah. Also, as with the Garcia comparison... 6 months ago... hell, 6 weeks ago he was viewed as a backup and not worth anything at all in a trade. Trading partners will raise that fact as a way to drive the price down a tad.

1 minute ago, Dappa Dan said:

Yeah. Also, as with the Garcia comparison... 6 months ago... hell, 6 weeks ago he was viewed as a backup and not worth anything at all in a trade. Trading partners will raise that fact as a way to drive the price down a tad.

Bottom line ...

Foles = MVP in a Super Bowl (plus starred in an NFC Championship game)

His value will depend a lot on how a perspective club views that achievement.  It should also be remembered that some players do blossom late.  It's as if a light goes on in the said players head. 

The confidence in himself that Pederson instilled in Foles could be ongoing.  I'd like to see Foles given the chance to go on with it. 

What you get for Foles is something that is of high interest for Eagles fans. 

1 minute ago, Macca said:

What you get for Foles is something that is of high interest for Eagles fans. 

Yeah. I love that he's this oddity now. He could go on to have a glittering career. And will always be loved by Philly fans. Weird.

3 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

Yeah. I love that he's this oddity now. He could go on to have a glittering career. And will always be loved by Philly fans. Weird.

As previously discussed ... the great thing about the NFL is the parity and how a team can rise quickly. 

But the window that opens up needs to be taken advantage of ... in the recent past we've seen some make only 1 Super Bowl and win (Packers,  Ravens,  Saints) whilst some others have made 1 Super Bowl and haven't won (49ers,  Falcons, Panthers,  Arizona,  Bears)  And then we have the Patriots or those that get to 2 or 3 Super Bowls in their window (Steelers 2-1 Giants 2-0 Seattle 1-2,  Denver 1-1 Colts 1-1)

Nothing can ever be taken for granted and the time to win multiple SB's for the Eagles is right now.  I could say the same thing about the Packers with a healthy Rodgers.  There's probably about 8-10 NFL clubs in the window - but only 1 team can ever win the whole thing in any given year. 

10 hours ago, Dappa Dan said:

Patriots: Pick 31. Nah. Brady didn't even shake his hand at the end of the game.

I could not believe this when I read it. What an absolute [censored]. Have some humility, but no, the goat added a new letter gwoat, greatest wankeer of all time.

3 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

I could not believe this when I read it. What an absolute [censored]. Have some humility, but no, the goat added a new letter gwoat, greatest wankeer of all time.

Pretty pathetic. I'm sure there'll be a statement or something saying he got lost in the crowd/was too devastated... bs...

• Haha 1

Foles is not worth a first. I'm not actually sure he's worth a second. He has not proven himself as a starter and while excellent this season (and in 2013?), is essentially a system QB, like most that aren't named Brady. Actually it could be argued Brady is a system QB that is unbelievably good at it.

Foles will get paid if he wants to leave to be a starter. Not sure it will work out though.

7 hours ago, Clintosaurus said:

Foles is not worth a first. I'm not actually sure he's worth a second. He has not proven himself as a starter and while excellent this season (and in 2013?), is essentially a system QB, like most that aren't named Brady. Actually it could be argued Brady is a system QB that is unbelievably good at it.

Foles will get paid if he wants to leave to be a starter. Not sure it will work out though.

Just had a knock down debate with a mate of mine about this. We settled roughly where Macca and I did in the last few days. The simple fact is, if Bradford can get a first rounder, Foles can get way more. As discussed it's all about market value and teams driving players' prices up. There's about 6 first round QBs... maybe 4 if you don't think too much of the last two... and there's about 6 QB starved teams. Players are already slotting into vacant spots. Bortles has been announced as the starter for next year. So in the current market? Yeah. He won't get traded, but not because he's only worth a 2nd or 3rd. It's precisely because he's worth more. Both as early season starter and backup to a busted up Wentz AND because... if Bradford can get a first rounder. Foles can get a first rounder. Or, say, a trade up from 32 to 15 for Arizona, or whatever. But it's likely going to be theoretical all this, until someone does a knee early next season. I feel like that's the only two things that could happen. Either he's traded somewhere in the first 8 weeks when they have a better idea on Wentz and his health, along with Sudfeld's work... Or they let him choose his club as a free agent and keep him on the list since they would feel they're threatening next year.

And the journeyman QB stuff just doesn't hold up anymore. It's now known Fisher was a disgrace of a QB coach. Foles first season starting he had a 119 passer rating. He broke a slew of records and didn't throw a pick... except one that wasn't his fault....throughout a superbowl winning run, where he beat Brady in a 500 yard game he dominated. It's all facts and decorations. Superbowl MVPs. The knocks on Foles are fading into the background. He's already achieved more than some of the big time serious names will ever achieve. I'm no massive fan of his... If you were to compare him to, say, Wilson in a trade offered tomorrow... Wilson would get THREE first rounders. So I don't think it's much to ask. And as I say... Bradford got a first rounder. Garroppolo got what could have been pick 33 or 34 in a mid season trade where he was gonna walk ANYWAY. And he had, at the time, won exactly 4 games. Foles has what Garroppolo MIGHT NEVER GET.

But yeah. I feel like we may never know. I'll be interested to see the so called journalists sensationalise the trade offers tho. Mid season trade deadline comes, Foles stays, and then watch the trade offer articles flow in. Gonna be fireworks.

Edited by Dappa Dan