Jump to content

Dee Dee

Life Member
  • Content Count

    849
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

550 Excellent

About Dee Dee

  • Rank
    Mighty Demon

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Country Victoria

Previous Fields

  • Favourite Player(s)
    Tom Wills, Percy Beames, Allan LaFontaine, Sir Albert Chadwick, Donald Cordner

Recent Profile Visitors

5,059 profile views
  1. Dee Dee

    MFC Mature Age Players, Best of 2018 and beyond.

    ?Austin Bradtke is mature age?
  2. Dee Dee

    Does Height matter that much?

    Glenn Archer used to stand and beat far taller opponents. He was (I think) 182cm tall but powerful, coordinated and beautifully balanced. On the other hand I can remember 200cm lumbering ruckman who were hopeless. Hard work and ability, hard work and ability.
  3. Dee Dee

    Gary Pert?

    Any news regarding how our new CEO is going? He’s been in the job for a few weeks now so I thought we’d hear something about how he’s settling in. He has damn big shoes to fill!!!
  4. Dee Dee

    Training - Friday 30th November, 2018

    Just on young Bradtke, I understood he was being chased by a number of clubs before he chose Melbourne. I suppose recruiters saw something in him: ours certainly did👍.
  5. Dee Dee

    Training Pics - 30th November, 2018

    Thank you for the excellent photographs 666. As a country lad who can’t get down to the city too often they really bring home to me the atmosphere of training. Well done.
  6. Dee Dee

    WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - NATALIE PORTMAN

    Gee, she is one very smart lady and from a very smart family. Just look at her entry in Wikipedia.
  7. Dee Dee

    2019 Membership

    ? What’s a Cheque? Is my credit card about to be replaced by new technology?
  8. Dee Dee

    Demons Grand Plan for Yarra Park Training HQ

    And dominated by 10 drop in cricket pitches right now. Not to mention the surface grass cut to 12mm length for cricket (24mm for football) making it rather hard. I certainly wish we could but not possible any more.
  9. I suppose I’ve seen it a little too often, the “we got this bloke for peanuts but he’s really good”. However the FD made the decision and I hope it will be the correct one.
  10. I watches 1 match that he played in this year and had trouble finding him on the field. So yes at present Baltic and Viv Michie both come to mind. I wish the lad well but I’m a bit pessimistic.
  11. How things change, a few years ago our full forward was 187cm tall! In fact Allen Jackovich and Russell Robertson were 187 (and probably still are). Yet today they are considered smallish! And Colinjazzknee at 190 is mid sized. I feel an affinity with Charlie Spargo!
  12. Dee Dee

    Calling all MCC Members

    Actually you do have a point (if IMHO badly expressed). I know MCC members who claim to support the Football Club yet don’t know much about the team and never go to matches. How wealthy they are,, I’m not sure😳. It’s an interesting fact about MCC members, as many as 40% never go to events and of the remaining 60%, maybe 30% go to a match (cricket or football) once or twice a year. So, you pay $15.00 a year membership, lucky bu#*er! There’s that story from a few years ago concerning the man who travelled from England to attend the 50 year lunch. It was his first visit to the MCG!
  13. Dee Dee

    2018 Player Reviews: # 13 Clayton Oliver

    When I first saw Jordie McKenzie in a pre season game the bummers I thought we had found the player Clarry has since become. This new #13 is really one out of the box! I just hope we can afford to keep him!!!
  14. Dee Dee

    2018 Player Reviews: # 25 Tom McDonald

    One of the very best pack marks in the league. That’s what I really like about Tom (and he can run all day)!
  15. Dee Dee

    2018 Player Reviews: # 18 Jake Melksham

    A couple of years ago, a couple of bomber supporters told me Milky was useless and we were welcome to him. Toward the end of the season they had sure changed their minds with one even denying saying Milky was no good. And that left foot snap from just outside the 50 against Hawthorn (?) was equal to Bernie’s down at Geelong a few years ago!
×