Dappa Dan

NFL

Gorgoroth    5,431
2 hours ago, layzie said:

The Panthers are a weird one. I wasn't that impressed with them in week 1. They may well have the most fierce defense around though and Luke Kuechly is back to his old self.

With Olsen now out for 6-8 weeks and Newtons arm no where near as good as it was, I'm very wary on how their offence will go.

JV7    1,384
4 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Falcons were always going to be a weird one really season as no one knew how badly the loss last year scared them. Panthers wwent to a heap after their loss. 

Yeah true, I have a sense that the team has "embraced the suck" as was their motto in the off season and will take it in their stride this season.. Obviously won't be proven right or wrong until seasons end but only 2 sides have ever lost the SB and returned to win it the following year.... We are only the 4th side in history to lose the SB and winning the opening 2 games next season, it's a start! 

• Like 1

Gorgoroth    5,431
2 hours ago, JV7 said:

Yeah true, I have a sense that the team has "embraced the suck" as was their motto in the off season and will take it in their stride this season.. Obviously won't be proven right or wrong until seasons end but only 2 sides have ever lost the SB and returned to win it the following year.... We are only the 4th side in history to lose the SB and winning the opening 2 games next season, it's a start! 

Ryan is playing well, Jones is a star but I've been super impressed with your running game. O-line is playing well and opening good holes. The D is getting the job done. There is a lot to like. 

• Like 1

Macca    3,368

JV has shot to an early lead in the tipping comp ... Dappa also picked up a big 2 points as well.  Shouda gone for the Titans - shouda, couda, wouda.

This week and next (weeks 3 & 4) we're playing for 1 point only but as you well know, every point counts.  Wide open this week though ... just gotta get the right 3.  Good luck!  Remember - get ya tips in early.

There's a few decent match-ups again but the pick of 'em might be the Falcons @ Detroit (early Sunday)  SNF & MNF look the goods too.  Thursday night is a big game for the Rams but the 49ers will be desperate for a win.  Could be a close one.

Leaderboard in the comp

3 - JV7

2 - Dappa Dan

1 - Go the Biff,  Clintosaurus,  Macca

0 - The rest

image.thumb.png.81ab1234595c7b2864859fe329e4039a.png

• Like 1

Macca    3,368

Kansas City

Pittsburgh

Oakland

Macca    3,368
19 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Wow, you guys are tipping early. 

There's any number of possible's this week ... including your Rams on Friday (our time)  The Ravens,  Seattle,  Dallas,  Miami,  the Falcons & the Broncos all have decent claims too. 

I read somewhere that Bradford has bruising on the bone in his knee so he's very doubtful.  Which means Tampa could be a real show as well.

Edited by Macca

JV7    1,384
25 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Wow, you guys are tiping early. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it ;) I know a lot can change between now and monday but I get in early before I forget

• Like 2

Gorgoroth    5,431
10 hours ago, Macca said:

There's any number of possible's this week ... including your Rams on Friday (our time)  The Ravens,  Seattle,  Dallas,  Miami,  the Falcons & the Broncos all have decent claims too. 

I read somewhere that Bradford has bruising on the bone in his knee so he's very doubtful.  Which means Tampa could be a real show as well.

I'm half tempted to tip the Rams... super worried that we won't have fixed the D vs the run. Got smashed on Sunday. 

What I have seen from the niners hasn't been great but if was wet in the last game so hard to go by that game.

I did read that the Rams have 5 offensive TD's, rest of the NFC West has a combined 4...

ha ha