Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes this week

H_T

In- Hughes, Robertson, Cheney

Out- Miller, Whelen, Martin,

Hughes- has been playing well for casey, he has that sort of x factor, would rather see him have a crack before Newton comes back into the side.

Robertson- played well for casey on the weekend, having kicked 3 goals 6, the in e chased very well and he is a proven performer in queens birthday matches.

Cheney- was very stiff to be omitted for the stkilda game, he was in the best 2 on the weekend by far by taking 10 grabs, and having 30+ disposals.

Miller- Time For a rest at casey

Whelen- Game has gone past him, Its too quick for the wrecker im afraid.

Martin- Needs to go back to the twos and get some confidence.

Isn't Hughes a rookie? It's another couple of weeks before he can get a go.

I really want to see Jurrah get a game or two. It seems like he's settled really well in the Casey seniors now. He's playing good football consistently. Let's sit Bate out and give him a shot.

While i'd love to see Watts play this round, there's no way they'll put him in without Miller there to protect him a bit. He may be a bit of a spud, but Miller is a genuine hard nut when he needs to be, and Watts on his own is asking for trouble.

So, if Watts comes in, it'll be for one of the small forwards, probably Bate. Jurrah as an outsider to make the same swap. If they do one of these, the forward line won't have much else altered. If neither of the newby's get a go, Bell and Miller can take a bench and make way for Newton and Robbo.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Hughes a rookie? It's another couple of weeks before he can get a go.

I really want to see Jurrah get a game or two. It seems like he's settled really well in the Casey seniors now. He's playing good football consistently. Let's sit Bate out and give him a shot.

While i'd love to see Watts play this round, there's no way they'll put him in without Miller there to protect him a bit. He may be a bit of a spud, but Miller is a genuine hard nut when he needs to be, and Watts on his own is asking for trouble.

So, if Watts comes in, it'll be for one of the small forwards, probably Bate. Jurrah as an outsider to make the same swap. If they do one of these, the forward line won't have much else altered. If neither of the newby's get a go, Bell and Miller can take a bench and make way for Newton and Robbo.

So you want to drop Bate twice?

IN: Jurrah and Watts

OUT: Bate and Bate

You know, I thought Matty was getting better these last three weeks, but for two people his output just isn't there.

Send him back to Casey and tell him to stop trying to be two different people...

I think Hughes and Jurrah are further away from selection than the optimist think. Both have nice touches at VFL level. Neither had dominated at this stage and IMO are not as close to being called up.

Agree. However, I think we'll see one, if not both, by the end of the year. Hopefully with good results too.

You know, I thought Matty was getting better these last three weeks, but for two people his output just isn't there.

So did I. I've been impressed with the improvement from Bate. Just when I thought everything was going to go downhill for him, he picked his game up. Bate stays.

IN : ROBBO, CHENEY, NEWTON, VALENTI

OUT MILLER, BELL (NEVER PLAY THEM AGAIN), MARTIN, MCDONALD

Newton's last chance if he plays like he normally does then never play him again either.

Martin is not a forward and Collingwood have a small forward line so he is not needed down back.

The game has well and truely past McDonald.

IN: Jurrah, Watts, Newton, Robertson

OUT: Miller, Johnson, Bell, Whelan

Let's put a forward line in the team and see if we can kick a few goals. Be nice to show the Pies what they missed with Liam.

IN : ROBBO, CHENEY, NEWTON, VALENTI

OUT MILLER, BELL (NEVER PLAY THEM AGAIN), MARTIN, MCDONALD

Newton's last chance if he plays like he normally does then never play him again either.

Martin is not a forward and Collingwood have a small forward line so he is not needed down back.

The game has well and truely past McDonald.

I think Martin has been one of the finds for us..as a backman.. not p :angry: inch hitting as a ruckman or stop-gap forward. Leave him there to play on a tall.

IN: Jurrah, Watts, Newton, Robertson

OUT: Miller, Johnson, Bell, Whelan

Let's put a forward line in the team and see if we can kick a few goals. Be nice to show the Pies what they missed with Liam.

I was talking to a Collingwood defender on the weekend and he said to me that he hoped he never had to play on Liam, as he's never seen anyone who can get up as high as him for a mark. It would certainly be a fairytale come true for Liam to debut against the Pies, but if not, he's settling in well with the Dees and will no doubt get an opportunity soon. He has spent most of this year building up his physique and improving his fitness, and the results are starting to pay dividends. I'm probably more impatient than anyone in wanting to see him play for the Dees, but I guess a little patience is required. His time will come.

I think Martin has been one of the finds for us..as a backman.. not p :angry: inch hitting as a ruckman or stop-gap forward. Leave him there to play on a tall.

He's been great but who would he play on. We already have Warnock, Rivers and Frawley to play on Anthony, that dud Leigh Brown who else? That is the great thing about our backline we have 5 great talls (Garland to come back next year) 1 or more may have to miss out. Too bad our forward line is exactly the opposite with any dud like Miller or Newton able to get a game.

I think we're short one tall forward atm, so even if we retain Miller a tall would be handy.

Cheney, Newton, Dunn and Robertson seem to be the likely inclusions*. Leaving Robertson out of the QB match would be a big message from the selection committee.

When Newton comes back I'd like to see him told that his efforts have granted him an extended run in the senior side, providing he works hard - he needs some nurturing if he's ever going to put it together at senior level.

I can't see Jurrah getting an AFL game any time soon. I'd say Hughes would be ahead of him in the pecking order and not a bad 'roughie' for selection in the coming weeks though.

*'Watts that you say?'

He's been great but who would he play on. We already have Warnock, Rivers and Frawley to play on Anthony, that dud Leigh Brown who else? That is the great thing about our backline we have 5 great talls (Garland to come back next year) 1 or more may have to miss out. Too bad our forward line is exactly the opposite with any dud like Miller or Newton able to get a game.

Any chance you can refrain from calling Melbourne players "dud(s)"?

FCS they play AFL. One has played 120 games, the other 18. To get to that level, you can't be a 'dud'.

Suggest maybe 'NQR'.....which has been used before.

Some of the language by posters who probably haven't even played football, let alone AFL.....is quite atrocious at times.

FCS they play AFL. One has played 120 games, the other 20. To get to that level, you can't be a 'dud'.

Some of the language by posters who probably haven't even played football, let alone AFL.....is quite atrocious at times.

Fair point HT, most of us here probably couldn't get a kick in a pen of black cattle!

Seeing as though winning isn't important this year, I'd play this forward line this week. 0 goals in a half is pathetic so we need to radically transform the line.

HF Sylvia Juice Watts

F Jurrah Robbo Maric

But I know Jurrah won't debut while Watts is a possibility. I also know Bate will not be dropped.

I think Bate and Miller should both pay the consequences for contributing a grand total of 1 goal between them for the game.

I was talking to a Collingwood defender on the weekend and he said to me that he hoped he never had to play on Liam, as he's never seen anyone who can get up as high as him for a mark. It would certainly be a fairytale come true for Liam to debut against the Pies, but if not, he's settling in well with the Dees and will no doubt get an opportunity soon. He has spent most of this year building up his physique and improving his fitness, and the results are starting to pay dividends. I'm probably more impatient than anyone in wanting to see him play for the Dees, but I guess a little patience is required. His time will come.

Great to see you still around Rudey. You buying the dee's memebership next year i hope...

Can i ask you a few questions about hopefully a decent future MFC player in Liam?

How is Liam going with it all? I am sure there are bouts of home sickness and all but is the club looking after him in that sense?

Also how is he coping with the colder weather, the food and the training program?

Do you know him?

Seeing as though winning isn't important this year, I'd play this forward line this week. 0 goals in a half is pathetic so we need to radically transform the line.

HF Sylvia Juice Watts

F Jurrah Robbo Maric

But I know Jurrah won't debut while Watts is a possibility. I also know Bate will not be dropped.

I think Bate and Miller should both pay the consequences for contributing a grand total of 1 goal between them for the game.

Akin to throwing out the baby out with the bath water. Lets not let unneeded desperation get the better sense of playing players before they are deemed ready for AFL.

FCS they play AFL. One has played 120 games, the other 18. To get to that level, you can't be a 'dud'.

Are you serious? I'm wirting about how good they are at AFL level not any other level. They would star at lower levels and are a million times better footballer than I am and probably anybody else here. The never played AFL response is pathetic your worst post ever.

I thought Bell played an alright game, am I the only one? Didn't get a lot of it but when he did he seemed to make good decisions and I don't remember him being caught once!

Great to see you still around Rudey. You buying the dee's memebership next year i hope...

Can i ask you a few questions about hopefully a decent future MFC player in Liam?

How is Liam going with it all? I am sure there are bouts of home sickness and all but is the club looking after him in that sense?

Also how is he coping with the colder weather, the food and the training program?

I guess I'm loathe to say much about Liam in a public forum as he's a close friend, but I will say that he's settled in wonderfully at the Dees, and importantly, in terms of living in Melbourne. He had a bit of an injury set back for 2-3 weeks, but is now fighting fit, is putting on weight/muscle and is gaining fitness. Unlike all other draftees, he's never been through traditional development squads, and hasn't even had a full pre-season yet. What you see is raw talent. For that reason, I see the potential improvement in Liam as a footballer as being huge. This kid could be anything. Once he bulks up a bit and learns to play to the Dees game plan, the sky is the limit.

The Melbourne football department are to be congratulated for the terrific job they've done, helping him settle in and providing a very supportive environment. Obviously he gets homesick, but he was able to see all his old Yuendumu teammates in the last few days, as they were in Melbourne playing in Sunday's curtain raiser game at the MCG. I guess I'd love him to kick the winning goal against the Pies on Monday, but that would be a fairy tale. Realistically, I'm hoping he gets to play a couple of senior games this year, and uses that experience as a springboard for a year of senior football in 2010.

As for the cold weather - right now I'm trying to organise someone to fix his central heating!

Are you serious? I'm wirting about how good they are at AFL level not any other level. They would star at lower levels and are a million times better footballer than I am and probably anybody else here. The never played AFL response is pathetic your worst post ever.
Nothing like taking things slightly out of context. I said, "who probably haven't even played football, let alone AFL". Get it right.