One of my first training reports so be nice Feel free to ask me any questions.
- Oliver ran around the boundary the whole time. Looked fine, just needs fitness.
- Lever ran around the boundary too. Looks much bigger in the upper body which was nice to see. Has obviously been hitting the weights hard.
- Steven May. Wow. Easily the best trainer today. Is probably the best kick in our team and was looking very comfortable in front of goal too when having set shots for about 15 minutes. He could definitely go forward in games. Bedford tried to dance on May in a drill and May went straight at him and took him to the ground. Got a bit of an applause from the players and a laugh from the coaches. A good lesson for Bedford. This is AFL. May also lifted Nibbler up off the ground rugby style and almost flipped him over completely but he landed okay and continued. You could hear 'well done Stevie' throughout a lot of the training sessions.
- Petracca ran around the boundary and he definitely still has the Petracca plod and could definitely strip weight off.
- Harmes was running around the boundary and looking in great physical nick. He has dropped weight and is so thin around his waist now.
- Sparrow is a good kick and hit a lot of 30m targets comfortably. I liked what I saw.
- James Jordon seems to lack a bit of pace but if he can find his feet at afl level, I think it will be half back. Composed and a good user. Also pinged one from 55m off 1 step in between drills.
- Preuss trained very well. His kicking is very good from what I saw. barely missed a target.
- I can actually see why bedford slid to the 70's in the draft. he is quick and he has tricks but his kicking needs work. I think he will be quite shaky in front of goals.
- Kade Chandler was the pick of the draftees today. He plays with intensity and is quick across the field. He could develop into a decent player. Has a bit of Ben Kennedy about him. LOL. And whilst Kennedy wasn't up to AFL standard that doesn't mean Chandler can't. A nuggety small forward left footer with intensity.
- I wouldn't be holding my breath of Austin Bradtke making it. I don't want to go too early but he seemed way off the pace. In terms of physicality and skill. Even in training he seemed out of his depth.
- After training finished, the draftees were forced to do a bunch (maybe 4 or 5) 300m run throughs as full pace. James Jordon was the pick of the bunch there. He tired in the last couple but he was clearly the best of the lot at these distances. nietschke performed well too.