Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden

monoccular

Members
  • Last visited

• Days Won

monoccular last won the day on February 6 2022

monoccular had the most liked content!

Previous Fields

• Favourite Player(s)
    Gawnius maximus, Clarrie, Chris Salem, Angus Brayshaw.

Profile Information

• Interests
    MFC Premierships, and old enough to remember half of them!

Recent Profile Visitors

20,982 profile views

monoccular's Achievements

Legend

Legend (6/10)

1. Except when it chooses to do so. Special circumstances, special player, special team.
  2. OK to be nervous but bagging him as waste of space, list clogger etc as some do to some players who do not become stars is disrespectful and doesn’t contribute much of use. Luke Molan I believe broke his leg very early on, then maybe a dislocated or fractured a shoulder on return, and yes maybe an ACL that finished his career. Never had a chance.
  3. I will again come to the defence of Luke Molan. He never had an opportunity to show his wares due to a succession of unrelated serious impact injuries. How many consecutive games did he get at Sandringham who as I recall was our VFL affiliate at the time? Nobody knows, seriously, if he could have been an even half decent player.
  4. As was I. Actually 2 GFs in my first few weeks. Rusted on early.
  5. Is that the same Caleb Daniel whose apalking kick out of defence resulted in Angus’ game changing goal in the 2021 GF? He shanked quite a few.
  6. No wonder there are those who see the AFL as a totally corrupt body, like the IOC, FIFA etc. They seem to be able to find special circumstances to suit their agenda at will As others have said, I love footy and the MFC but I have nothing but contempt for the administrative body known as the AFL. I used to watch maybe 4 or 5 games a weekend but really now only watch MFC, with occasional looks at Kayo minis of other games
  7. Can’t stand the guy, but was Collingwood premiership ruckman 🕶️a cat B rookie with zero knowledge of footy when recruited? Very much a speculative pick.
  8. Have we ever tried having the forwards disperse in all directions especially in a set shot (mark or free) from midfield. Each would have to drag a defender. Kick it in low, even if into space. Going high makes the defenders’ life easy, and subjects our forwards to being repeatedly crunched. As I recall we did have Gus and Salem for most if not all of those games. Suck depth of experience us hard to suddenly replace.
  9. Christian gives the appearance of being of very limited intelligence and cannot explain why two almost identical incidents attract different penalties. He has been there far too long and becomes more inconsistent every week. Time to move him on.
  10. I can’t seems to find the Butters’ one.
  11. Thanks guys for your hard work and entertaining presentations. I look forward to these every week, maybe more so this week after a loss. There are those calling for widespread changes (or droppings) without really looking at replacements. The whole team looked flat as a pancake from the outset. Was this fatigue or maybe even some sort of illness? Some suggested drinking our Adelaide bathwater - warning: just don’t drink Adelaide water full stop! I saw fatigue and up against a recent runner up desperate to get on the ladder. IMO Kolt added energy particularly early and although he didn’t star by any means he was far from worst. Deserves another run. The big key forwards had a collective shocker but unlike in some of our earlier games the mids (maybe under more pressure) seemed to bomb high rather than low and long. Wouldn’t the latter be better even if into space than giving interceptors opportunities to do their thing? Certainly missed Kozzie and I hope he feels bad about not being there. JVR competes hard and his back up ruck work is really quite good. No way would I drop him. Still only a second year tall finding his feet. Some promising reports from Casey especially re Sestan, Brown, Verrall and maybe Fullerton and Laurie. Is Hunter in the hunt after only one game? Reports suggested his kicking lacked penetration though it usually does. BBB has made a surprising contribution though he looked more knackered than most. Will the bye be enough or is it Fullerton (or Turner) time? Although Salo hasn’t been at his best the early injury threw the balance out - have you seen enough of AMW to suggest he is ready? Woey did a reasonable job though he is of course (at this stage anyway) no Salem So much to look forward to this week. Thanks again and stay positive.
  12. Thanks so much for posting that Fork. Takes one's mind away from Thursday night and shows what we are capable of. PS Bevo totally uninspiring. Does he have some goat photos?
  13. I tried to post this last night but for some reason it was on hold. I did t watch one second of the Dogs vDrugs game but seriously when is the blowtorch from the media going to focus on Beveridge and the Footscray “culture”??
  14. I thought he brought a lot of energy to the contest particularly in the first 5-10 minutes and was not helped by the fact that his experienced team mates mostly had a horrible off night too. Little support around him and far from disgraced. 4 tackles was more than the more senior forwards combined.