Have lived through many false dawns:
1. Norm Smith's mass recruitment, 1966. No big names to emerge, we got smashed nearly every week.
2. Fight our way to 7th (out of 12)
3. Tiger Ridley gets us on fire in 1971, and i lap up Sunday Observer write-ups how we are back in town. Get demolished by CWood on Q Birthday with Len Thompson marking everything.
4. 1976 see us flying to finals under Bobby Skilton only to narrowly miss.
5. Return of Ron. 1980 yields promise but no pudding.
6. The John Northey phenomenonon. Absolutely amazing, but always faltered, maybe didn't have enough belief.
7. Balmey in 1994. Fabulous year with Schwarta but undone in the west. Cruelled by injuries.
8. Neil Daniher - from 1998. A lot of respect but maybe just didn't have the cattle in 98 and 2000.
9. Roos/ Goodwin. Would say there is heaps of belief now and we are becoming consistent. Never seen such a game as Saturday night, shows we mean business this year. Can realistically hope for success, hope it's sooner rather than later.