Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

NFL

Dappa Dan

8 hours ago, Macca said:

Brady at the latest press conference with gloves on ... would the Pats go that far to try and fool people?  Maybe. 

My guess it's a thumb injury and it's in some sort of cast/bandaging.  And thumb injuries can be nasty & painful.  If he needs to take a painkiller then his throws could be off - especially the deep throws. 

The story isn't going away Gorg.

If im a jags player id go to him at the start of the game and offer a handshake then tell him I'll be hitting it all game and first chance id smash it hard, cop.the personal foul and move on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

If im a jags player id go to him at the start of the game and offer a handshake then tell him I'll be hitting it all game and first chance id smash it hard, cop.the personal foul and move on.

The Jags may have had it in mind to go at Brady hard anyway ... it's always an option.  There might be nothing much wrong with his hand but he'll almost certainly get tested and feel the heat. 

17 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

It would nearly be worth an 11 man blitz and just slam him. ?

Ha ha ha!

A 15 yard penalty doesn't ever seem to be a big enough deterrent for what can be quite a deliberate,  violent act.  All things considered. 

The latest with Brady is that he cut his hand at Wednesday practice.  And because it's the Pats it becomes a larger-than-life story.  Regardless,  the Jags are the kings at sacking the QB so Brady will almost certainly cop some late hits.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Macca said:

Ha ha ha!

A 15 yard penalty doesn't ever seem to be a big enough deterrent for what can be quite a deliberate,  violent act.  All things considered. 

The latest with Brady is that he cut his hand at Wednesday practice.  And because it's the Pats it becomes a larger-than-life story.  Regardless,  the Jags are the kings at sacking the QB so Brady will almost certainly cop some late hits.

I’m actually quite bullish on the Jags. I think they can beat the Pats.

If they stay with the pats early and their D causes havoc at the line then they have a cracking chance.

• Like 1

Zebras can get [censored] - one penalty against the Pats (on a punt return). Clearly they never hold. Cheats were also smiling after a Pats TD - they don't even try to hide it.

Poor play calling in the second half cost us. Will not be watching the Superbowl. Could not give a [censored]. Hopefully either Philly or Minnesota win it and destroy Brady. Nothing wrong with his hand.

17 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Fletchee cox could be the most important eagle of all. If he wreaks havoc on their O-line

We love Big Cox in Philly. And he's certainly turned up already.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

I can't believe what I'm seeing. Doug Petersen for coach of the year.

Good luck to the Eagles in 2 weeks. Savour every minute of it. Hope your boys get the Vince - zebras permitting of course!!

1 hour ago, Macca said:

Foles must have played some sort of game!  Radio only here

Perfect passer rating. Some of his passes were exactly that. About 4-5 times he threw guys open.

2 hours ago, Clintosaurus said:

Good luck to the Eagles in 2 weeks. Savour every minute of it. Hope your boys get the Vince - zebras permitting of course!!

Tough luck today Clint ..  a good thing beaten by the sounds of it

25 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

Perfect passer rating. Some of his passes were exactly that. About 4-5 times he threw guys open.

Good on him! 

And well done on getting to the SB ... hope you win!

19 minutes ago, Macca said:

Good on him! 

Actually I lied. He was on perfect til the last few passes in junk time. Ended on 141. Still pretty amazing for a player like him. At one point 8/10 on third down against the best 3rd down team in history. Remarkable.

Mate I'm pumped. What a day.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Macca said:

Good on him! 

Myles Jack forced a fumble at 20-10, recovered and was not down by contact but the play was ruled dead as he is on his way to the house. Would have made it 27-10 and probably out of the Pats reach with 12 minutes to go. Should have been allowed to continue and use the booth to review it. Should still have won but officials always help the Pats when they need it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

Myles Jack forced a fumble at 20-10, recovered and was not down by contact but the play was ruled dead as he is on his way to the house. Would have made it 27-10 and probably out of the Pats reach with 12 minutes to go. Should have been allowed to continue and use the booth to review it. Should still have won but officials always help the Pats when they need it.

I thought it was cos he took possession while on the ground and still touching the WR he snatched it from?

The regular season tipping comp winner makes a move ...

Leaderboard in the Comp (post-season)

7 - Clintosaurus,  Macca

6 - Go the Biff

4 - Dappa Dan

3 - JV7,  Gorgoroth

3 points up for grabs for the Super Bowl and up to 4 people can still win (either outright or shared)  Podium spots are still open for all participants.

My heart never rules my head with the horses but with team tipping comps I'm often the opposite.  I don't particularly like tipping and then barracking for teams that I despise! 

Congrats @Dappa Dan. See, the world hasn’t ended with Wentz going down.

@Clintosaurus, tough luck today. I thought you guys played well but a small mistake here and there and Brady being clutch on 3&18. I honestly didn’t think the refs were bad, but you are right, 50/50’s vs pats get called against you and not called for them, but All top teams in all comps get the same, no dif to playing Man U where your team found all game and their players never do.

7 hours ago, Clintosaurus said:

I've watched the incident a number of times Clint and I believe that when Myles Jack finally gained complete control of the ball he wasn't touched when he was on the ground ... he should have been free to run downfield after getting to his feet but the whistle intervened.  A bad call. 

Another absolutely vital turn of events was the delay of game by the Jags late in the 2nd period - snap the ball a split second earlier and the Jags may have increased their 17-3 lead at the half.  Instead of that happening,  the Pats get the ball back,  Gronc cops a helmet to helmet (15 yard penalty) and then the Pats get a 'Questionable' pass interference call their way and before you know it,  it's a 17-10 half time score. It's not only a game of inches but also a game of milliseconds.

I was listened to the game on Jacksonville radio and they were going absolutely ballistic.

You've got to get the 1 seed in this sport - it's obviously not entirely essential but home field allows for home town decisions.  And to get to the 1 seed a team normally needs a top-rate QB.  I reckon Bortles did reasonably well, all things considered. 

Edited by Macca

32 minutes ago, Macca said:

I've watched the incident a number of times Clint and I believe that when Myles Jack finally gained complete control of the ball he wasn't touched when he was on the ground ... he should been free to run downfield after getting to his feet but the whistle intervened.  A bad call. 

Another absolutely vital turn of events was the delay of game by the Jags late in the 2nd period - snap the ball a split second earlier and the Jags may have increased their 17-3 lead at the half.  Instead of that happening,  the Pats get the ball back,  Gronc cops a helmet to helmet (15 yard penalty) and then the Pats get a 'Questionable' pass interference call their way and before you know it,  it's a 17-10 half time score. It's not only a game of inches but also a game of milliseconds.

I was listened to the game on Jacksonville radio and they were going absolutely ballistic.

You've got to get the 1 seed in this sport - it's obviously not entirely essential but home field allows for home town decisions.  And to get to the 1 seed a team normally needs a top-rate QB.  I reckon Bortles did reasonably well, all things considered. 

I thought the PI call was right, his hand grabs around the neck area. 

Sometimes that won’t get called but I wasn’t surprised it did especially as it was a pats player.

Agree on that delay of game, especially out of a timeout. That was poor and costly.

I don’t want to play the jags next year.

• Like 1

@Gorgoroth@Macca@Clintosaurus

Can they do it? I'm actually (understandably) more confident now in what the Eagles are producing than i was before the first playoff or today's game. Putting aside out tips for a second... I reckon Brady aside, the Eagles list is better all round than Pats.

• Like 1

Just now, Gorgoroth said:

I thought the PI call was right, his hand grabs around the neck area. 

Sometimes that won’t get called but I wasn’t surprised it did especially as it was a pats player.

Agree on that delay of game, especially out of a timeout. That was poor and costly.

I don’t want to play the jags next year.

Being in the NFC we only get to play the good AFC teams once every 4 years ... have you got the Jags next year?  If so you'll also get the Titans,  Colts & Texans.

Agree on that pass interference call ... upon viewing it a number of times the DE overdid the shepherding/pushing.  That fumble should have been allowed to be returned though. 

Delay of game was unforgivable against a team like the Pats.

• Like 1