Jump to content

Dappa Dan

NFL

Recommended Posts

Bills

Rams

Raiders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bills 

Raiders

Lions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JV7 said:

Bills 

Raiders

Lions

Agonised over your third one there. Went with Rams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dappa Dan said:

Agonised over your third one there. Went with Rams.

Yeah Lions haven't been great lately and GB at lambeau never easy but the no Rodgers factor tipped me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The games again ...

image.png.e4b06de4fa6bbbb2f63315e6fc21a1ba.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rams

KC

Atlanta

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Macca said:

Rams

KC

Atlanta

 

Here's a question for you Macca.

As the rule maker... is there any precedent here for a tie breaking procedure? I know we've had it in the past that it's just multiple winners... but as an idea: Two or more players end on the same amount of picks, it goes to sudden death in playoffs. You pick out of the four wild card games. If no winner decided, goes to Div round. Then Championship round. Then superbowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

Here's a question for you Macca.

As the rule maker... is there any precedent here for a tie breaking procedure? I know we've had it in the past that it's just multiple winners... but as an idea: Two or more players end on the same amount of picks, it goes to sudden death in playoffs. You pick out of the four wild card games. If no winner decided, goes to Div round. Then Championship round. Then superbowl.

Well,  in the first year we had joint winners so I'd rather leave it as it is (for continuity) Think of it like the Brownlow ... you get all those hard-earned votes (points) and whilst they used to have a countback,  they changed it to joint winners because it was deemed unfair to lose that way.  It's a good suggestion though Dappa.  Happy to revisit the discussion in the NFL off-season if you like. 

From memory, in year 1 both cowboy_from_hell & Strafford were equal leaders going into the last week but both picked up 3 points with different tips.

Extending the season proper tipping comp would effect the post-season comp as well ... that sort of just evolved because people kept tipping into the post-season (with scorelines)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Macca said:

Well,  in the first year we had joint winners so I'd rather leave it as it is (for continuity) Think of it like the Brownlow ... you get all those hard-earned votes (points) and whilst they used to have a countback,  they changed it to joint winners because it was deemed unfair to lose that way.  It's a good suggestion though Dappa.  Happy to revisit the discussion in the NFL off-season if you like. 

From memory, in year 1 both cowboy_from_hell & Strafford were equal leaders going into the last week but both picked up 3 points with different tips.

Extending the season proper tipping comp would effect the post-season comp as well ... that sort of just evolved because people kept tipping into the post-season (with scorelines)

 

I see. Didn't realise there was a post season one. Sweet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

I see. Didn't realise there was a post season one. Sweet.

No worries mate .. as I said,  happy to discuss in the off-season. 

I reckon most here would rather leave the tipping part as it is though ... the design is very simple and it's low maintenance.  Obviously a bit frustrating but that's the fun of it. 

By the way,  I reckon the Lions are a big chance but I just couldn't pick against the Packers - not against a divisional rival anyway.  My Detroit supporting mate knows he's going to cop some grief if they don't defeat a Rodgers-less Packers though. 

Is your game against the Broncos a trap game or do the Eagles just keep on their winning ways?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Macca said:

Is your game against the Broncos a trap game or do the Eagles just keep on their winning ways?

I'm usually glass half empty. I talked friends out of picking the Eagles last week against San Fran, as I thought they'd get to Wentz with their front 7. Which they did. But I didn't realise how bad San Fran were.

This week is way scarier. Wentz won't be able to pass as easily, and they have Von Miller. But oddly, I feel better about it than I did San Fran. Based mostly on the fat that Brock Osweiller is playing. The Eagles D has been absolutely outstanding, even though Wentz has got all the press. I feel like it might be the same as last week. A game where the Eagles screw up for the first half, but are bailed out by the D. Then they just lean on them to close the game out.

8-1. MVP level QB. Ajayi. It's all getting a bit Richmond.

Edited by Dappa Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eagles will be fine. Denvers D is great but their O is so poor the D gets worn out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Horrible news of true

 

It's true. Kap is going to be working out for the Texans.

This week's picks:

Rams

Raiders

Lions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's insane. So freaking sad. Had he kept going he would have been an MP threat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God damn it Bills...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dappa Dan said:

God damn it Bills...

It's always fraught with danger including the Thursday night game in one's tips but I can't see anyone getting 3 right this week anyway ... but you never know. 

There may be a few 0 for 3's though ... that should be worth half a point! :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Macca said:

It's always fraught with danger including the Thursday night game in one's tips but I can't see anyone getting 3 right this week anyway ... but you never know. 

There may be a few 0 for 3's though ... that should be worth half a point! :ph34r:

Rieeeght?!!

And yeah. I tell you what tho... One surefire way to get no points this week is to be out of it on Friday. What it was was a classic case of me thinking the Bills and Jets are no good... but also thinking the Bills keep winning so very timidly picking them, and they absolutely humiliate themselves. They're the Freo of tipping.

What say you on Watson? The starting 22 on IR would be a helluva team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dappa Dan said:

Rieeeght?!!

And yeah. I tell you what tho... One surefire way to get no points this week is to be out of it on Friday. What it was was a classic case of me thinking the Bills and Jets are no good... but also thinking the Bills keep winning so very timidly picking them, and they absolutely humiliate themselves. They're the Freo of tipping.

What say you on Watson? The starting 22 on IR would be a helluva team.

It's just such a real shame ... the kid has shown real star quality and I hope he recovers well and recaptures his form.  A non contact injury too yeah?

I see that the Pats have picked up Hoyer as back up to Brady. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Macca said:

It's just such a real shame ... the kid has shown real star quality and I hope he recovers well and recaptures his form.  A non contact injury too yeah?

I see that the Pats have picked up Hoyer as back up to Brady. 

Yeah he was included as part of the deal but there was some salary cap reason why they had to let him hit waivers before taking him.

And yeah. The NFL without Watson and Rodgers. Ugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dappa Dan said:

Yeah he was included as part of the deal but there was some salary cap reason why they had to let him hit waivers before taking him.

And yeah. The NFL without Watson and Rodgers. Ugh.

Houston can still win that division but they're without J J Watt as well. 

The Packers would need the Vikes to fall away and we'd absolutely need to defeat the Lions this week (and Hundley would need to show something)

A lot of if's & but's.  Too many in fact. 

Having said that the Lions continue to disappoint.  They get opportunities and they keep blowing those chances.

If someone had have told me at the start of the season that the Vikings will win the division with Case Keenum as their QB,  I would have had a good laugh. 

But here we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Macca said:

But here we are.

Agreed. I watched him and had to grundgingly say he's managing the game as he should. I sort of hope Bridgewater comes in, as an NFL fan... but sort of also don't cos I'm still behind the Eagles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going out of the tipping on the Thursday sucks haha! I was never really confident in the Bills, the Jets aren't that bad. Shocking news for Watson, it's bad enough missing the rest of this season but when you do an acl and the following year is basically gone too, an even bitter pill to swallow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dappa Dan said:

Agreed. I watched him and had to grundgingly say he's managing the game as he should. I sort of hope Bridgewater comes in, as an NFL fan... but sort of also don't cos I'm still behind the Eagles.

Keenum is playing quite well and that's backed up by his numbers.  It's just a bit unexpected.  His QBR is 88.8 which places him 16th and he's not far off the top 10 with that rating.

The Vikes almost certainly would have thought it was going to be a choice between Bradford and a returning Bridgewater.   Rodgers is out indefinitely and the Lions are the Lions. 

However,  Minnesota have got a tough 5 weeks coming up ... @ Washington,  vs Rams,  @ Detroit,  @ Atlanta and then @ the Panthers.  It's not over yet but 9 wins might win the division.  The Bears could win 4 more (maybe 5) but that probably won't be enough.  Much will depend on whether Detroit can get their act together.  

 

 

 

 

 

.

Edited by Macca

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×