Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

UFC

Summer Blease

So you went to 110 did you? Awesome, tickets were 300?? Jeez... how did you go about purchasing your tickets? I checked out the UFC fight club and it says presale can only be bought for Canadian or US event..?? I signed up for the ticketmaster early list, whatever that is, and apparently Stubhub deal with UFC directly so i'm checking out their site also.

How was the view from 25 rows back? Did the cage obscure your view at all?

i think they were about $275 and it was a great view. with some of the grappling you had to look at the screen as it was a little hard to see some submission moves. last year fight club gave access to tickets through ticketmaster a day before they went on sale to general public and we literally had our pick of any seats. i don't see why it would be any different this year, but i'll see what i can find out just to be sure.

ok so the word around the campfire is that they will give a members code to buy tickets to the sydney ufc but it might happen as late as the morning of the ticket sales. i had a mate buy them last year who is a member and he said some members had the same stress last year about it being only the u.s and canada. i THINK it will be the same.

At the post fight press conference, Dana was ranting and non too pleased about Rampage's reaction. Said he clearly won 2 rounds to 1, and didn't understand why Rampage had his head down and claimed he got his arse whooped. Rampage was late and walked in during this dig, he calmly sat down and explained himself, said to pay no attention to what he said after the fight, he was smashed in the 3rd, took some hard hits and "he just landed a flurry, on my face" and because of that he forgot about what happened in the first 2 rounds and thought he lost. Still gave a lot of respect to Machida.

Dana said there would not be a rematch.

I'd love to see a rematch, Machida practically did nothing but run for the first 2 rounds then came out like a hurricane in the 3rd and seriously rocked Rampage. Given a rematch, I'm sure Machida's 3rd round would happen in the first. Not sure Jackson could handle that, especially if there's a few more leg-kicks thrown in the mix.

Phil Davis on the under-card looked super impressive, very keen on seeing who he fights next.

I'd love to see a rematch, Machida practically did nothing but run for the first 2 rounds then came out like a hurricane in the 3rd and seriously rocked Rampage. Given a rematch, I'm sure Machida's 3rd round would happen in the first. Not sure Jackson could handle that, especially if there's a few more leg-kicks thrown in the mix.

Phil Davis on the under-card looked super impressive, very keen on seeing who he fights next.

I'd like to see it too, but doubt it will happen, Dana knows marketing, and knows Rampage is a drawcard, so some top contender type match (Rampage v Bones/Bader?) will be on his mind... I like watching Rampage whatever the case. Machida too, just not when he's in ultra defensive mode.

Can a mod move this to the sport section?

Anyone catch ep 11 & 12 of TUF?

Nam Pham didn't do himself any favours the night before the fight.... talk about gassing yourself out!

Hahah good stuff, what a series.... favourites for the finale?

Anyone catch ep 11 & 12 of TUF?

Nam Pham didn't do himself any favours the night before the fight.... talk about gassing yourself out!

Hahah good stuff, what a series.... favourites for the finale?

I hope Brookins chokes Johnson, could go either way though. Johnson looks scary as hell when he bothers to explode, although being cocky and letting blokes up just to take them down again will come back to bite him sooner or later.

Finale should be up any minute...

Why didn't they show Jeff Lentz punch Spencer Paige in the face in the backyard as advertised? Spewin.

As for Nam, he's going to be fighting at featherweight in the UFC, reckon he'll go far.

Finale is up booooiy!!!

Yeah, disappointed I didn't get to see the backyard biffo I was promised at the end of the first ep... what's up with that? Usually when there is a punch up outside of the octagon it results in instant disqualification.. maybe they decided to brush over it and pretend it never happened.... I really don't know.

In any case Koscheck should have been thrown off for starting the male nurse... He has to be the thickest bloke going around!

Took great joy in none of team Koscheck making it to the finale, only thing to top that is when GSP knocks his arse out!

Nam Phan to fight featherweight? Is that the same division Aldo is coming into? Anyway I was impressed with Nam Phan, I think Johnson pulled one out of the bag though, his standup was wild and unrelenting, he found a couple of new levels and if he can fight the same he is a real chance. In saying that though Brookins has been my favourite since his first fight, he has awesome Judo.

Well d/l now, 1.4gb file... should be done by 12 FFS!! No spoilers.. i'll check back here Monday evening..

Spoilers below...

Nam was effin ripped. I love this sport, but sometimes the judging just makes me wonder wtf I bother. The MMA world in general, not just the UFC need to do something about it as Joe Rogan said.

I mean this isn't just about a win and a loss, these men and women fight for their living. It's just completely ridiculous to think they can train for 2 months, go in and put their safety on the line, clearly dominate their opponent, then go home with a losers paycheck.

And in Nam's case it wasn't even that bs line "never leave it in the hands of the judges", it's not his fault Garcia can't be knocked out. Nam landed beautiful power punches to the head and body, and landed great combos, you can't do much more than that.

Brookins has heart, no stand up, but damn he took a beating and came back strong. Worthy winner, and the obvious flaws he has in his stand up will be easily ironed out, especially because he is already very disciplined.

The rest of the night was a bit lacklustre for me, Maia looked good, but then I can't remember the last time Grove won.

GSP knock Kos out? I hope so! GSP fights bore me to tears (except when Matt Serra belted him) so I'd love him to actually finish one for once, Koscheck has done himself no favours bad mouthing GSP, I think it'll help GSP being that angry.

However, for entertainments sake, I'm predicting Josh by KO early first round. I think GSP fans would riot whilst crying.

Bring on Sunday arvo!

GSP knock Kos out? I hope so! GSP fights bore me to tears (except when Matt Serra belted him) so I'd love him to actually finish one for once, Koscheck has done himself no favours bad mouthing GSP, I think it'll help GSP being that angry.

However, for entertainments sake, I'm predicting Josh by KO early first round. I think GSP fans would riot whilst crying.

Bring on Sunday arvo!

I've tried to like Kos.................. but then he opens his mouth. fair dinkum what a tool. unlike you i like GSP fights, his wrestling is unbelievable, but i have a feeling Kos will win this also and we'll never hear the end of it.

Nam was effin ripped. I love this sport, but sometimes the judging just makes me wonder wtf I bother. The MMA world in general, not just the UFC need to do something about it as Joe Rogan said.

I mean this isn't just about a win and a loss, these men and women fight for their living. It's just completely ridiculous to think they can train for 2 months, go in and put their safety on the line, clearly dominate their opponent, then go home with a losers paycheck.

And in Nam's case it wasn't even that bs line "never leave it in the hands of the judges", it's not his fault Garcia can't be knocked out. Nam landed beautiful power punches to the head and body, and landed great combos, you can't do much more than that.

Brookins has heart, no stand up, but damn he took a beating and came back strong. Worthy winner, and the obvious flaws he has in his stand up will be easily ironed out, especially because he is already very disciplined.

The rest of the night was a bit lacklustre for me, Maia looked good, but then I can't remember the last time Grove won.

Bring on Sunday arvo!

Agree with all that, Maia's standup has improved a little. Lets be honest though, all those middle weights are merely waiting for Silver to retire- Sonnen proved that the man just isn't human!

God I hope GSP knocks the crap out of Koscheck- one for the good guys! Imagine that douchbag (my favourite American insult) with the belt. God help us all!!

On a sort of related note I am going to start MMA training in Narre Warren next year. Excited!

Nice little picture I found on the Internets... wish I could do work like this-

post-5796-129185296514_thumb.jpg

That is brilliant, just brilliant. Though I'm not sure how Jardine got a gig...

Look at Chuck begging for one more round of punching Tito in the face.

LOL@ the pile of cash to lure Fedor.

Poor Hendo out the door, come back!

124 discussion below

Great fights.

But I'll get my only negative out of the way. GSP, great fighter no doubt, best 170 pounder too, but please spare me the best pound for pound fighter in the world garbage.

The best fighters finish fights, GSP scores and survives, a skill for sure, but the universal love for this guy and the 'best p4p' stuff drives me nuts.

He couldn't finish a pure striker in Hardy even though he had his arm for 15 minutes.

He couldn't knock out / down a rubbish Koscheck who has a glass jaw, and only had one eye.

I can't even remember the last fight he finished, at least his fans are guaranteed 25 minutes.

His stand up was superb though.

Koscheck hardly gave a yelp.

My boy Skyscraper Struve pulls another win out, I find him very entertaining, unco, yet has a huge heart and puts on a show. Great reversal and ground and pound. How about McCorkle's trash talking? lol

Pittbull is back, surprised that fight wasn't finished, but I'm glad to see Alves bounce back.

Bocek's triangle transition was beautiful! Crazy move.

Sean Penn... I mean Mac Danzig's lefty was a highlight.

Matt Riddell is clinically insane.

Enjoyed that card quite a bit. 125 looks good too.

124 discussion below

Great fights.

But I'll get my only negative out of the way. GSP, great fighter no doubt, best 170 pounder too, but please spare me the best pound for pound fighter in the world garbage.

The best fighters finish fights, GSP scores and survives, a skill for sure, but the universal love for this guy and the 'best p4p' stuff drives me nuts.

He couldn't finish a pure striker in Hardy even though he had his arm for 15 minutes.

He couldn't knock out / down a rubbish Koscheck who has a glass jaw, and only had one eye.

I can't even remember the last fight he finished, at least his fans are guaranteed 25 minutes.

i hear what you're saying about gsp and i agree he doesn't have natural knockout power, but even though i love guys with the ability to take out opponents with one punch, it's not the be all and end all. knockout power makes for exciting fights, but i also love watching a guy like gsp dismantle opponent after opponent who does have that knockout power, without even giving them a sniff. how many times do you hear guys say "i only have to land one big shot on him" and they never can.

i hear what you're saying about gsp and i agree he doesn't have natural knockout power, but even though i love guys with the ability to take out opponents with one punch, it's not the be all and end all. knockout power makes for exciting fights, but i also love watching a guy like gsp dismantle opponent after opponent who does have that knockout power, without even giving them a sniff. how many times do you hear guys say "i only have to land one big shot on him" and they never can.

True, and I've developed a new found respect for GSP, he probably is the smartest fighter in the world, his stategies and explanations are fascinating to hear.

I just don't buy the best pound for pound for pound stuff.

Anderson Silva has fought and finished every type of fighter there is, he has been a front runner, he has come back from a beating, he's even been bored he's that good. There's no question in my mind he's the best mixed martial artist we will all probably ever see.

The good news is GSP is talking about moving up to 185 and staying there. So the dream fight may still happen.

I guess that'd end my other dream of Anderson moving up and smashing the LHW division before he retires.

True, and I've developed a new found respect for GSP, he probably is the smartest fighter in the world, his stategies and explanations are fascinating to hear.

I just don't buy the best pound for pound for pound stuff.

Anderson Silva has fought and finished every type of fighter there is, he has been a front runner, he has come back from a beating, he's even been bored he's that good. There's no question in my mind he's the best mixed martial artist we will all probably ever see.

The good news is GSP is talking about moving up to 185 and staying there. So the dream fight may still happen.

I guess that'd end my other dream of Anderson moving up and smashing the LHW division before he retires.

Anderson Silva is a freak for sure, even if he does need to pull his head in. gsp and anderson would be the biggest fight in the ufc in recent memory and i would love to see it personally, even though the guy that moves up a weight class is always at a disadvantage imo.

btw, i am very likely to have some spare $275 tickets to ufc 127 by the end of tomorrow if anyone is interested, but they will go fast!

Damn.

I can't go. It's my brothers engagement, of course.

However I won't complain, they picked a date in between gigs I'm going to, the 127 was announced.

Will have to wait for when it hits Melbourne.

Great fights.

My boy Skyscraper Struve pulls another win out, I find him very entertaining, unco, yet has a huge heart and puts on a show. Great reversal and ground and pound. How about McCorkle's trash talking? lol

Pittbull is back, surprised that fight wasn't finished, but I'm glad to see Alves bounce back.

Bocek's triangle transition was beautiful! Crazy move.

Sean Penn... I mean Mac Danzig's lefty was a highlight.

Matt Riddell is clinically insane.

Enjoyed that card quite a bit. 125 looks good too.

First thing I need to say; Riddell hahaha OMG... gave the "Korean Zombie" a nice run for his money... have to admire a guy who gets punched in the face as much as him, yet still pushes the pace untill the last bell.... Insane, sure- Frustrating though as if he mixed up his strikes he would have had a lot more success than his ridiculous 1/2 combos... was that fight of the night? Got my vote. Fight could have gone either way, think Pearson stole it with the late takedown.

Thiago Alves back in town. He needed that win and made Howard look second rate, that was some vicious standup- he looks crisp again and strong.

Joe "daddy" Stevens... hahahah OMG... that knock out reminded me of Silva Vs Leben... knocked out by a counter jab on the back foot, classic- I hated Mac Danzig on TUF but the kid has the goods in the Octagon, can't argue with that.

Who's banging on about GSP being the best P4P fighter, the French Canadians? Silva is the best P4P fighter in the world... the guy is a f*cking superhuman freak who can literally play with his opponents (barr Sonnen) would be very interested in a GSP Silva fight, and GSP's inability to end fights will probably be the difference. Silva will destroy him in reach anyway- no contest for me.. Looking forward to Silva V Belfort.

Could possibly be interested in that spare UFC ticket you have Demon16... PM me with details? Cheers

Anderson Silva is a freak for sure, even if he does need to pull his head in. gsp and anderson would be the biggest fight in the ufc in recent memory and i would love to see it personally, even though the guy that moves up a weight class is always at a disadvantage imo.

I feel moving up a weight class is no disadvantage as compared to dropping a weight class. Cutting weight is what makes fighters weaker... I'm sure everyone loves a few extra steaks and chips! :P

First thing I need to say; Riddell hahaha OMG... gave the "Korean Zombie" a nice run for his money... have to admire a guy who gets punched in the face as much as him, yet still pushes the pace untill the last bell.... Insane, sure- Frustrating though as if he mixed up his strikes he would have had a lot more success than his ridiculous 1/2 combos... was that fight of the night? Got my vote. Fight could have gone either way, think Pearson stole it with the late takedown.

Thiago Alves back in town. He needed that win and made Howard look second rate, that was some vicious standup- he looks crisp again and strong.

Joe "daddy" Stevens... hahahah OMG... that knock out reminded me of Silva Vs Leben... knocked out by a counter jab on the back foot, classic- I hated Mac Danzig on TUF but the kid has the goods in the Octagon, can't argue with that.

Who's banging on about GSP being the best P4P fighter, the French Canadians? Silva is the best P4P fighter in the world... the guy is a f*cking superhuman freak who can literally play with his opponents (barr Sonnen) would be very interested in a GSP Silva fight, and GSP's inability to end fights will probably be the difference. Silva will destroy him in reach anyway- no contest for me.. Looking forward to Silva V Belfort.

Could possibly be interested in that spare UFC ticket you have Demon16... PM me with details? Cheers

I think you meant Silva vs Griffen, I thought the same thing, I think Daddy should change his name to Glassjaw. At least Forest had the excuse of being beat up before an Anderson Silva jab floored him.

The Silva vs Leben fight is beautiful, I think I counted Silva landing 24 of 26 strikes. Leben landed... well, on the floor.

I hate Danzig too, he won't kill a bug but he'll knock a fella unconscious on his kids birthday? Smoked far too many bongs growing up that guy.

Riddell got owned I thought, Peirson was landing jabs all night. But I was hoping Riddell would land one of his bombs. Did you see when he broke that fellas jaw on the ultimate fighter? That was crazy.

It didn't get fight of the night, the public got to vote, and the GSP fanboys voted for GSP v Kos. Dana wasn't happy, said the public won't get to vote again because they blew it. He said he'll take care of Riddell and Peirson because that was really FOTN.

for anyone interested b.j Penn, John Fitch, aussie george etc will be in at eb games in the city signing stuff at 5pm tomorrow (thurs).

So did anyone go?

I was going to take my little cousin (as a smoke screen for wanting my stuff signed) but couldn't make it in time.