• Latest Podcast: Brad Green

Sign in to follow this  
Dappa Dan

Bruce hammy?

On MMM Doc Peter larkins has suggested Bruce has nicked his hammy, which explains why he left the ground late in the last.

Opens the door for a number of youngsters. Bail/Gysberts?

Bad luck for Bruce but a good opportunity for someone else to come in.

Yeah saw this. Bravely kept going until the ball was out of the area so he could come off.

If he's injured it paves the way for Bail, McNamara, Cheney, Gysberts and/or Strauss. But I feel there will be other players out of the team this week.

There are a lot of people on this site who have claimed over the years that we're a better team without Bruce in the side. Now we'll get to see if they're right.

Well there's an obvious replacement in Morton to come in for next week. After 2 games at Casey he should be ready.

As much as I hate to say this.....

We will be better off if he misses next week.

Why do you say that, is it because of the 10 turnovers he was involved in or just his poor disposal generally?.

... Bail/Gysberts?

Flip a coin on that one. Bail has been great in the games he has played and watching Gysberts at Casey he has impressed me also, although I feel Gysberts will be in the side later in the year. In saying that MacDonald might be back in the side next week, to replace Bruce...

Bate was injured too . did ankle in the first quarter. Davey had concussion in the second. Casey had a big win so there could be some changes...hopefully Gysberts. Wonna kicked a couple and they me pick him for his 'home town' match in Darwin.

Why do you say that, is it because of the 10 turnovers he was involved in or just his poor disposal generally?.

Should have come and seat next to me. Could have helped me take on the mole to my left who kept bitching that we shouldn't complain about our players making mistakes, even if those players have been around for 200 games. Oh the rage!

We shouldn't ever be happy that one of our own is injured, but this is an exciting opportunity that we probably wouldn't have got to witness anytime soon since Bruce seems to be an untouchable.

So nobody heard the opinions of the commentators and Dr. Larkins that it was just a cramp? Jeez.

Both and the fact he handballs to a teammate in a worse position to stop himself from taking a tackle

So nobody heard the opinions of the commentators and Dr. Larkins that it was just a cramp? Jeez.

After the game they confirmed that he pinged the hamstrings. Larkins said 2-3 week injury.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Should have come and seat next to me. Could have helped me take on the mole to my left who kept bitching that we shouldn't complain about our players making mistakes

Charming. :rolleyes:

he kicked it out on the full. classic case of holding the hamstring as an excuse for a huge clanger. should be dropped for a young kid. give gysberts his first taste. johnson out for dunn. morton and wonna in for hughes and bennel.

he kicked it out on the full. classic case of holding the hamstring as an excuse for a huge clanger. should be dropped for a young kid. give gysberts his first taste. johnson out for dunn. morton and wonna in for hughes and bennel.

Hughes is a bit stiff to be dropped, Bennell is showing signs but it just does not look like he is going to break the pack anytime soon (dont get me wrong, I love watching the young man play).... May be Bate missing out due to his ankle. Either way looks like great ins :)

IN - Gysberts, Morton

OUT - Johnson, Bruce

Sound good?

IN - Gysberts, Morton

OUT - Johnson, Bruce

Sound good?

+ Wonaeamirri, Wonaeamirri, Wonaeamirri, Wonaeamirri, Wonaeamirri :D

Hughes is a bit stiff to be dropped, Bennell is showing signs but it just does not look like he is going to break the pack anytime soon (dont get me wrong, I love watching the young man play).... May be Bate missing out due to his ankle. Either way looks like great ins :)

Just doesn't make sense to me to drop young forwards when the main problem is getting smashed in the clearances whenever Jamar isn't able to give the mids an armchair ride, combined with absolutely terrible delivery into the forward line.

HFFs - even those with much more experience than Hughes & Bennell - will always struggle in that situation.

Some of our senior mids only seem to be effective if our ruck is dominating, which IMO is a serious concern into the future.

Guest sharp450

Should have come and seat next to me. Could have helped me take on the mole to my left who kept bitching that we shouldn't complain about our players making mistakes, even if those players have been around for 200 games. Oh the rage!

:lol: I know what you mean Jaded, had an idiot like that sitting near me, it could have been her husband. I hope you told the old biddy to mind her own business, i did :)

I particularly appreciated Bruce's 2 attempts to deliver the ball inside 50 in the first quarter under minimal pressure when the tone of the game is set. Have not seen a skew wiff torpedo pass for some time.

Bruce was building some nice form. He will be given a few weeks off to heal.

Bater didnt look right, he too will be given some time off.

Add PJ to that list (omitted)

We shouldn't ever be happy that one of our own is injured, but this is an exciting opportunity that we probably wouldn't have got to witness anytime soon since Bruce seems to be an untouchable.

You meant "moll" of course.

mole